The Student Room Group

Pain in right groin - female

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
UPDATE: I was aiming to go to the out of hours this evening, with regards to my chest and obv. with the intention of bringing up the groin pain. However talking to the Dr on the phone, he didn't sound too fond of me being another patient to add to his 1 hour waiting list, and firmly told me to go see my Dr tomorrow (I've been given the run around for the past 5/6wks, back and forth). So didn't get the bottom of the groin pain.

However what I have now noticed is the pain is now in the left side and I have lump in my lady flap on the right side. When I feel it, it's the size of a small small bouncy ball, and v v painful. And the left side, I also have a pea size ball but within the creases of my lady flap (if that makes sense?).

I've absolutely no friggin idea what is going on. But after being fobbed off tonight with trying to see a Dr, my mum is putting her foot down tomorrow and demanding someone see me immediately at the Dr surgery. :frown: :frown: I'm convinced it's my period trying to regulate, but to be on the safe side and taking on board the advice here, I'm having this checked out.

yes definitely see a doctor! they might be cysts, condylomas or various other lumps but you should really go see a doctor now. Good luck with the doctor, i hope it'll be fine.
Reply 21
Original post by theiantomywanda
yes definitely see a doctor! they might be cysts, condylomas or various other lumps but you should really go see a doctor now. Good luck with the doctor, i hope it'll be fine.

Yes, I was moan to mum earlier and she said tomorrow will be the day of getting to the bottom of everything. So hopefully all will be sorted tomorrow (I hope). It'll be a male Dr looking at my 'foo foo' tomorrow (not fond on that), but it's for my own good and health - feeling embarrassed goes completely out the window.

Will update thread tomorrow.
Reply 22
Hi all,

As the title says I've developed a dull ache, sharp pain in my right groin. The pain is making me unable to walk properly. I vaguely remember having something similar (I think) ages ago and it eventually went. But this has just come out of nowhere. I'm not sure whether it's my period trying to go back into a proper cycle or whether it's something more serious.

I know people on here are not Drs, but I was just wondering if any other ladies have experienced anything similar.

Would appreciate mature replies, thanks.

Hello :smile:

I have had a similar problem, however mines due to a health condition I have. I would recommend that you go to the doctors just to get checked to make sure it isn't anything serious. :smile: however our bodies to have a tendancy to act very strangely! :wink: but still.

Hope all gets better soon

xx

P.S. Didn't read your above post.. oops.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
UPDATE: Went to the Drs today, at last I have seen a Dr who is finally getting the ball rolling and getting everything sorted. I am having an urgent ultrasound on my abdomen, a gynae. look by Dr and Nurse tomorrow and ANOTHER blood test!!

So hopefully by the end of this week, I will finally know what is going on, with my chest as well as the groin pain.
Reply 24
Glad things are finally getting sorted for you! :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by dani_88
Glad things are finally getting sorted for you! :smile:

Thank you. Will post again when I find out more.

I'm updating this, so if anyone else finds themselves in similar circumstances in the future, they know what to do and etc.
Reply 26
I've been in your situation so I feel your pain I really do :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by dani_88
I've been in your situation so I feel your pain I really do :smile:

Not looking forward to having a male Dr and a female nurse do the gyane examination :/. Hopefully it'll be over quickly! :/
Reply 28

Not looking forward to having a male Dr and a female nurse do the gyane examination :/. Hopefully it'll be over quickly! :/

I had a male doctor, a male student doctor, a student midwife and a nurse all watching me have mine... talk about embarrassing! And the student midwife is at my university... awkward :p:
Reply 29
Original post by dani_88
I had a male doctor, a male student doctor, a student midwife and a nurse all watching me have mine... talk about embarrassing! And the student midwife is at my university... awkward :p:

Oh jeeze :cool: - thankfully I won't be having that much of an audience tomorrow. But now I feel slightly better (sorry lol), that is v embarrassing. But end of the day, embarrassment aside, it's for own benefit to know what the heck is going on and find out what is going on.
Reply 30

Oh jeeze :cool: - thankfully I won't be having that much of an audience tomorrow. But now I feel slightly better (sorry lol), that is v embarrassing. But end of the day, embarrassment aside, it's for own benefit to know what the heck is going on and find out what is going on.

Exactly. I got the shock of my life after my internal though. But that's not a story to share with all of TSR :p:
Presumably they'll do some swabs and what not? The gynae will do all the more 'thorough' tests i'd have thought! But presumably they've gotta rule all the bog standard things out first? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by dani_88
Exactly. I got the shock of my life after my internal though. But that's not a story to share with all of TSR :p:
Presumably they'll do some swabs and what not? The gynae will do all the more 'thorough' tests i'd have thought! But presumably they've gotta rule all the bog standard things out first? :smile:

Yea I had the STI check a few times, and my gawd it's the most awful thing and I hoped that I wouldn't have to go through it again for quite sometime (well not until I had been sexually active, which since 2008 I haven't). But it'll be over with quickly I hope, and then I can put it behind me. Yea I'm presuming they are going to rule out the bog standard lark, which is understandable, and then go from there.

I will update tomorrow of what happens.
Reply 32
UPDATE: Had an examination, and Dr said all is fine. So it's possibly that periods are trying to start back, after coming off the pill.
ovulation pains?
Reply 34
Original post by *Dreaming*
ovulation pains?

Yea that is what I am thinking. But flamin 'eck, it's painful! :/
Yea that is what I am thinking. But flamin 'eck, it's painful! :/

Tell me about it, I had them too before I went on the pill, it was sometimes worse than period pain! :s-smilie:
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
Go for a cervical smear as soon as you can. It's probably nothing but will put your mind at rest. Ask if they will screen you for all STDs as well. I was in the first stage of cervical cancer when I was having pain in that area (it came and went, sometimes sharp, others dull), and I ignored it until my smear showed something was wrong. Naturally i'll never ignore signs like that ever again, and I strongly advise other girls likewise.

I feel I have to say this - whilst I certainly feel for you and know what's happened to you is awful, I dont think its right you bring this up all the time, because it does scare people. There are far more common causes for pain in the groin - it may be menstrual, it may be cysts, it may be muscular, it might even be skeletal. She says she's just come off the pill after 6 years, her cycle was more than likely just re-adjusting.

I even saw you bring this up in a recent thread in which someone was complaining of a jack-the-lad boyfriend and you told her that she'd have a higher risk of cervical cancer and that she should get checked? And then you brought up the HPV virus again. I wasnt expecting to see the word "cancer" in a thread about relationship problems.

I know you mean to helpful and you want to keep people aware, but in all honesty, your posts have even scared me a couple of times.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Tell me about it, I had them too before I went on the pill, it was sometimes worse than period pain! :s-smilie:

And do you find it's tender to touch? If you cough, it hurts reaaall bad?? . . :confused::confused: I've just come off the pill, because got fed up of taking it. But JEEZE it's painful. I can't even put a warm bean bag on it, as it upsets my stomach which is being investigated for something else :/. So Im just sat here, on the laptop, in one position, trying not to aggravate the groin pain and my stomach and chest!! :/
Original post by Antonia87
I feel I have to say this - whilst I certainly feel for you and know what's happened to you is awful, I dont think its right you bring this up all the time, because it does scare people. There are far more common causes for pain in the groin - it may be menstrual, it may be cysts, it may be muscular, it might even be skeletal. She says she's just come off the pill after 6 years, her cycle was more than likely just re-adjusting.

I even saw you bring this up in a recent thread in which someone was complaining of a jack-the-lad boyfriend and you told her that she'd have a higher risk of cervical cancer and that she should get checked? And then you brought up the HPV virus again. I wasnt expecting to see the word "cancer" in a thread about relationship problems.

I know you mean to helpful and you want to keep people aware, but in all honesty, your posts have even scared me a couple of times.

Apologies for going off topic for this but I feel I should explain myself and reply to your comment. I'm sorry if it's come across as me "always going on about this" (genuinely), but honestly, it's something I am extremely bitter about. If I could have anything I wanted, I would give anything to know the risks surrounding what happened to me before it did, and I am so very pissed off that nobody talks about it, nobody tells you. I suppose that telling other people things I wish I'd known is my own little way of doing some good, helping somehow - if it come across as scare mongering I truly am sorry.

I can't help but get annoyed at contant threads on here talking about how it's okay for men to sleep around and how "socially acceptable" it apparently is. My doctor explicitly said that I put myself at a higher risk by having a boyfriend who had put it around quite a lot, and my God I wish I had known all this before. I just didn't know what HPV was, let alone that there's no cure, they don't test for it and men spread it around like wildfire and aren't themselves at risk. It's all still pretty new and I've got a long way to go get before being "all clear", it's still very much in my consciousness and forgive me if I have brought it up and it's upset you. I'm not trying to upset anybody, perhaps my rationale surrounding it has long since gone out of the window and I may not word things very delicately.

I suppose another element in the equation is that I don't feel as though I can talk about it to anybody in "real" life. Here, nobody knows who I am and I can be as pissed off as I want. At the moment, women going on about pain and beeding in their bits is going to make me say "have a smear, check everything's ok", but that's just a knee-jerk thing for me at the moment.

I hope I haven't upset anyone else.
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
men spread it around like wildfire and aren't themselves at risk.

Men risk getting many head and neck cancers along with anogenital cancers. We don't really know as much about this as CC though. I know you mean well warning people about it.

p.s. I really do hope you'll be OK, good luck with everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest