The Student Room Group

How would you spend £1500?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blutarsky
If you were given £1500 and you weren't going to university, what would you do with it?

For the purposes of this, we'll pretend that charities have stopped asking for donations :wink:

EDIT: Assume also that you don't need to save any money :smile:

Funny enough I know exactly what I'd go on.

1. Sony DSLR-A580 ~£700
2. Pills or ket. ~ the rest of the money, ie £800
Reply 81
100 grams of cannabis.
Oooh ooh. I would go and spend it in Meadowhall <3 :smile:

Topman, Next, Republic and maannnny other shops.
Guys shopping is even better than girls' shopping :smile:
I <3 shopping. Please gimme £1500! :cool:
Reply 83
Ok, ok... What about if you didn't need to save it? A future, well paid job and house was guaranteed and you had £1500 to spend to leave childhood so to speak with a bang :smile:

car?

whats your future 'well paid job'?
I wouldn't I'm Asian

And if had to i would for the cheapest version :P
Reply 85
Clothes, shoes etc....
Original post by Captain92
Charity.

EDIT: ah.

Erm. An iPhone. And general computer upgrades. I need a new CPU and graphics card. Bit more RAM wouldn't go amiss.
Feck it, I want an Alienware. :3

I second this,Anything extra I'd use to buy Cuban cigars.Even pimps play counter strike :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by AwsomePossum
I second this,Anything extra I'd use to buy Cuban cigars.Even pimps play counter strike :smile:

:wink:
Reply 88
Original post by Lozza_00
car?

whats your future 'well paid job'?

I'm an Officer in the Royal Navy :smile:
A HD TV for my room (32 inches) and an alienware gaming pc and if I have money left over, an iPad.
clothes/shoes/bags/jewellery :coma:
Reply 91
I'd give it to my mum.
Reply 92
i need a new suit so savile row it is
Reply 93
Get something nice, some new clothes. And spend it on family.
Reply 94
If you were given £1500 and you weren't going to university, what would you do with it?

For the purposes of this, we'll pretend that charities have stopped asking for donations :wink:

EDIT: Assume also that you don't need to save any money :smile:

Charities aren't needing donations, so I wouldn't give it to them. That precludes anything that could be interpreted as charity, like homeless people does it?

And I don't need to save, which means I've got money. So, if I've got money, I've already got what I would have spent it on otherwise, meaning that I might either save it anyway, put it away with the rest, or give it to someone else.
Pension fund and burial ceremony/
Reply 96
Original post by Tootles
Charities aren't needing donations, so I wouldn't give it to them. That precludes anything that could be interpreted as charity, like homeless people does it?

And I don't need to save, which means I've got money. So, if I've got money, I've already got what I would have spent it on otherwise, meaning that I might either save it anyway, put it away with the rest, or give it to someone else.

Smart ass fail.
Reply 97
Smart ass fail.

Explain the failure?
I'm loath to spend money on myself even though I want too so it would be very hard to do but I'd get...

Decent SLR camera with a decent macro lens, so there's half the money gone.

I might then add £150 and buy a nice gaming PC or if not I'd probably just spend it on the exotics so a few new kitted out enclosures, some nice tarantula specimens, some lizards, frogs etc.

OR maybe scrap that and a trip to the jungles of Borneo or Costa rica...but I'd want the SLR and I wouldn't be able to afford both...
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm torn between travelling and a PS3, new laptop etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending