The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Best value Landlords in Southampton?

I'm looking to move out next year, and I am thinking about getting a flat and living on my own. Unfortunately 1 bedroom properties are a little scarce on the market, anyone know of any reasonable deals/ landlords? preferabley in the portswood area close to uni
Reply 1
1 bedroom places aren't scarce, look in normal estate agents, not just the student ones.

There are loads of nice places around the £495 per month mark. My place costs £550 per month but it's huge.

How much can you afford a month?

Look on rightmove and websites like that. There's the estate agents opposite waitrose, lots in bedford place as well.

Those kind of places tend to come up about 2/3 weeks before you move in though, but you will find somewhere.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by montyr
1 bedroom places aren't scarce, look in normal estate agents, not just the student ones.

There are loads of nice places around the £495 per month mark. My place costs £550 per month but it's huge.

How much can you afford a month?

Look on rightmove and websites like that. There's the estate agents opposite waitrose, lots in bedford place as well.

Those kind of places tend to come up about 2/3 weeks before you move in though, but you will find somewhere.

i don't want to sound spoiled, but my accomodation is paid for by the wealthy grandmother haha, so i guess i could stretch to £550. i didn't realise there were that many places, and i dont wanna live near bedford place in my 3 rd year, looking for somewhere close to campus
Original post by xc1991

Original post by xc1991
I'm looking to move out next year, and I am thinking about getting a flat and living on my own. Unfortunately 1 bedroom properties are a little scarce on the market, anyone know of any reasonable deals/ landlords? preferabley in the portswood area close to uni

theres one at the bottom of my road. It's a bit smashed up, theres no walls or roofs or anything but no ones living in it at the moment, i think i heard someone saying its going for only £20 a week so if i were you i say, get in derrrrrrrrrr.
Reply 4
Original post by xc1991
i don't want to sound spoiled, but my accomodation is paid for by the wealthy grandmother haha, so i guess i could stretch to £550. i didn't realise there were that many places, and i dont wanna live near bedford place in my 3 rd year, looking for somewhere close to campus

There are about 10 estate agents, if not more, in bedford place, do you really think they only cater for properties near bedford place? You can get places all over southampton from there, in fact most of the student letting agents are also there...

I looked round places all over portswood through estate agents in bedford place...

The place opposite waitrose is C2 lettings.

If you want choice then you have to use some initiative and shop around...

Have you even checked rightmove?
Reply 5
Speaking from personal experience I'd avoid StudentNoFee. But do have a look around the estate agents around Bedford Place. Oh and look through their websites for ideas first.
Reply 6
Original post by dhr90
Speaking from personal experience I'd avoid StudentNoFee.

This ^
Reply 7
rightmove looks good man, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

whats up with studentnofee then?
Reply 8
Original post by montyr
The place opposite waitrose is C2 lettings.

I thought C2 Lettings closed down last year?
Reply 9
yeah C2 went bust and loads of people lost deposits
Reply 10
Ahh really! Didn't even realise! Glad I didn't go with them...
London Road has loads of estate agents, when I first moved in on my own I spent a while walking down the road going into each one. They usually have booklets with available properties and can also put you on a contact list for when anything suitable comes up.
Rightmove/Prime Location and Find a Property are also good, one bedroomed places go quickly so you need to contact the agent as soon as somewhere comes up.
You should also check out the Daily Echo, but I don't know how reliable the people who advertise in there are.
Reply 12
DONT WORR EVERYONE I'VE FOUND A ROOM IN A HOUSE

£58 A WEEK :d
Original post by xc1991
DONT WORR EVERYONE I'VE FOUND A ROOM IN A HOUSE

£58 A WEEK :d

Close to the campus? More info about it please (if you dont mind)? :colondollar:
The Lidl Landlord Agency
We never had any problems with StudentNoFee. :dontknow:

As long as you look after your house properly you shouldn't have problems with any landlords - we're with TenantDirect this year.
Original post by marcusmerehay
We never had any problems with StudentNoFee. :dontknow:

As long as you look after your house properly you shouldn't have problems with any landlords - we're with TenantDirect this year.

Dya mean the current year?

If yes....how are they? We had a look round some houses with them yesterday and one's pretty good but slightly sceptical of the whole big company thing....
Original post by lozz2601
Dya mean the current year?

If yes....how are they? We had a look round some houses with them yesterday and one's pretty good but slightly sceptical of the whole big company thing....

Yeah, the current year.

The house we're in (27 Uni Road) isn't in great condition, but when you ask them to do something it will be done within 3 days - we had to have our oven, freezer, sink and drain replaced as we were moving in because the last people were total slobs.
Reply 18
Original post by Ms_Flames
Close to the campus? More info about it please (if you dont mind)? :colondollar:

It's on Kitchener Road, 5 minute walk from the Library :biggrin:

Mines the smallest room in the house so i'm paying £58 a week, the other guys are paying £65

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending