University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business applicants/offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gehlot123
Hey all,
I am planning to apply to UCL for the ITMB course, I was just wondering if anyone had offers, and what grades are needed in the offer? I also am predicted Distinction in Business BTEC, Distinction in ICT BTEC (practioners) and A in Sociology. I have no further AS grades either and my Personal statement is based around how through technologies and IT business has evolved, so not so much computing but IT and Business. I was wondering, do you think its worth applying for the course since UCL is such a prestigious university.

Gehlot

I'm not sure how many A-Levels a BTEC does or doesn't represent but the UCL Course requires 3 A-Levels and a further pass at AS which I'm not sure you have since you stated you're only doing three subjects. It will be worth looking in to but I think because it's such a prestigious university you will be up against some fairly tough competition, even for a slightly less demanding course.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by Aaron.F
I'm not sure how many A-Levels a BTEC does or doesn't represent but the UCL Course requires 3 A-Levels and a further pass at AS which I'm not sure you have since you stated you're only doing three subjects. It will be worth looking in to but I think because it's such a prestigious university you will be up against some fairly tough competition, even for a slightly less demanding course.

Have you received a date for your UCL interview? I got a letter through saying they'll invite me for one in 'due course', but nothing more. :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Aaron.F

To Aaron.F
A BTEC Represents 1 A level and some Redbrick universities do not accept them. However UCL did claim they did accept BTEC and offer DDD to get in however I do 2 BTEC's (Predicted Distinction) Which are worth 2 Full A levels (Grade A), and am predicted A in Sociology. UCL offer ABB with a Pass at AS in a Alternative subject. Surely ADD (D=Distinction Equivalent of an A) would be fine? What's your opinion on this?
Regards Gehlot
Reply 23
Original post by Booom
Have you received a date for your UCL interview? I got a letter through saying they'll invite me for one in 'due course', but nothing more. :smile:

Nope! Same boat as you, but I read on the website that they tend to interview most candidates with the predicted grades so I haven't made a big deal of the interview (i.e. No facebook statuses).

Original post by Gehlot123
To Aaron.F
A BTEC Represents 1 A level and some Redbrick universities do not accept them. However UCL did claim they did accept BTEC and offer DDD to get in however I do 2 BTEC's (Predicted Distinction) Which are worth 2 Full A levels (Grade A), and am predicted A in Sociology. UCL offer ABB with a Pass at AS in a Alternative subject. Surely ADD (D=Distinction Equivalent of an A) would be fine? What's your opinion on this?
Regards Gehlot

And unfortunately I'm really not endowed with enough admissions knowledge to pass judgement but your best bet, I've found, is to ring admissions and ask! The number for UCL IMB admissions is: +44 (0)20 3108 1024, I believe. Good luck :smile:.
Reply 24
Original post by Aaron.F
Nope! Same boat as you, but I read on the website that they tend to interview most candidates with the predicted grades so I haven't made a big deal of the interview (i.e. No facebook statuses).

And unfortunately I'm really not endowed with enough admissions knowledge to pass judgement but your best bet, I've found, is to ring admissions and ask! The number for UCL IMB admissions is: +44 (0)20 3108 1024, I believe. Good luck :smile:.

Thanks for your help i tried ringing that number! it goes to answer machine but i will keep trying. Thanks for your help All the best for you and i hope we meet in UCL!

To: BOOM! what grades have you got in which subjects? A interview is better then nothing, at least you have time to elaborate your ideas to the admission office!
Regards: Gehlot
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Any advice on what to expect in the interview?
I just got an offer for Information Management for Business at UCL!!!!!! ABB/e :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by adamwinogrodzki
I just got an offer for Information Management for Business at UCL!!!!!! ABB/e :biggrin:

Congrats, aha this is making me so much more nervous now!

Are you doing your A-Levels at the moment (if so, did you have an interview?), or do you already have you results?
Reply 28
Original post by adamwinogrodzki

Wow congrats man, you're an applicant from overseas aren't you?

What subjects are you doing?
Original post by Booom
Congrats, aha this is making me so much more nervous now!

Are you doing your A-Levels at the moment (if so, did you have an interview?), or do you already have you results?

Yeah, I am doing my A-levels at the moment, but I have already got one at grade A in Spanish.
Original post by Aaron.F
Wow congrats man, you're an applicant from overseas aren't you?

What subjects are you doing?

I'm an EU applicant (Spain), so I guess that's why I didn't have to go for an interview.
Reply 31
The IMB looks really good but suprised at the low entry standards for the course. Got an interview letter a few days ago and now im buzzing
Reply 32
Original post by Aaron.F
Any advice on what to expect in the interview?

Not much, Its as much an open day as an interview. I can't make any promises but as I've said before I think everyone I spoke to or saw at my interview got an offer.

Can't guarantee your's will be the same but when I had mine it was a presentation on the course with the chance to ask questions. Then we had a group interview where we were basically asked why we wanted to do the course and then had the chance to ask more questions, then we had a tour of UCL and finished off by filling in a form thing which asked some more questions like what you could bring to UCL outside academia, why UCL, why IMB. I have no idea if it was important at all but I don't think so.

Geholt123

Regards Gehlot

I'm afraid as I dont work in admissions I cant give a definitive answer. I'd email the department. Pearl or Richard would be a good bet or just the general office. Or give them another ring (Make sure its the MS&I department and not general admissions your phoning) But there are a few people in my year with BTEC qualifications so I'm pretty sure they accept them in some form or another :smile:

James-123

The IMB looks really good but suprised at the low entry standards for the course. Got an interview letter a few days ago and now im buzzing

Yeah the low entry standards are puzzling indeed but I think this may be one of the last years before it is raised. Last year there were over 500 applicants for what should be 70 places.
Reply 33
DID ANYONE HEAR FROM UCL YET ???? .. I hope i get innnnnn !
Reply 34
Original post by Hardyvee
DID ANYONE HEAR FROM UCL YET ???? .. I hope i get innnnnn !

A few of us have got offers, including myself, lots of interviews floating around as well!:smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Chrisl12345
A few of us have got offers, including myself, lots of interviews floating around as well!:smile:

Was the interview easy ???? how was it ??
Reply 36
Original post by Hardyvee
Was the interview easy ???? how was it ??

I think (not certain) he may be an international student. All of the home applicants I've seen are awaiting a date for an interview (including myself).
Reply 37
Original post by Booom
I think (not certain) he may be an international student. All of the home applicants I've seen are awaiting a date for an interview (including myself).

Mature student, there is another overseas applicant with an offer too though.
Reply 38
Original post by Booom

I'm not an international student :smile:

UK born and bred, and I didn't get interviewed..Already got my A2's and showed keen interest in this course for around 5 months now, so really an interview was not a necessary! (From speaking to admissions the interview really is partly to see if you like the course as well as to see if they like you!)

Chris
Reply 39
Original post by Aaron.F
Mature student, there is another overseas applicant with an offer too though.

I love how I am classed as a 'mature student' just because I got my A levels a few months back! haha

Quick Reply

Latest