The Student Room Group

Nottingham Uni

Im predicted ABC for a level and nottingham uni ask for BBB. I cant see that they use ucas points for entry so should i still apply for this course? ABC=BBB?
Someone on here claims they got an offer of BBC. My friend got an offer for BBB, with ABC predicted grades, but the personal statement and reference probably helped.
Reply 2
but the requirements are BBB not ABC thats why im a bit confused
Original post by taliman
Im predicted ABC for a level and nottingham uni ask for BBB. I cant see that they use ucas points for entry so should i still apply for this course? ABC=BBB?

which course?
my course at nottingham said they'd take ABC or BBB :smile:
Reply 4
computer science
Reply 5
I got an offer of BBC from Nottingham. Although you might want to be cautious. I think that they’re only giving the BBC offers to those of us who are studying F.Maths. You’ll get a BBB or even an ABB offer from them if you’re not studying F.Maths.

Go for it, even if you’re predicted those grades, theres absolutely no reason why you wouldn’t receive an offer. I’ve applied to Warwick (AAA) even though I’ve been predicted AAB. I’m guessing that Nottingham will be one of your higher choices? You don’t want to be thinking “what if I applied..”
Reply 6
Original post by taliman
computer science

You could get BCC and they'd still probably take you. Seriously, that have a severe lack of applicants and are pretty desperate in trying to fill places. You'll be absolutely fine.
Reply 7
thanks for the replies, i decided to apply for nottingham as many of you pointed out they are under subscribed so it should help my chances even more
Reply 8
Original post by taliman
thanks for the replies, i decided to apply for nottingham as many of you pointed out they are under subscribed so it should help my chances even more

so far everyone who has applied for has had offer, :s-smilie: even people who haven't applied for computer science got offer

good luck :smile:
Original post by Coda
I got an offer of BBC from Nottingham. Although you might want to be cautious. I think that they’re only giving the BBC offers to those of us who are studying F.Maths. You’ll get a BBB or even an ABB offer from them if you’re not studying F.Maths.

Go for it, even if you’re predicted those grades, theres absolutely no reason why you wouldn’t receive an offer. I’ve applied to Warwick (AAA) even though I’ve been predicted AAB. I’m guessing that Nottingham will be one of your higher choices? You don’t want to be thinking “what if I applied..”

I applied to Nottingham and was offered BBC - And i have NO maths, and i dont think my personal statement was particularly goodd :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by antipesto93

I applied to Nottingham and was offered BBC - And i have NO maths, and i dont think my personal statement was particularly goodd :redface:

The BBC offers must be completely random then :P
Reply 11

your sig says your doing AS maths:confused:
Original post by MylesXD
your sig says your doing AS maths:confused:

yeah but i got a D ( even though i was getting A's etc i got really nervous on the exam day)

on my ucas all i wrote was' Maths AS >> Pending'
as i am resitting

i know quite a few others who got bbc

Quick Reply