The Student Room Group

Guaranteed rejection from everywhere else?

Hi guys, I'm new to TSR but I really need some of your advice. I've applied to Queen Mary, Warwick, Royal Holloway, Bath and Cass Business School. Yesterday I tracked my application on UCAS and it said that my application to Queen Mary had been unsuccessful due to too low predicted grades. I'm not sure what my predicted grades are (I'm doing the IB) but for all the other universities they require more or less the same amount of points.

Am I basically guaranteed a rejection from all of them now? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jeya.101
Hi guys, I'm new to TSR but I really need some of your advice. I've applied to Queen Mary, Warwick, Royal Holloway, Bath and Cass Business School. Yesterday I tracked my application on UCAS and it said that my application to Queen Mary had been unsuccessful due to too low predicted grades. I'm not sure what my predicted grades are (I'm doing the IB) but for all the other universities they require more or less the same amount of points.

its never guaranteed, so just keep your hopes up, but if not then there's always clearing =]
Reply 2
Not necessarily, but you ought to check what predicted grades you have as maybe they have been sent wrong? I can't imagie your college would have allowed you to apply to unis that are all above your predicted grades so perhaps there was an error somewhere? Best check they've got the right predictions :smile:

in the unlikely event you do get 5 rejections make it easier for yourself by researching a couple you'd like to apply for through UCAS Extra so you'll know exactly what to do if that day does come (fingers crossed it won't!) Good luck :smile: x
Reply 3
You should have checked your predictions! Ask your tutor now...
Reply 4
Original post by Kenny_uk

its never guaranteed, so just keep your hopes up, but if not then there's always clearing =]

haha thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by ily_em

Original post by ily_em
You should have checked your predictions! Ask your tutor now...

yeah i asked my tutor for my predicted and he said that they are "highly confidential" so i really dont know..
Reply 6
Original post by Pheebs1201

Original post by Pheebs1201
Not necessarily, but you ought to check what predicted grades you have as maybe they have been sent wrong? I can't imagie your college would have allowed you to apply to unis that are all above your predicted grades so perhaps there was an error somewhere? Best check they've got the right predictions :smile:

in the unlikely event you do get 5 rejections make it easier for yourself by researching a couple you'd like to apply for through UCAS Extra so you'll know exactly what to do if that day does come (fingers crossed it won't!) Good luck :smile: x

thanks so much, you just made my day a little bit brighter :smile: well i'm quite sure no error has been made because i'm not the smartest student but when i spoke to my tutor and asked if i had a chance he said yes, so everything is so confusing now, and it made me so upset! x
Reply 7
yeah thats what i told him and i even got my parents to send them an email and he wouldnt tell them! so either they are horribly poor or he's just a douche
Reply 8
Original post by Urkel

Original post by Urkel
When did you send your application?

I think you can change your university choices within two weeks of receiving the UCAS Welcome letter. Then you could switch to a less risky choice, if you are worried about getting five rejections.

I sent it about a week ago
Reply 9
Original post by Urkel

Original post by Urkel
When did you send your application?

I think you can change your university choices within two weeks of receiving the UCAS Welcome letter. Then you could switch to a less risky choice, if you are worried about getting five rejections.

hmm i dont think i can :frown:
Reply 10
yeah i asked my tutor for my predicted and he said that they are "highly confidential" so i really dont know..

That's a load of bloody crap.
Predicted grades are in no way confidential and you have every right to request information about them.
Hell here in my college we sat down with our tutor, discussed the grade we would like, and then he put forward his own recommendation and we'd reach an agreement on it.

No, not guaranteed at all.
Reply 12

That's a load of bloody crap.
Predicted grades are in no way confidential and you have every right to request information about them.
Hell here in my college we sat down with our tutor, discussed the grade we would like, and then he put forward his own recommendation and we'd reach an agreement on it.

damn i wish it was like that here. cuz now my whole education is being jeopardized!
Reply 13
Original post by ritchie888

Original post by ritchie888
No, not guaranteed at all.

i hope not!
Reply 14
yeah i asked my tutor for my predicted and he said that they are "highly confidential" so i really don't know..

What a load of Bull****, schools are all under the data protection act, if you want to know anything about yourself, with the information they whole your untitled to hear. your school can get in to trouble by withholding information from you!

Pay the 10 pounds to UCAS and see what your predict grades are and also see what hes put as references, he snds like a *****

How could you pick unis if u don't know what your predict? Maybe you have idea of your grades, teachers don't like predicting high, so he probable predict you lower grades
(edited 13 years ago)
thanks so much, you just made my day a little bit brighter :smile: well i'm quite sure no error has been made because i'm not the smartest student but when i spoke to my tutor and asked if i had a chance he said yes, so everything is so confusing now, and it made me so upset! x

Aw no worries, just make sure you have thoroughly researched UCAS Extra and know which other unis youd be interested in and what to do. This sounds far less messy than clearing and alot simpler. Good luck :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by MylesXD
What a load of BullSh*t, schools are all under the data protection act, if you want to know anything about yourself, with the information they whole your untitled to hear. your school can get in to trouble by withholding information from you!

Pay the 10 pounds to UCAS and see what your predict grades are and also see what hes put as references, he snds like a *****

How could you pick unis if u don't know what your predict? Maybe you have idea of your grades, teachers don't like predicting high, so he probable predict you lower grades

They have a right not to allow you to view your reference, however you are correct about the predicted grade. you have every right to view it.
predicted grades are highly confidential? I have to agree with the other guy, thats rubbish, everyone should know their predicted grades
Reply 18
I advice you to get your parents in to see him, and give him a right B*llocking. Teachers are like that, when you get face to face with an arsey one. He will soon give in. Its not "highly confidential" you need to know this information,

tell him to stop d*cking about and get your parents riled up before you go in or something!
Did you meet the GCSE grade requirements? My friend exceeded the grades that were needed for her predictions but didn't have a C in Science and she got rejected because of it (despite it being a low ranked uni and a course where science really isn't needed.) It's strange they wont give you your grades :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending