The Student Room Group

Former Allen & Overy solicitor is claiming £3.5 million over her dismissal. Poll

Poll

Was A&O right to dismiss this woman?

Reply 1
I voted to say she is unprofessional, but to be fair to her, this is how the game is stacked up for female lawyers in our legal culture. It's part of an image and a way of life they are expected to conform to, to be acceptable to the low-lifes (male and female) who dominate the legal profession. She was just more successful at this sordid game than many others, having been an Allen & Overy lawyer, and made the mistake of writing a book about it. In the legal profession you're expected to keep your drink, drugs and sex to yourself and pay homage to a ridiculous obsolete facade that lawyers don't do such things. However as anyone who is on a training contract at a top firm will know, the world spins in that direction and the idea of the 'reputation' of the 'legal profession' has been absurd for decades.
Reply 2
sounds to me like shes just bragging about being a slag, i dont like people who do that.
Reply 3
I don't think she should really be sacked for it. Not like she posted it on the company website or something
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12
I don't think she should really be sacked for it. Not like she posted it on the company website or something

she mentioned colleagues and clients by name - breaking all sorts of legal and moral codes relating to privacy and confidentiality.

I don't know how she's planning to claim £3.5 million for unfair dismissal anyway - considering the claim limit in the UK is just over 77k
Miss Clark said she wanted to set up home in the UK - and this is where she flies to have her facials.

:sexface:
Reply 6
Original post by The_Goose
she mentioned colleagues and clients by name - breaking all sorts of legal and moral codes relating to privacy and confidentiality.

I don't know how she's planning to claim £3.5 million for unfair dismissal anyway - considering the claim limit in the UK is just over 77k

This.
Reply 7
What a joke, a man wouldn't have gotten all these warnings. Even if she was just writing about herself and bringing herself into disrepute she deserved to lose her job. But the fact she mentioned clients and other members at the firm makes this much worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending