The Student Room Group

Dating a single mother.. situation.

Hello everyone, for quite a while now iv'e been in a bit of a tricky situation, firstly please no flames or anything like that.

I am in a relationship right now that i am not happy in, it isn't all THAT serious as we have only recently started going out, although i get the feeling she feels its more serious than it is, it just tends to revolve around sex.

However, A while back i met this fantastic girl who i sort of knew through mutual friends on Facebook and she doesn't live too far from me, She's great, we spend all night talking about just about everything, we Met up and we clicked so well together, it was Fantastic, she has a 2 year old Daughter though, but she is only 20, however, the big problem is,

I am still sleeping with my partner, and the Mother i am meeting tommorow, I have allready met her Daughter and she is lovely, that is not a problem with me at all, especially as she has a great Dad allready who is in the picture.

However, the big problem is that they have recently split up, and although shes assured me they have no plans of getting back together, she Recently slept with him, once, after we spoke on Friday, she got upset that i was still sleeping with my 'girlfriend', and said she might as well do the same with her Ex, She told me today and i was devastated, Im not sure why because she was devestated to find out that i am still sleeping with my girlfriend.

I do plan to end my unhappy relationship and possible take things further with her, but i do not want to do this until i am sure she has no plans to go back towards him, he is very manipulative and controlling, According to her, but i have no qualms with him as hes a great dad, Apparently. They are currently living together under the same roof but he is supposed to be moving out in the New Year.

I'm meeting her tommorow but im at a loss as to what to do, I really care about her, And know she feels the same, but it just feels like swings and roundabouts and im desperately seeking some advice on the matter. I love kids anyway and that's not the problem for me, it's more about all the complications regarding her Ex, my currently Girlfriend, and the difficulties that will have to be overcome to make this work.

any advice is much appreciated :frown:
Reply 1
bump =/
Sort it out. if you like her then dump your girlfriend and get on with it, if shes with you and happy she wont sleep with her daughters dad.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, for quite a while now iv'e been in a bit of a tricky situation, firstly please no flames or anything like that.

I am in a relationship right now that i am not happy in, it isn't all THAT serious as we have only recently started going out, although i get the feeling she feels its more serious than it is, it just tends to revolve around sex.

However, A while back i met this fantastic girl who i sort of knew through mutual friends on Facebook and she doesn't live too far from me, She's great, we spend all night talking about just about everything, we Met up and we clicked so well together, it was Fantastic, she has a 2 year old Daughter though, but she is only 20, however, the big problem is,

I am still sleeping with my partner, and the Mother i am meeting tommorow, I have allready met her Daughter and she is lovely, that is not a problem with me at all, especially as she has a great Dad allready who is in the picture.

However, the big problem is that they have recently split up, and although shes assured me they have no plans of getting back together, she Recently slept with him, once, after we spoke on Friday, she got upset that i was still sleeping with my 'girlfriend', and said she might as well do the same with her Ex, She told me today and i was devastated, Im not sure why because she was devestated to find out that i am still sleeping with my girlfriend.

I do plan to end my unhappy relationship and possible take things further with her, but i do not want to do this until i am sure she has no plans to go back towards him, he is very manipulative and controlling, According to her, but i have no qualms with him as hes a great dad, Apparently. They are currently living together under the same roof but he is supposed to be moving out in the New Year.

I'm meeting her tommorow but im at a loss as to what to do, I really care about her, And know she feels the same, but it just feels like swings and roundabouts and im desperately seeking some advice on the matter. I love kids anyway and that's not the problem for me, it's more about all the complications regarding her Ex, my currently Girlfriend, and the difficulties that will have to be overcome to make this work.

Firstly, you need to realise that you are pretty much stringing your girlfriend along. If you feel that you want to try a relationship with someone else then you are clearly not in that place with her, and you should let her go, whether it works out with this new woman or not.

Once you've finished with her then the way this new woman reacts could tell you all you need to know; if her ex moves out and she speaks of him less etc then you can be assured that she was just holding on while things between the two of you weren't developing and you can see how things work out with her. If he doesn't move out and she admits that she is still seeing him/ might possibly get back with him then you can decide what you want to do as and when, but at the same time your girlfriend is not being messed around.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

No point being in an unhappy relationship, is there?

Go tell her how you feel, (is it serious or will she think it's too early for you to admit this???) like you said you really care about her!
Reply 5
There's a possibility that she (The Mother) is using the whole 'you're sleeping with so and so, I mind aswell too' as an excuse to make her actions seem a little more legitimate.

They only slept together last friday. That was a week ago. We're talking about two people who have a child together, live under the same roof and slept with each other.. last week.

While it may be just a case of them both grasping an opportunity, 'something' must of happened for them to sleep with each other, something positive, which suggests the relationship isn't entirely over despite her claims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending