The Student Room Group

How many people here have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by loonyplatypus
Meh. I honestly don't understand why guys seem to love her so much. I mean, she's pretty but she's not amazing! And she annoys me a bit. I hated that bit when she came on to the Doctor and tried to seduce him :angry:

Eh, it was only the best Doctor Who scene evar?
Na, but she is really damn attractive, I think maybe the red hair makes her more appealing as it's a bit different but she makes it work oh so well :biggrin:
Original post by You Failed
I had a girlfriend when I was 11? Does that count...I don't think it does tbh. I have no confidence and I'm shy, I'd say that's probably the reason.

There must be a reason why you're low on confidence though. Improve that then the rest will follow innit.
Original post by KingofSpades
I would have but I'm a troll and live under a bridge

This is totally unrelated to both my post and the whole thread but about a minute after I read your post, a question about a troll under the bridge was asked on the Weakest Link! :eek:
Original post by Liam 09
Eh, it was only the best Doctor Who scene evar?
Na, but she is really damn attractive, I think maybe the red hair makes her more appealing as it's a bit different but she makes it work oh so well :biggrin:

I just don't understand it :dontknow:
Reply 84
I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend.

Reason: I haven't actually met someone who I've liked that way and guys don't approach me. I also can't be bothered with one at the moment.
I think I'm use to being single and too focused on work and going to uni. There actually not many girls in my area I actually like. Not so much as a confidence issue or looks issue I'm a little bit shy but I think it serves me well I am actually waiting for the right girl. Hope she appears soon.
(edited 13 years ago)
As a guy, I havent yet had a proper relationship due to not finding the right girl :frown:
Im in a boys school lol thats why ! :frown:
Original post by loonyplatypus
Ah, I am a Rose fan :h: I always cry at the bit in Doomsday when they're on either side of the wall! :cry2:

What do you think of Matt Smith?

I was just gonna ask u that! :eek: So what do u think?

I love him!!! He is absolutely amazing, not as good an actor as david tennant but he has his own charm :smile: and I love the doctor-amy pond-rory combo :biggrin:
Original post by Ammelia
I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend.

Reason: I haven't actually met someone who I've liked that way and guys don't approach me. I also can't be bothered with one at the moment.

I love the quote you have as your sig though :rolleyes:
me :smile:

i only hang out with a small group of girls and i dont go out at night or to lots of different places so i dont reall know where to meet boys tbh..then again i'm notugly but i'm no cheryl cole or Megan fox so someone seeing me for a few seconds outside deffo isnt gonna start love at first sight..
boys in school are just ugh :tongue:

plus i guess its too much ffort :tongue: i didnt really bother about it till now..but now that i've hit 17 yh i'm considering it a problem.
Reply 91
Ooh yeah a real post:
I've never had a girlfriend yet either, possibly a lack of sensing signals, lack of flirting ability, not going out on friday's or to parties that often, my personality or the people I meet just don't find me attractive. There. That's just about covered everything :biggrin:
Original post by Beadle's About
As the title says. Why haven't you got anyone yet? Is it just that you have a lack of confidence or is it that you can't be bothered and prefer to be single?

I'm having a hard time understanding why people can't get someone.

horrendous teeth (read: not yellow, just misplaced) that can't be fixed due to a genetic disorder. yeah please tell me I can do something about it. I like false hope.
I've never had a proper boyfriend (I had a 'boyfriend' when I was 14 but that didn't really count). I've had people ask me out before but I've not been interested in them in that way. If I'd have said yes it would not have been because I liked them but simply because they liked me, and that's not a healthy thing for either person. It's not like I want to be single, but I don't want to go out with someone just for the sake of it. I've liked boys before who haven't liked me back that way. I guess I'm just waiting for the right person :smile:.
Reply 95
Original post by concubine
I have never had a boyfriend I'll be your boyfriend I'm your boyfriend.

Your sig is ****ING funny.

Haven't a SERIOUS one. Cause it's hard to find someone as awesome as me.

The one girl I could've been serious with i let slip cause I wasn't ready to commit, but she looked like a model and it's hard not to have high standards now lol.
Original post by MizzCupcakes
I was just gonna ask u that! :eek: So what do u think?

I love him!!! He is absolutely amazing, not as good an actor as david tennant but he has his own charm :smile: and I love the doctor-amy pond-rory combo :biggrin:

I love him too :biggrin: I prefer him to David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston for sure!

And Rory :love: I adore him :suith:
Reply 97
I havent every had a bf, probably coz i am a muslim. However many guys had tried it on me-they got rejected (not coz i am gay)
I haven't
Not even one when I was a kid or anything
Original post by Beadle's About
As the title says. Why haven't you got anyone yet? Is it just that you have a lack of confidence or is it that you can't be bothered and prefer to be single?

I'm having a hard time understanding why people can't get someone.

21 year old male here and never had a girlfriend. Not only that but I've literally done NOTHING with a girl i.e no dates, no kisses, not even flirted with one (if a girl at any point in my life has flirted with me, then I was probably oblivious to it).

Its weird though because I think I've got so many things going for me: I'm tall, muscular, have an awesome finance grad job secured and go to a good university.

Why have I remained single? Because I have literally made zero effort to ever get a girl. I've never asked one out and as I mentioned, I haven't really flirted with one either. I'm also not a very sociable person and only go to a social outing where I might have the chance to meet females about 5 times a year. And although I may be confident and a leader in workshops and group projects, I am absolutely hopeless at talking to girls. Even if I did get the chance to talk to one, I always run out of ideas very quickly so nothing ever happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending