The Student Room Group

Help with foundation year.

basically i am going to be doing a 1 year foundation year in physics at leeds, and i was just wondering, does anyone know whether i can change universities after i have completed the foundation year?
is it a qualification on it's own which can help me get into another (possibly better) uni in which to do physics?

Edit: it's a 4 year course including the foundation year
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes you can.
Reply 2
you could consider it like doing intensive alevel. while doing the foundation apply to other unis through ucas.
Reply 3
Original post by monkeyDace
you could consider it like doing intensive alevel. while doing the foundation apply to other unis through ucas.

so would other universities consider it like an extra qualification when i apply? and would leeds mind if i was to leave?
Reply 4
Original post by air-ninety-one
so would other universities consider it like an extra qualification when i apply? and would leeds mind if i was to leave?

Leeds would mind, but wouldn't object it and you won't give hard time for applying to other unis.

would they consider it as extra qualification? yeah, if you have other qualification that meet the entry level of the degree you are applying. Chances are high that they would consider it as you main qualification to which you are using to apply (if you don't have a-level or equivalent).

I heard King's ask foundation student to get about 70% while ucl 75%.
Reply 5
Original post by monkeyDace
Leeds would mind, but wouldn't object it and you won't give hard time for applying to other unis.

would they consider it as extra qualification? yeah, if you have other qualification that meet the entry level of the degree you are applying. Chances are high that they would consider it as you main qualification to which you are using to apply (if you don't have a-level or equivalent).

I heard King's ask foundation student to get about 70% while ucl 75%.

thanks for that. i'm just afraid if leeds say that i wont be allowed to change uni's. have you had experiences with a FdG?
Reply 6
Yh I know a guy and through him I met others in your situation. Not all wanted to change uni, but only three. one girl changed her mind and decided to stay cause they made a lot of good fiends. The guy I originally knew went to King's college.

instead of putting your subject (like a-level math, chem whateva), you just add the title of the modules.

He waited till January to get his grade for 1st semester (he had all 70%+) and then used that to show his lecturers. They used that info for his prediction grade.

The only thing is that you need a nice lecturer that can give you nice referee (or you could use your old school teacher reference).

If you use the uni lecturer as ref, you will have to appy as through ucas as independent applicant.

hope this helps:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending