The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Supernovae
I love how each subject has its own smiley! The maths smiley has to be the best - pure enthusiasm.

If you hover over it, it says 'nutcase' :wink:

I prefer the Chem Eng one- two of my mates are applying for it and they actually do look like that whenever they start talking about it :shifty:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by roblee

I prefer the Chem Eng one- two of my mates are applying for it and they actually do look like that whenever they start talking about it :shifty:

Yes I know it is supposed to be a nutcase - But I always interpret it as 'wildly excited' for some reason.
The physics smiley is cute as well :^_^:
Luuuurve the comp sci smiley but the mech eng smiley is a disgrace to mankind. I DON'T LIKE PAEDO SHARKS!!!! :tongue: lol jk, I've never seen a sexier smiley in my life. Lol jk, no, it looks evil actually.

Also I'm liking the female representation on this thread! Big :hugs: to all girlies on this thread :biggrin:

roblee
asdf

Add Ak_Vadde to the comp sci list please :smile: And I know of two other non TSRians who have offers for comp sci and both are possible firmers actually. Also hajolli applied for chemistry not chem eng, just saying :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by roblee
Cheers for making the thread, here is the list of people I know to have offers:

yay im on the list :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by nikita_atikin
Add Ak_Vadde to the comp sci list please :smile: And I know of two other non TSRians who have offers for comp sci and both are possible firmers actually. Also hajolli applied for chemistry not chem eng, just saying :smile:

You know other Gimpy applicants in real life? I'm the only one in my college who applied :frown:

Original post by meatzaper
yay im on the list :biggrin:

The offer-radar picked you up some time ago :ninja:
Original post by roblee
You know other Gimpy applicants in real life? I'm the only one in my college who applied :frown:

Gimpy :lolwut: Well one of them I met at the Imperial, UCL and Southampton open day. The other one used to be in my school until year 11. I know another guy who applied and got an interview but hasn't heard back yet from this 4 day course I went on in the summer. All 3 for comp sci actually.
Tbh my sixth form is the same, it's me and this other guy applying for physics who have applied to Imperial but he might get into Oxford so :s-smilie:
Reply 66
Is any one applying to imperial for biochemistry or biotechnology?
If yes, have you got a reply from them yet?

Reply 67
I've got an offer for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, A*AAA... dreading that A in Chemistry...
Reply 68
MEng in Biomed Engineering - they want 3 As (Maths, Phys and Chem.) Though I'm predicted higher than that, I'm still pretty nervous...

So psyched that they said yes, though; because I got the Head of Department as one of my interviewers (no pressure there? :P) Have interview with Oxford dons on Tuesday - and like some others here, I think I may have fallen prey to the secret desire for a rejection... xD Because yes, deciding would be TOUGH. ><
Reply 69
Original post by roblee

us maths applicants aren't nutcases!

.....weeeell, maybe a little i guess :tongue:
Reply 70
Original post by arianex
MEng in Biomed Engineering - they want 3 As (Maths, Phys and Chem.) Though I'm predicted higher than that, I'm still pretty nervous...

So psyched that they said yes, though; because I got the Head of Department as one of my interviewers (no pressure there? :P) Have interview with Oxford dons on Tuesday - and like some others here, I think I may have fallen prey to the secret desire for a rejection... xD Because yes, deciding would be TOUGH. ><

yeah, i know what you mean about secretly maybe wishing for a rejection, however after my Cambridge interview last week im thinking i may not have to wish too hard, which has let me get all excited over my Imperial offer again! :biggrin:
Reply 71
Original post by r_u_t_h
us maths applicants aren't nutcases!

.....weeeell, maybe a little i guess :tongue:

Be thankful you're not doing JMC- those guys are nutcases and have crazy glowing eyes :nuts: (I sit here bashing mathematicians whilst I do maths work :tongue:) Mathematicians and Compscis obvs are the nuttiest ones though, that's why we have a separate building that keeps us isolated from the rest :colondollar:
Reply 72
Original post by roblee
Be thankful you're not doing JMC- those guys are nutcases and have crazy glowing eyes :nuts: (I sit here bashing mathematicians whilst I do maths work :tongue:) Mathematicians and Compscis obvs are the nuttiest ones though, that's why we have a separate building that keeps us isolated from the rest :colondollar:

glowing eyes... crazy stuff! hahaha! im finishing off some maths atm too, gotta love a bit of vertical circular motion! :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by roblee

Are you insinuating something? :K:
Reply 74
Original post by roblee

Hmmm, looks like the JMC department is full of goa'uld....

:woo:

I thought the separate building was for the purpose of zombie fortifications?
Way cooler than any sensible option...
This is the sexiest thread ever. Ever.
Reply 76
Original post by chrypton
Are you insinuating something? :K:

:yes: Offers list doesn't lie.

BTW, congrats on your Edinburgh offer- when did you get that?

Original post by nikita_atikin
This is the sexiest thread ever. Ever.

Someone's feeling chirpy today...
Original post by roblee

Someone's feeling chirpy today...

Someone failed her C3 & Physics mock today and is wanting some Imperialistic intervention. :teehee:
Reply 78
Original post by roblee

Thanks. I got my first offer from Edinburgh, I think I got it the 25th of October.
Reply 79
Original post by chrypton
Thanks. I got my first offer from Edinburgh, I think I got it the 25th of October.

Well sh*t, you just burst my little bubble of self-confidence. I didn't know they'd even started considering applicants yet, and you go and get one within a month of applying :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending