The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadcast Journalism - what's it really like?

Looking for views from current students please. What's it really like? Are the employer links good? Anyone get any job lined up or something already? Are the lecturers helpful and available when you need them?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Currently studying the course in the first year. I absolutely love it. In answer to your questions, what's it really like? Busy, I've only been there a term and am constantly travelling across Nottingham getting interviews and making packages. But I find this hugely enjoyable and love the challenge the course presents.

Are the lecturers helpful. Yes. Are they around when you need them, more often than not yes.

As for links with the industry I'd be hugely surprised if there was a better BJ course in the country for links with the industry, including Leeds. You have the likes of Catherine Adams and Andrew James who still work for the BBC (Andrew is on Final Score and Football Focus every week) and people like Emma Heamingway who as worked in more or less every major national newsroom in the UK.

Worth mentioning the facilities. Best in the country. Fact.

If you want to do well and enjoy this course you've got to be devoted to the subject (journalism, not just broadcasting) and really want to do it. If you are you'll love it, and I among many others (both students and professionals) believe it's the best BJ course in the country by a mile.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CH29
Currently studying the course in the first year. I absolutely love it. In answer to your questions, what's it really like? Busy, I've only been there a term and am constantly travelling across Nottingham getting interviews and making packages. But I find this hugely enjoyable and love the challenge the course presents.

Are the lecturers helpful. Yes. Are they around when you need them, more often than not yes.

As for links with the industry I'd be hugely surprised if there was a better BJ course in the country for links with the industry, including Leeds. You have the likes of Catherine Adams and Andrew James who still work for the BBC (Andrew is on Final Score and Football Focus every week) and people like Emma Heamingway who as worked in more or less every major national newsroom in the UK.

Worth mentioning the facilities. Best in the country. Fact.

If you want to do well and enjoy this course you've got to be devoted to the subject (journalism, not just broadcasting) and really want to do it. If you are you'll love it, and I among many others (both students and professionals) believe it's the best BJ course in the country by a mile.

Thanks that was hugely helpful!
Reply 3
Original post by alevels
Thanks that was hugely helpful!

No probs, good luck!
Reply 4
I also have a query, I am on a gap year and will probably apply for Nott Trent to do Media and International Relations, however I am really interested in Broadcast Journalism and I'm wondering if it is easy to transfer on to the course if I get an offer for my original course...........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending