The Student Room Group

Queries on Reapplying for Uni. Please give advice!

Hi there. I have withdrew from Imperial College Biochemistry and am applying for Maths and Economics this year. I have written my personal statement and will be sending my application off soon. However I am worried that universities will view my application very negatively because I once dropped out:frown:. Am I right to think this way? Will appreciate any views. Thanks
Original post by elaineee
Hi there. I have withdrew from Imperial College Biochemistry and am applying for Maths and Economics this year. I have written my personal statement and will be sending my application off soon. However I am worried that universities will view my application very negatively because I once dropped out:frown:. Am I right to think this way? Will appreciate any views. Thanks

They're unlikely to, considering that you've made such a dramatic change - I would think they'll just assume you discovered you enjoy something very different. As long as you've discussed your enthusiasm for maths and economics convincingly in your PS, I wouldn't worry if I were you. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
They're unlikely to, considering that you've made such a dramatic change - I would think they'll just assume you discovered you enjoy something very different. As long as you've discussed your enthusiasm for maths and economics convincingly in your PS, I wouldn't worry if I were you. :smile:

Thanks! however do you think i'll have less chance of getting into competitive unis like lse, ucl and warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending