The Student Room Group

Does this annoy you...?

Incoming call on your mobile. You recognise number as the person you swapped numbers with ages ago, but don't know them very well.

Me: Hello?

Caller: 'Andy', where are ya?

Me: At home, why watsup?

Caller: Sh1t, which Andy is this?

Me: Andy. Andy Parkins from uni.

Caller: oh, wrong Andy *Puts fone down*

No apology no nothing, to make it worse they don't even pretend to cover up the mistake by maybe asking how your doin or sumthing!! I'm using Andy as an example.

EDIT: Just to clarify, caller assumes I'm Andy, his friend not Andy the lad he met down the pub during some random discussion we swappd numbers. He's stored both of us as Andy in his fonebook but mixed us up.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you forgot to make the last "caller" bit bold, and it bugging me :rolleyes:

and, no, thats never happened :/
Reply 2
Original post by -kit-kat-
you forgot to make the last "caller" bit bold, and it bugging me :rolleyes:

and, no, thats never happened :/

LOL corrected. wasn't really intened as a grammatically correct post but thanks :wink:
Reply 3
doesn't happen enough to annoy me. if he was your mate i'd be annoyed. seeing as it's someone you don't know, i wouldn't really care :P
Reply 4
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
LOL corrected. wasn't really intened as a grammatically correct post but thanks :wink:

wow, nice when someone listens :tongue:
note I didn't complain about the grammar
haha i had a similar experience just a week ago. But my caller was more offensive. They just hung up :smile:
Reply 6
Should have phoned him back up.

Hi, is this Caller?
Reply 7
I don't think it's happened to me. It's rude not to just say sorry though, that's just common courtesy
Reply 8
Original post by Rzc
doesn't happen enough to annoy me. if he was your mate i'd be annoyed. seeing as it's someone you don't know, i wouldn't really care :P

doesn't happen often but it can be a nuisance when it does. i do find it funny though but annoying at the same time
Reply 9
I can't say I've lost sleep over it.
Never happened to me but that is rather rude. He could at least of said he was sorry. Jeez. Some people.
Reply 11
doesn't happen often but it can be a nuisance when it does. i do find it funny though but annoying at the same time

aha yeah he shudda said sorry, but really it doesn't matter :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by StephenP91
Should have phoned him back up.

Hi, is this Caller?

:wink: lol and say its Me calling.
:wink: lol and say its Me calling.

Hahaha.
Reply 14
It annoys me when someone puts an ambiguous title in a thread where it's something that's not really that big of a deal.
It doesn't bother me, I just appreciate having a phone call to be honest
Reply 16

Don't think the complaint was over grammar to be honest..
Reply 17
Pretty rude.
Reply 18
Original post by sparkjolt
It annoys me when someone puts an ambiguous title in a thread where it's something that's not really that big of a deal.

HAHA thats actually funny. but thanks :mad:
Reply 19

Incoming call on your mobile. You recognise number as the person you swapped numbers with ages ago, but don't know them very well.

Me: Hello?

Caller: 'Andy', where are ya?

Me: At home, why watsup?

Caller: Sh1t, which Andy is this?

Me: Andy. Andy Parkins from uni.

Caller: oh, wrong Andy *Puts fone down*

Its really annoying. No apology no nothing, to make it worse they don't even pretend to cover up the mistake by maybe asking how your doin or sumthing!! My names not Andy btw.

EDIT: Just to clarify, caller assumes I'm Andy, his friend. He's stored both of us as Andy in his fonebook but mixed us up.

So you're not Andy but you are Andy Parkins but then you said that your name isn't Andy??

:hmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending