The Student Room Group

How many people here have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

I've never ahd a boyfriend..

I have confidence though can be shy sometimes, and I think it mainly is because I am never really in the right places or with the specific kinds of people looking for that...

As stated by someone else here I don't mind being single until 25 or somethin, life is still good :smile:
I've never had a boyfriend, probably due to my lack of self confidence and self esteem. I am also ridiculously shy. :h: It used to bother me but now, meh.
Me! but at 17 I don't know if I should be worrying so much..

To be honest I think i'm just not myself/lack confidence when i'm around guys I 'like' :rolleyes: the only time I get asked out is when i'm on holiday.

Spoiler

Because I'm the guy in the bottom left
Reply 24
I've had one but that was like when i was 12 and lasted nearly a month......

and does a gf count when u havent seen her in real life but you've seen her on fb..... nvm, i guess not anyways

i think i want ome but not right now but even if i decide to have 1, im not sure im mentally ready for it... a lil bit scared coz it's been a while.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by loonyplatypus
Haha, well firstly I know how to make myself look good in pictures, so I don't look quite that good in real life, and second I've always been known as the weird nerdy girl, I only just started uni so now I'm getting a bit more confident :smile:

No one is that good with Photoshop. :tongue: Weird and nerdy, those are my nicknames as well.

Also, judging by a couple of your tweets and posts, I have to compliment on your demeanour as well. I wish you all the best, My Lady. I like people of your kind. :smile:
Original post by Escriba
Me. I'm waiting for my fiance to come riding along on his white horse with a large broom so that he can sweep me off of my feet. However if I could and actually wanted to get a boyfriend, I dare say I could have just about anyone. :tongue:

Coz that's how I roll.

Sounds like Gandalf...i have his number if you want it?
Original post by Life_peer
No one is that good with Photoshop. :tongue: Weird and nerdy, those are my nicknames as well.

Also, judging by a couple of your tweets and posts, I have to compliment on your demeanour as well. I wish you all the best, My Lady. I like people of your kind. :smile:

Haha, this is the only one that's been edited: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/album.php?albumid=773&pictureid=3364

The others are unedited, but the lighting and poses make me look better than I really do :p:

Thanks, that's very sweet of you :h:
Original post by Escriba
Me. I'm waiting for my fiance to come riding along on his white horse with a large broom so that he can sweep me off of my feet. However if I could and actually wanted to get a boyfriend, I dare say I could have just about anyone. :tongue:

Coz that's how I roll.

Will a Honda Accord with a nice sound system work instead of the horse :wink: ?
Me :smile:

I've had a few offers but overall I don't get much male attention and I haven't found anyone I really liked. I don't see it as a problem :smile:

This.

I'm really close to my guy friends but they're nothing more than friends. And most of the guys I know don't like girls who are quite smart or who can think for themselves.

It doesn't really bother me though. I wouldn't be with someone for the sake of it :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Haha, this is the only one that's been edited: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/album.php?albumid=773&pictureid=3364

The others are unedited, but the lighting and poses make me look better than I really do :p:

Thanks, that's very sweet of you :h:

Darn after looking at that pic i should have applied to York as well , seems like that's where the girls are :P
Original post by x_muneeb_x
Darn after looking at that pic i should have applied to York as well , seems like that's where the girls are :P

Haha, thanks :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by bj_945
See! She's so picky, that's why she's single :P

maybe it's because your names bj?
Reply 33
Original post by bj_945
Haven't had a gf. Well I had a "gf" when I was like 14. It doesn't count though lol, saw her like twice.

I dunno, I think it's a mixture of things. Haven't met anyone I really clicked with. Never met many girls at school one way or another (I was at a single-sex school). I know girls now, but none I want to go out with. It's definitely not because of my love of being single, but I'm not looking really hard for anything.

Exactly the same, only the other way round with me :biggrin: (I haven't had a boyfriend), mainly because I haven't met anyone who I click with and trust, although I have had a few offers.

...and as someone else said, I had a "bf" when I was 11/12 but just for a week and I was just too shy to act like a gf :biggrin: I guess the time wasn't right :smile:
Reply 34
I've never been in a relationship. I guess it's come down to being in the right place but at the wrong time for them.

Besides, with uni coming up next year I don't really see the point of getting in a relationship :dontknow:
Haha, I doubt that very much :p:

Bitch I'ma playing classical guitar, drinking £25 wine, learning Arabic and Latin, reading Lucian, listening to Mahler and having a ****, ALL RIGHT NOW. I have Star Wars, everywhere.

Goddamnit I win.

Did you ever notice that Horner's score for Star Trek III totally sucks the dick of Mahler's 2nd, DID YOU!?!?1222
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by concubine
Bitch I'ma playing classical guitar, drinking £25 wine, learning Arabic and Latin, reading Lucian, listening to Mahler and having a ****, ALL RIGHT NOW. I have Star Wars, everywhere.

Goddamnit I win.

I don't drink at all, am listening to the soundtrack from the fireworks show at Disneyworld Florida, have an unhealthy obsession with afore-mentioned place, write Sims 2 stories, wrote a novel, do knitting, and have only met 45% of my Facebook friends in real life.

Star Wars is mainstream nerdiness. My nerdy obsessions are actually nerdy. :p:
Original post by akash11
To ugly, have no social life and girls inthe 21st century have a very high snce of entitlement

That's what I was going to say! you stole my answer:tongue:
Reply 38
Never had a boyfriend because of a religious reason and even if I were allowed I wouldn't
I don't drink at all, am listening to the soundtrack from the fireworks show at Disneyworld Florida, have an unhealthy obsession with afore-mentioned place, write Sims 2 stories, wrote a novel, do knitting, and have only met 45% of my Facebook friends in real life.

Star Wars is mainstream nerdiness. My nerdy obsessions are actually nerdy. :p:

I really can't be bothered any more, but I'd definitely win. I think I like you though. You like me. It's all good, girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending