The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

****. 5 hours to go, what the hell am I doing on TSR.
Reply 4761
thanks for the suggestions duderinos also grabbed the diving bell and the butterfly offa't iplayer
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
****. 5 hours to go, what the hell am I doing on TSR.

Until? Final exam? :holmes: Good luck. :crossedf:
Lost. I've just started too.

And let's pretend that Phalanges is here so we can ask him.

There we go. 2 guys saying Lost. :holmes:

Hmmm :beard: I may wait until the xmas sales and get the complete boxset.
Reply 4764

No Knightly but we get Cruz instead. This is a good deal.
Of little film relevance: exams are over. Yeah boi. :jive:

:h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h:

:bubbles:

The time for a film orgy fest has come.
Original post by Kolya
What do FilmFanaticSoc folks make of Crash? I had an ambivalent reaction to it.

Great film. Its worth giving it a watch just for the ending. It was a bit boring at first, but nevertheless I enjoyed it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Don't know what is worse; Jumper or Push. :facepalm2:

Original post by unknownking321
Hmmm :beard: I may wait until the xmas sales and get the complete boxset.

What are you opting for? Bluray or DVD? :holmes:
Is it true (in essence) that we, the British, can only really handle a few minutes of action before we get bored whereas Americans revel in hours of non-stop action?
Don't know what is worse; Jumper or Push. :facepalm2:

What are you opting for? Bluray or DVD? :holmes:

Probably Bluray. :h:

Is it true (in essence) that we, the British, can only really handle a few minutes of action before we get bored whereas Americans revel in hours of non-stop action?

For audiences, no; just look at box office takings. The Expendables did very well here, and only advertised itself as all-out action. Not to mention how many flagship British franchises have large action sequences (Bond sticks out in my mind particularly).

In terms of making films, british productions rarely have the budgets of Hollywood, so find it difficult to have expensive action sequences as long, which might be where this idea comes from. But I've never heard this argument before, where did you get it from?
Original post by Phalanges
For audiences, no; just look at box office takings. The Expendables did very well here, and only advertised itself as all-out action. Not to mention how many flagship British franchises have large action sequences (Bond sticks out in my mind particularly).

In terms of making films, british productions rarely have the budgets of Hollywood, so find it difficult to have expensive action sequences as long, which might be where this idea comes from. But I've never heard this argument before, where did you get it from?

Hm, interesting. It did intrigue me a lot at the time and I've been thinking about it recently.

I cannot say for sure. It was a few weeks go from either the IGN film podcast or from Kermode on his podcast. It was said by a British person (and considering the former podcasters are American), I'm leaning towards Kermode.

But you listen to Kermode quite regularly (?) but haven't heard of it so I ... can't say for sure where this comes from. They were discussing a film which had too little or too much action - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 possibly.
We are the 13th biggest society on TSR and climbing. Not bad.
We are the 13th biggest society on TSR and climbing. Not bad.

In terms of members or posts or what? :holmes: We shall be #1. :fuhrer:
Original post by unknownking321
In terms of members or posts or what? :holmes: We shall be #1. :fuhrer:

Members. :holmes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?onlyresults=1&filter[type]=socialgroup&sortby=memberCount+desc

We can try considering we jumped a 100 members in 2 nights a few weeks ago (but my loyalties are divided by another group :ninja:). Getting beat by the Economics and I love my curves societies ffs. :facepalm2:

Our postcount is certainly moving very fast considering it being a new society and all.
To whoever associated the Manchester United thread with our society - :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
To whoever associated the Manchester United thread with our society - :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

The menace is back :holmes:
Original post by cambo211
The menace is back :holmes:

We must catch him and castrate him. :holmes:
Signature edited. :h:
:coma:

I should do mine too. Also should make use of the 'invite' feature. Can force invite people to join.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending