The Student Room Group

S2 or D1? (edexcel)

Which one is easier and would give me the best chance of succeeding in the exams?

(take into account everything: size of each book, actual exam questions - I heard D1 can be a bit dodgy in the exam, true?, etc)

-bear in mind that I have from now until the january exam date to revise for either of these :eek:
Reply 1
D1, for sure. The book itself looks pretty thick, but its mostly just diagrams. It's much easier to teach yourself decision than it is stats :smile:
I think the mark schemes are very precise though... so you would need to be pretty prepared for it but this can be achieved by doing past papers and looking at the mark schemes. Theres also quite a few definisions in D1 that need to be learnt but they arent too complicated :smile: xx
Reply 2
D1 son, very easy if u put the effort in only annoying thing is everyone does well in it so grade boundries are high. Ive done S2 as well its not tough but clearly is harder than D1.
Reply 3
Original post by Katt-x
D1, for sure. The book itself looks pretty thick, but its mostly just diagrams. It's much easier to teach yourself decision than it is stats :smile:
I think the mark schemes are very precise though... so you would need to be pretty prepared for it but this can be achieved by doing past papers and looking at the mark schemes. Theres also quite a few definisions in D1 that need to be learnt but they arent too complicated :smile: xx

Thats exactly what I hate :tongue:

btw, are the answers written in words or something?
Reply 4
Original post by bobbyjimmy
D1 son, very easy if u put the effort in only annoying thing is everyone does well in it so grade boundries are high. Ive done S2 as well its not tough but clearly is harder than D1.

How does S2 compare with S1?
Reply 5
D1-- it's quite enjoyable and the diagrams, etc. not difficult to learn. One of my favourites of maths A-level :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by W.H.T
How does S2 compare with S1?

A step up but nothing too much harder to be honest, expect around the same grade as you got for s1 really if u work the same amount.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending