The Student Room Group

Do I Still Have a Enough Time For Revision?

I have three A - Level exams in January, I've started revision but wouldn't say proper revision. Do I still have enough time to revise PROPERLY and get good grades?

* Do I Still Have Enough Time For Revision
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Warrior078
I have three exams in January, I've started revision but wouldn't say proper revision. Do I still have enough time to revise PROPERLY and get good grades?

* Do I Still Have Enough Time For Revision

Yes...

You can do revision in a week if you're efficient.
I'd hope so. I haven't started properly yet and I have four exams.
I know, I'm an idiot :P
What the actual ****?! I call troll
Reply 4
Original post by JammyDoughnut

Not trolling, I'm serious
Reply 5
Original post by Iepnauy
Yes...

These are AS Level exams, I don't think you can in just one week...
Reply 6
Oh if u mean AS level then yeah sure you have enough time!

i only have 1 A2 exam in January thank goddd
but im still freaking out that i wont have enough time because i have tones of coursework to be in for this week, but willl need to revise every day in xmas hols! WAHHHHHHH

but yeah, you can still get good grades if u revise now or even next week, good luck happy revising 8-)
Reply 7
Original post by emma9
Oh if u mean AS level then yeah sure you have enough time!

i only have 1 A2 exam in January thank goddd
but im still freaking out that i wont have enough time because i have tones of coursework to be in for this week, but willl need to revise every day in xmas hols! WAHHHHHHH

but yeah, you can still get good grades if u revise now or even next week, good luck happy revising 8-)

Thanks, just because I've really been worrying about Physics, I'm okay on Maths and Economics I guess (Can get a B but want an A in both of them).
Original post by JammyDoughnut

wtf, are u serious..
Reply 9
It depends on how you take things in really, if you feel you need to start now then do so. Some people only need to revise like a week before an exam and they come out with A's.. :smile:
it totally depends on you....

if you are a student who needs to revise everything 100 times before entering that exam hall...then NO you are officially ******!!If you have really good memory and understanding...then it wont take you more than two weeks to rivise for your exams. Good luck

Think again.

Even at Oxbridge revision of two weeks is sufficient when done in a structured manner - as a tip, university work is more difficult that A level.
Original post by Iepnauy
Yes...

True, but this requires epic skill. I have no idea how to revise truely efficiently. It is like an art, which is why I started revision months ago.
Original post by DeanK22
Think again.

Even at Oxbridge revision of two weeks is sufficient when done in a structured manner - as a tip, university work is more difficult that A level.

Really? I find it hard to believe that you can revise a whole academic years worth of knowledge in 2 weeks, that would have otherwise..... taken many months to learn in the first place.
Original post by DeanK22
Think again.

What's this structured manner I hear of? Gimme tips. :biggrin:
Reply 15

Erh... Pretty sure you can.

Just remember, everything you revise you have already learnt (or should have). All you're doing is making sure of a few details you didn't quite understand when you were learning it.
Reply 16
Fail to prepare...

Prepare to failll...
:d
Reply 17
I have 6 and I haven't started. That's right, I'm ****ing badass.
Yes, you do, if you get off here and start revising NOW. Best to do it this week then you can have a bit of time off for Christmas!
Reply 19
Original post by Awesomesauce
Really? I find it hard to believe that you can revise a whole academic years worth of knowledge in 2 weeks, that would have otherwise..... taken many months to learn in the first place.

Well no...as the whole concept of revision is to re-cap the work you've already done. You should have already learnt the majority of the topics and all that's needed is to reinforce what you've learnt and to get those definitions word perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest