The Student Room Group

What happens if you just leave home at 17 without consent?

I'd write my mum a note to say that I haven't been kidnapped. What can the police do, and will the police check my internet history?
Nothing :s-smilie: My parents both left home when they were 15, my cousins moved out when they were 16.

In the UK you can leave home at 16, you're not a kid anymore. Police won't get involved.
Can't you talk to your parents & explain why you want to leave? & if they don't listen, then run away.. but not before then.
Reply 3
Well if after three days noting has been heard of you, they will file a missing persons report and send out a search party. And yes, the first place they will check is your internet history to make sure you haven't got lost in the vortex of the internet matrix.
Reply 4
Original post by screenager2004
Nothing :s-smilie: My parents both left home when they were 15, my cousins moved out when they were 16.

In the UK you can leave home at 16, you're not a kid anymore. Police won't get involved.

Will I get reported as a missing person? I'd still be going to school where my brother would see me.
Reply 5
Original post by edd360
Well if after three days noting has been heard of you, they will file a missing persons report and send out a search party. And yes, the first place they will check is your internet history to make sure you haven't got lost in the vortex of the internet matrix.

I'd still be going to school and my brother would see me there everyday, as well as all the teachers. Would the police still check my internet history then?
Original post by Cinqueta
Will I get reported as a missing person? I'd still be going to school where my brother would see me.

No, you aren't missing.
Reply 7
I'd still be going to school and my brother would see me there everyday, as well as all the teachers. Would the police still check my internet history then?

Well it seems a bit silly to look for you in the internet if they know where you are, doesn't it?
Reply 8
Nothing. You are free my child.
Reply 9
Original post by edd360
Well it seems a bit silly to look for you in the internet if they know where you are, doesn't it?

But they wouldn't know where I was living, would they look at my internet history if they don't know that?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
But they wouldn't know where I was living, would they look at my internet hitsory if they don't know that?

Probably not, no. But, you do realise you can clear your internet history...
But they wouldn't know where I was living, would they look at my internet hitsory if they don't know that?

Surely it'd be easier to just ask you?
Reply 12
Original post by edd360
Probably not, no. But, you do realise you can clear your internet history...

Well you can see the history by request it from the ISP or tapping the router can't you? I'd be taking my laptop with me, but I heard that everything is recorded by your ISP.

No, it's very unlikely that they would check your internet history.

If you left a note for your parents, stating that you're safe, then the police really have no need to get involved.
Reply 14
Check your internet history?

Why have you got something naughty on there? :tongue:
Or you could stopbeing a big baby and tell your parents you are moving out.

Quick Reply