The Student Room Group

What's everyone's opinions on dreadlocks?

Had mine for 10 months now, and I love em! Just curious about other people's thoughts :smile:

And yeah, they do get washed and are totally clean and stuff.

Pic is a bit dark, but my parrot is asleep and didn't want to wake her :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend had dreads years ago, i much prefer his hair short though!
I have them, well baby ones since they don't look much like them yet. I like them, obviously. I forget others don't though.
Dredlocks :love:
That is hideous. I thought I saw my pet snake on your head. I was going to scream.
Personally, I hate them. I think they're urgh and disgusting. That's not to say the person is not nice, it's just I really do not like dreadlocks.

Give me a man with soft, messy, brunette hair any day. :love:
Terrible unless you're Jamaican.
I'm pretty indifferent to them really. It's just hair.
I really like them :h: As long as they're cared for well and aren't smelly.
Doesnt really look right unless you're black. It seems to work for you though :biggrin:
Reply 10
Mick Hucknall: the teenage serial killer years.
Works on almost all people, unless you're a white guy with a face that isn't intense enough.
i really like dreads, although only on certain people.
some girls can look lovely with dreadlocks.
Reply 13
I love them when someone can pull them off, but not a lot of people can imo.
Reply 14
On blonde girls with fair skin and light blue eyes they look awesome, everyone else . . . meh.
Bob Marley
Original post by Rogercbinboy
Works on almost all people, unless you're a white guy with a face that isn't intense enough.

Like Newton Faulkner?
Great voice, shame about the hair.
Original post by OceanInTheSky
Terrible unless you're Jamaican.

[terrible_puns]You're Jamaican me jealous that you beat me to it.[/terrible_puns]

Simply put, OP: if you're white...stick awaaaay. They tend to work for some people, but most of the time I see a white guy with dreads and think:

Me got dreads, they got sent from jah. Rastafari
From what I have heard about them they sound kind of unhygienic tbh. How often are they washed? That's the main factor in my deciding whether I like them on someone...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending