The Student Room Group

Dead relationship..

Anyone ever been in one? Did you break up or make it work?

I'm asking because atm I feel like I'm not only flogging a dead horse, but also that its rotten, been chopped up into little pieces and thrown in the trash. At the same time I'm one of those ppl that don't like giving up on things if there is a tiny bit of hope (and there has been the occasionally little ray of light).

Any advice, much appreciated! Cheers
Reply 1
If it's not working now, it wont in the future. There is another 3.5 billion people out there for you. Find the one who you CLICK with :wink: and that will last.
:console: I'd never get into that situation in the first place. :nah:
Reply 3
Original post by unknownking321
:console: I'd never get into that situation in the first place. :nah:

Thanks, guess I'm just a little bitter that its come to this...the thing is he saying theres a lot of life left in this and I'm thinking where are you getting this from? *sigh*
Reply 4
is this about necrophilia
Reply 5

Original post by MSB

lol

if its dead its not a relationship OP
Reply 6
Original post by MSB

No.
Reply 7
I was in your situation, and dithered over it for a few months because it'd previously been SO good. I ended it though, and I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was mad. My ex seemed convinced there was nothing wrong with the relationship - but when you've got different standards on what constitutes a good relationship, I don't think it can work.

I've sometimes wondered if I made a mistake, but tbh I don't regret it one bit. And now I've met someone who makes me feel alive :smile:
Reply 8
I was in your situation, and dithered over it for a few months because it'd previously been SO good. I ended it though, and I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was mad. My ex seemed convinced there was nothing wrong with the relationship - but when you've got different standards on what constitutes a good relationship, I don't think it can work.

I've sometimes wondered if I made a mistake, but tbh I don't regret it one bit. And now I've met someone who makes me feel alive :smile:
I think they were going on the basis that there's roughly 7 billion people on the planet. Therefore if half were male and half female, this equals 3.5 billion prospective partners for the OP ( I don't think there's exactly a 50/50 split but I guess that was just a rough estimate).
Reply 10
... Im guessing you didn't realize i factored in the the population is now estimated close to 7billion. Assuming the person doesn't swing both ways that leaves 3.5 billion people of the opposite sex to attempt to "Click" with.
Reply 11
Just admit that you messed up by thinking they were saying the world population was 3.5bn and you didn't realise that they had halved it. Your backpeddling is cringeworthy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending