The Student Room Group

cheating

So I just wanted a few people's opinions on something that's been going on around me recently.

There's four people involved: My other half, Friend 1 - who was one of his closest friends, Friend 2 - another friend, who used to be friends with Friend 1 before they had a big fall out, and Girl 1 who is Friend 2's fiancee.

Basically my other half found out that Friend 1 and Girl 1 were sleeping together behind Friend 2's back. He decided to tell Friend 2, and I encouraged him, because honestly I was stunned and really upset with Friend 1, who's also a close friend of mine. They split up, as you'd expect, and it came out that it'd been going on for a while, and when Friend 2 and Girl 1 had gone a break for a bit, this girl and other guy had basically been in a relationship until she went back to 2!

Friend 1 was pretty annoyed at my boyfriend for telling 2, and even said that my boyfriend had ruined their relationship, and his and Girl 1's friendship.

So I'm just wondering what you think of that? I think that what happened between Friend 1 and the girl was totally out of order, and that whether your not friends with someone anymore or not, you shouldn't do something like that to someone that you used to be really close to. It was him and her that caused it :s-smilie:

Just looking for some input!

(Sorry if the whole Friend 1/Friend 2 thing is a bit confusing - didn't know what else to call them lol!)
Reply 1
I agree with your boyfriend definitely. If I was being cheated on, then I would want to know about it, If I knew someone was being cheated on, then I would tell them about it.

Off-topic - But how was Financial Accounting with the Open University? :smile: I'm considering doing it.
Reply 2
Original post by anti-duck
I agree with your boyfriend definitely If I was being cheated on, then I would want to know about it, If I knew someone was being cheated on, then I would tell them about it.

Off-topic - But how was Financial Accounting with the Open University? :smile: I'm considering doing it.

Only one month into it but so far it's going well! There have been a few hitches with course materials as it's the first presentation, but apparently it's been much better so far than other newly introduced courses!
friend 1&girl1 should jump off a cliff.
course your bf did the right thing..friend 1's just trying to make him feel bad about it cos what he was doing was wrong
Reply 4
Original post by xlouisedoll
Only one month into it but so far it's going well! There have been a few hitches with course materials as it's the first presentation, but apparently it's been much better so far than other newly introduced courses!

Did you start the course with any experience in accounting or a previous accounting course?
Reply 5
Original post by anti-duck
Did you start the course with any experience in accounting or a previous accounting course?

Yea I spent 1.5 years at a brick uni doing Accounting & Finance, and most of the other people on the course seem to have done "B190" which I think is something like Intro to Bookkeeping.
Reply 6
Yea I spent 1.5 years at a brick uni doing Accounting & Finance, and most of the other people on the course seem to have done "B190" which I think is something like Intro to Bookkeeping.

Yeah, I recently finished B190. Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
So I just wanted a few people's opinions on something that's been going on around me recently.

There's four people involved: My other half, Friend 1 - who was one of his closest friends, Friend 2 - another friend, who used to be friends with Friend 1 before they had a big fall out, and Girl 1 who is Friend 2's fiancee.

Basically my other half found out that Friend 1 and Girl 1 were sleeping together behind Friend 2's back. He decided to tell Friend 2, and I encouraged him, because honestly I was stunned and really upset with Friend 1, who's also a close friend of mine. They split up, as you'd expect, and it came out that it'd been going on for a while, and when Friend 2 and Girl 1 had gone a break for a bit, this girl and other guy had basically been in a relationship until she went back to 2!

Friend 1 was pretty annoyed at my boyfriend for telling 2, and even said that my boyfriend had ruined their relationship, and his and Girl 1's friendship.

So I'm just wondering what you think of that? I think that what happened between Friend 1 and the girl was totally out of order, and that whether your not friends with someone anymore or not, you shouldn't do something like that to someone that you used to be really close to. It was him and her that caused it :s-smilie:

Just looking for some input!

(Sorry if the whole Friend 1/Friend 2 thing is a bit confusing - didn't know what else to call them lol!)

i know you meant well and all but you miss one simple point:
you will never get a thank you for interfering in sum1's relationship. eventually he would have caught her. friend 2 is in mourning in effect about the loss of his relationship and is looking for somong to blame. the obveous target is the do gooder that informed him of the wrongs being done.
Reply 8
Original post by Alvrae
i know you meant well and all but you miss one simple point:
you will never get a thank you for interfering in sum1's relationship. eventually he would have caught her. friend 2 is in mourning in effect about the loss of his relationship and is looking for somong to blame. the obveous target is the do gooder that informed him of the wrongs being done.

You miss the point in that you didn't read my post properly....it's Friend 1 that's peed, the one that was cheating. :smile:
Reply 9
You miss the point in that you didn't read my post properly....it's Friend 1 that's peed, the one that was cheating. :smile:

o, in which case, he probably feels slightly betrayed by you.
Reply 10
You play with fire, you get burned.

Friend 1 - is a whiny little bitch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending