The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

I've noticed no-one saying they like Curtis best...
Anyone know anyone who thinks Curtis is the best?

Personally he annoys me and I feel he is underdeveloped as a character...
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Curtis feels like the deus ex machina character. If it all goes tits up or they make a mistake, he'll sort it. But he hasn't been used much.

Anyone notice how little Kelly's, Curtis' and Alisha's powers are used. Actually Alisha's has been pretty much non-existent this season.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Curtis feels like the deus ex machina character. If it all goes tits up or they make a mistake, he'll sort it. But he hasn't been used much.

Anyone notice how little Kelly's, Curtis' and Alisha's powers are used. Actually Alisha's has been pretty much non-existent this season.

In fact all powers have been non-existant in comparison to their use in the first series (with the exception of Nathan's power, he's died quite a lot in comparison to S1)

Simon's only gone invisible a few times, Alisha's power hasn't been used at all that I can think of (apart from her comments on how it didn't affect Future Simon), Curtis hasn't gone back in time, Kelly only really heard voices when hearing Nathan in the grave and Ape-man's thoughts.

Only episode this series where there has been some mega power use was the episode they took drugs and had there reverse powers.
In fact all powers have been non-existant in comparison to their use in the first series (with the exception of Nathan's power, he's died quite a lot in comparison to S1)

Simon's only gone invisible a few times, Alisha's power hasn't been used at all that I can think of (apart from her comments on how it didn't affect Future Simon), Curtis hasn't gone back in time, Kelly only really heard voices when hearing Nathan in the grave and Ape-man's thoughts.

Only episode this series where there has been some mega power use was the episode they took drugs and had there reverse powers.

Exactly. I guess they want to put emphasis on storylines and character development than action scenes or powers development - which can only be a good thing.

Notice how the powers they have chosen require virtually no special effects. :tongue: Although that has changed somewhat recently with teleportation and others.

Exactly. I guess they want to put emphasis on storylines and character development than action scenes or powers development - which can only be a good thing.

Notice how the powers they have chosen require virtually no special effects. :tongue: Although that has changed somewhat recently with teleportation and others.

Yeah, I'm definitely glad that they aren't just focusing on the power, as I think the development of the group is much more interesting. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy powers they come up for this Thursday, should be a hilarious episode!
Reply 465

I dont like the fact he's able to get such hot girls, it's unrealistic. If he can get those girls, then me and Christina Milian should be engaged by now.

On funny side note, I was catching up with Misfits on PC and my mum saw me watching Curtis bang that girl, very awkward. "Go watch that stuff in private".
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by Yawn11
I dont like the fact he's able to get such hot girls, it's unrealistic. If he can get those girls, then me and Christina Milian should be engaged by now.

On funny side note, I was catching up with Misfits on PC and my mum saw me watching Curtis bang that girl, very awkward. "Go watch that stuff in private".

Ha ha you should try watching True Blood with your mum, stopped doing that quite quickly. Too embarrassing.

And I wouldn't say she is that pretty, I've seen better. Wasn't Curtis a famous athlete though? That would add to attraction...
Reply 467
Original post by MJay91
Does anyone like Kelly more than Nathan or it's just me? Because it seems that everyone's favourite character is Nathan.

The way Kelly speaks is hilarious sometimes. I love some of the things she comes out with on Twitter as well :teehee:

Nathans lines are just comedy gold though, so I probably liked him a little more. However I would Simon, Nathan and Kelly are my favourites.*

Just to add... I've been a Simon fan since the first series so I'm not one these new fans :haughty:*

Hmm no idea! But I do imagine lactokinesis guy getting turned on by milk...white stuff flying everywhere... :sexface:

:rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)

So agree with your comments about Curtis, i love all the others though :biggrin: especially Nathan and Simon :love:

- "I'm universally popular and well liked"
- "this is why people kill you" :rofl:
Reply 469
Ha ha you should try watching True Blood with your mum, stopped doing that quite quickly. Too embarrassing.

And I wouldn't say she is that pretty, I've seen better. Wasn't Curtis a famous athlete though? That would add to attraction...

Yeah I've seen true blood, that's an awesome show.

Ahh he's an athlete so the women assume he's got money to burn, makes so much sense now, cheers.
Original post by minimus777

So agree with your comments about Curtis, i love all the others though :biggrin: especially Nathan and Simon :love:

- "I'm universally popular and well liked"
- "this is why people kill you" :rofl:

I love Nathan and Simon's off screen antics together as well, I can just imagine them being in a bit of a bromance (I think I have an obsession with bromances!)
Reply 471

I actually tried to watch True Blood with my mum and I think five minutes into first episode, Jason started giving a girl head. It was embarrassing--my Mum was outraged :redface:

I personally like Curtis the least... In fact, I don't even like that much. Sometimes he doesn't even seem like a necessary character (apart from when they're going to get themselves in trouble) but a filler. I mean, a group of fives seems more wholesome than a group of four :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Onyx.

Just to add... I've been a Simon fan since the first series so I'm not one these new fans :haughty:*

I do love future Simon (or did :frown: ) but in a different way to normal Simon, i've loved him since the first series :smile: It'll be really sad when present Simon becomes future Simon cos i'll miss that socially awkward guy :frown:

Aww Simon :love:
Original post by Onyx.

Original post by Onyx.
I actually tried to watch True Blood with my mum and I think five minutes into first episode, Jason started giving a girl head. It was embarrassing--my Mum was outraged :redface:

I personally like Curtis the least... In fact, I don't even like that much. Sometimes he doesn't even seem like a necessary character (apart from when they're going to get themselves in trouble) but a filler. I mean, a group of fives seems more wholesome than a group of four :dontknow:

It was hideously embarrassing, too much sex to be watched with parents, FAR too much!

Yeah, a group of four seems like it should be 2 couples, but 5 makes it seem more like a group. But yeah, he does seems like an add-on. Especially now he is with Nikki he seems to be drifting even more from the group somehow...
I love Nathan and Simon's off screen antics together as well, I can just imagine them being in a bit of a bromance (I think I have an obsession with bromances!)

- "Is it true that Iwan only speaks Welsh"
- "it's his first and only language"
- "i wanna piss on your tits"
- "i know :yep: "

- "Is it true that Iwan only speaks Welsh"
- "it's his first and only language"
- "i wanna piss on your tits"
- "i know :yep: "

I've watched that more times than I should admit to...it just cracks me up!
Reply 476
I swear in S2 no one gives a **** that he's a famous athlete.

Plus I don't know about anyone else, but I love the new probation officer :biggrin: I hope he stays on to the next series (:
Original post by Xhotas

Original post by Xhotas

Plus I don't know about anyone else, but I love the new probation officer :biggrin: I hope he stays on to the next series (:

Ha ha I know, it's almost as though the writers have forgotten about it.

It would be shocking if he didn't die...a probation officer who doesn't die...who woulda thunk it?!
Reply 478
It was hideously embarrassing, too much sex to be watched with parents, FAR too much!

Yeah, a group of four seems like it should be 2 couples, but 5 makes it seem more like a group. But yeah, he does seems like an add-on. Especially now he is with Nikki he seems to be drifting even more from the group somehow...

Exactly, and I agree with what you said about lack of character development. The other four seem to be bonding more. Kelly obviously has chemistry with Nathan, she's kinda protective of Simon--like a sister. I don't know about her and Alisha but we know they talk about girl stuff... being the only girls of the group. Simon + Nathan = obvious bromance. Simon and Alisha :heart: Then we saw Alisha and Simon spending time together last episode over their mutual concern for Simon and the 'bitch spider' :p:

Then there's Curtis... :erm:
Reply 479
Original post by Xhotas

Yes, here's to hoping they don't kill this one :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest