The Student Room Group

Why do so many people take MDMA?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hold on, can someone just tell me what the hell MDMA is??
Original post by Bishamon
Hold on, can someone just tell me what the hell MDMA is??

Ecstasy.
Original post by Elipsis

Original post by Elipsis
09, how come?

I was at leeds too - thought we may have crossed paths, but i graduated in 02.
Original post by ArcaneAnna

Btw...does anyone remember the days you could get pills for like £2.

It's shocking that now they're £10 a pop!
Still good tho - if you have a reliable source. c;

I can remember when you could get 3 mitsubishis (the crumbally ones not the ones that look like asprin) for £10. They were the best pills you could get after the white dove days. After that they just went down hill which is why MDMA has become so popular.

There is far more chance the MDMA powder will be cleaner than any pill you can buy. As others have siad, once youve done loads of pills they just dont have the same effect anymore and they just make you feel weird.

Anyone who thinks persistant use, (regular use over a few years) does NOT affect your brain is living on a nother planet. It does - sometimes mildly, but it does affect you. You can google, wikipedia, read some shi* someone has written....but talk to people that have actually done it.....
Reply 164
One thing I dont like in MDMA is the damage they do to your teeth ...if you know what I mean.

But I must admit that this is the best drug you can use (if you take in consideration the side effects and the experience that you get).

I came to conclusion that this drug is not for constant use. To use it more than once a week will ruin your sleep regime and you won't get "used" to the drug so the effects won't be so awesome :biggrin:

The best way to use MDMA is right before or at the start of a party, believe me you WILL enjoy the music.
The sex is ..AMAZING. If you want good experience and you are a newbies I can suggest you to try it with your partner and share 1 pill (cut it in half) or if you wanna hafe a longer session just eat 1 pill each ^^
Another bonus is that this drug is relatively cheap and pure (the price to make it isnt worth it to be adulterated). In my country you can find it for 3 to 20 euro.

P.S. MDMA can be great experience but just remember to not overdo it
Reply 165
I've only had half a tab but it heightens your senses so you can really enjoy whatever activity you're doing. It does not make you lose control like alcohol can do (unless you like to go mental when you enjoy yourself in a club) and there really aren't many risks to taking it.
Original post by Blazor
If that's you in your picture, you're fit, so you're excused.

Yes it is me, an insulting compliment, how odd :tongue:
Reply 167
Original post by DaveSmith99
Around here pills mean ecstasy pills, which should have no speed or anything but MDMA + binders.

Pure MDMA is crystal, the powder is cut with stuff.

I think most places now pills or ecstasy is basically speed and other crap. Sure pills consisting of MDMA are available but are treated as a seperate proposition. I guess what do people expect for £2 a go?

Yeah, I meant crystals but many people bash up the crystals into powder to snort or eat.
Original post by natashapt
We have fun regardless :biggrin: It's just my preference that I prefer to have a clear head on a night out so I dont drink (and due to personal reasons) , I don't do drugs because I dont want to, and I don't like the taste of cigarettes, but also can't smoke, I just look like an idiot when doing it. aslong as i'm having fun dancing/singing my heart out with my friends or the bf then i'm having a good time :smile:

Good for you. Reading my post back it looked like I was implying that people who don't do those things were boring which was not my intention at all.
Original post by profoflife
I can remember when you could get 3 mitsubishis (the crumbally ones not the ones that look like asprin) for £10. They were the best pills you could get after the white dove days. After that they just went down hill which is why MDMA has become so popular.

There is far more chance the MDMA powder will be cleaner than any pill you can buy. As others have siad, once youve done loads of pills they just dont have the same effect anymore and they just make you feel weird.

Anyone who thinks persistant use, (regular use over a few years) does NOT affect your brain is living on a nother planet. It does - sometimes mildly, but it does affect you. You can google, wikipedia, read some shi* someone has written....but talk to people that have actually done it.....

Well...actually. In uni the research labs have been doing a bit of work on pills lately...and the current results show that actually, if you stop use your brain reverts back to completely normal function within a space of a few months - year. And after talking to the phd students carrying out the work - they said that there are quite a few, new emerging experiments with the same results.

Also the constant use - you do get acclimatised to them, but I wouldn't agree that it's to the extent you say. We've been taking them for the past 3 years or even more, pretty regularly [the last few months - every weekend]...and they still work well for us.

Original post by Jake22
I think most places now pills or ecstasy is basically speed and other crap. Sure pills consisting of MDMA are available but are treated as a seperate proposition. I guess what do people expect for £2 a go?

Yeah, I meant crystals but many people bash up the crystals into powder to snort or eat.

I can say with confidence that here in the north east the pills have high md content. Whenever our source gets a new batch, we test them. And the last time we had a 'bad' batch was a couple of weeks/maybe months ago with the route 66's. [which were so bad we had to triple drop.] otherwise tho...they've all been decent.
(edited 13 years ago)
Well...actually. In uni the research labs have been doing a bit of work on pills lately...and the current results show that actually, if you stop use your brain reverts back to completely normal function within a space of a few months - year. And after talking to the phd students carrying out the work - they said that there are quite a few, new emerging experiments with the same results.

Also the constant use - you do get acclimatised to them, but I wouldn't agree that it's to the extent you say. We've been taking them for the past 3 years or even more, pretty regularly [the last few months - every weekend]...and they still work well for us.

I can say with confidence that here in the north east the pills have high md content. Whenever our source gets a new batch, we test them. And the last time we had a 'bad' batch was a couple of weeks/maybe months ago with the route 66's. [which were so bad we had to triple drop.] otherwise tho...they've all been decent.

I bet Ecstasy pills aren't the only type of pills you take following one of your 'messy' weekends :biggrin:
Original post by MilfsSonsFriend
I bet Ecstasy pills aren't the only type of pills you take following one of your 'messy' weekends :biggrin:

Hahahaha. Now whatever do you mean? D;

Narr, the only thing I take at the end of such a belter time is a line of ket to knock me out, cos otherwise you're up for days.
Reply 172

Narr, the only thing I take at the end of such a belter time is a line of ket to knock me out, cos otherwise you're up for days.

I think...... I think I love you

My type of girl- can we be friends now?
Dont really know what the problem is, its safer than tobacco and alcohol, moderation is the key to using it safely. Never tried it myself though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 175
Because its the last thing god gave us! and its good ****!
Original post by Steezy
I think...... I think I love you

Hahaha. for what? the weekends? the pills? or the ket? c;

Original post by MilfsSonsFriend
My type of girl- can we be friends now?

M'course.

Ay ayy. It's my usual routine now. I say uni corrupts!
What else are we supposed to do? Getting kettled in a house of mates, staying up friday till monday and not remembering anything of it = wicked.
Reply 177
Original post by Elipsis

How old are you now? Pretty much everyone I know has calmed right down. I don't do any drugs, not even drink. I only know one major **** up, and I think even he's stopped now. I'm obviously not counting people younger than me that I know, because they haven't gotten it out of their system.

32, very soon to be 33. The last time I took any recreational drugs was at my 30th birthday party, and taking a joint from someone in suburban London that owns their own house it was hardly surprising that it was the closest I've ever come to pulling a whitey.

Prior to that I hadn't really take anything on anything remotely resembling a regular basis for about nine years, and really I stopped drinking to get drunk at around 22-24-ish, only actually doing so maybe twice a year. Then of course the kids coming along has meant that I haven't got 'properly' drunk since my 30th birthday party, and the only reason I did so then was because child number two was due very soon and I knew that would mean that I'd be pretty much sober-ish for at least fifteen years...

Anyway, back on-topic. My main point was that in my experience, for every person that might take some ecstasy the odd time recreationally, I've known at least two that just can't enjoy themselves without it, and take increasingly large amounts, then move onto other highs when it stops working and so on.

Likewise I know people that have become alcoholics, still smoke (I gave up smoking about six years ago) and so on. The difference of course being that smoking and drinking are unlikely to directly kill you immediately if precautions are not taking, smoking certainly not. Sure, you might stumble off a cliff when drunk, etc... But my guess is that far more people die from alcohol related accidents than (IIRC, its been a long time since I looked into drugs in any meaningful way) from dehydration through mixing alcohol and MDMA simply because far more people drink far more often and in far greater quantities than those that take the odd tab.

Anyway, if you're still doing/taking anything more than drinking alcohol in your mid-late twenties and beyond then you've got a serious problem IMHO, being a sad ****er of course being the least of said problems...
Reply 178
my mate does this, hes going to oxford to do maths n ****, despite all of the drink and drugs hes a great sportsman and got 100% in his AS maths, further maths, physics and re exams july and jan.

true story.:eek:
Reply 179
Original post by Shaun1991
MDMA is for pussies, real men take heroin.

i hope this is a joke.
my older brother has taken heroin for at least the last ten years, been in prison, rehab, his life is ruined as it that of his family, his daughter, it's not a drug to mess around with because once your on it it's extremely hard (almost impossible) to get off of, it ruins your life and your friends and families.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending