The Student Room Group

I'm really confused/angry/grr

I phoned up the university I really want to go to in March, and talked to them about whether or not I'd be able to get in with the grades/experience I have, and what I could do between then and September to increase my chances of being accepted.

I was told by admissions that I had more than enough grades/experience and I didn't need to do anything.

So I just got told I was unsuccessful - reasons were that I do not have the required grades and will not! I DO have the required grades.

What the hell. Is this just the reason that is given to all unsuccessful applicants, or were they just lying through their teeth when they said I had enough grades?

I'm really upset, I really had my hopes pinned on that uni :frown:
Give them a ring?
Reply 2
Give them a ring perhaps your UCAS aplication wasn't clear.
Reply 3
Perhaps the grades went up, how was the admission tutor to know they would with over 5 months in between?, you should of kept on top this! However, what you can do is send email explaining to the uni that you will either re take or do a new A level, you must do some persuading if this is the only course you want go to, or try to see if they would accpet you for a different course combined honors
Reply 4
The grades haven't gone up though :frown:
I'll email them tomorrow, or will it be best to ring?
Original post by chemical_bex

Maybe not officially, but a lot of unis this year are considering higher grades.

Really, you should have made a recent check that it was still all right, and this is why you shouldn't pin hopes anyway. But, what's done is done.

Phoning is probably best - they have to talk to you.
Reply 6

What uni is this? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MylesXD
What uni is this? :smile:

Stirling
Reply 8
Check that you filled in your UCAS form correctly. If not, update them. Then ask them to be more specific about your rejection, telling them about this conversation (hopefully you have details, such as who with!). If you really want to go there you could suggest taking additional qualifications - some college courses will start in January and whilst you may not get an AS or A Level at this stage you might get an equivalent or something else impressive.
Reply 9
It's probably a good thing, apparently stirling have the highest uni suicide rate.
Stirling

Is it psychology by any chance? That was my bloody insurance... then it went up!
Original post by mehhh.....hi.
Is it psychology by any chance? That was my bloody insurance... then it went up!

No, fraid not

Anyway, I have been talking to them and they have agreed to reconsider if I provide additional references.

So happy :biggrin:
Reply 12
No, fraid not

Anyway, I have been talking to them and they have agreed to reconsider if I provide additional references.

So happy :biggrin:

Congratulations
A thread with a happy ending. Don't see that every day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending