The Student Room Group

Guaranteed rejection from everywhere else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kenny_uk
They have a right not to allow you to view your reference, however you are correct about the predicted grade. you have every right to view it.

nope your wrong, you can see your references beacuse UCAS again as government agent must show ALL information held about applicants to the applicant themselves. if you pay 10 pounds they will provided you with all the information your references said about u!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by MylesXD
nope your wrong, you can see your references beacuse UCAS again as government agent must show ALL information held about applicants to the applicant themselves. if you pay 10 pounds they will provided you with all the information your references said about u!

Does it say that on the UCAS website? because I remember seeing on their site something along the lines of "Your college/school has the right not to show you your reference"
Original post by jeya.101
I sent it about a week ago

Talk to your subject teachers and ask what they expect you to get.
Reply 23
Does it say that on the UCAS website? because I remember seeing on their site something along the lines of "Your college/school has the right not to show you your reference"

The Data Protection Act 1998 allows you to ask us for a copy of all the information we have about your application. We charge £10 for this service to cover administrative costs. If you would like a copy of your information, please write to us giving your full name, address, and Personal ID, and send us a cheque or postal order for £10, payable to UCAS. Applications are kept at UCAS for three years.

yes it does lol

http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/dataprotectionact

:confused::confused::confused: i wouldn't just say it without any proof
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by MylesXD
The Data Protection Act 1998 allows you to ask us for a copy of all the information we have about your application. We charge £10 for this service to cover administrative costs. If you would like a copy of your information, please write to us giving your full name, address, and Personal ID, and send us a cheque or postal order for £10, payable to UCAS. Applications are kept at UCAS for three years.

yes it does lol

http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/dataprotectionact

:confused::confused::confused: i wouldn't just say it without any proof

my mistake, that's the ucas side of it, I was saying that the College/School have a right not to let you see it.
Reply 25
my mistake, that's the ucas side of it, I was saying that the College/School have a right not to let you see it.

o no i meant UCAS, i still would argue against the school mind you lol
Reply 26
Phone the number on your UCAS welcome letter and say you wish to change your courses. You then are allowed to change them as long as it is within 2 weeks of receiving the letter. Your College, teachers don't even have to know. However, I'd only do this once you've discovered what grades you have been predicted so that you can find courses that you have a good chance of getting on. I changed a higher offer choice for a lower offer choice about a week ago and have since received an offer from the new choice so am glad I did so and it only took a few minutes. No hassle at all.:wink:
I'd have a bitchfit. Def get your parents involved.
Reply 28
Original post by MylesXD
What a load of BullSh*t, schools are all under the data protection act, if you want to know anything about yourself, with the information they whole your untitled to hear. your school can get in to trouble by withholding information from you!

Pay the 10 pounds to UCAS and see what your predict grades are and also see what hes put as references, he snds like a *****

How could you pick unis if u don't know what your predict? Maybe you have idea of your grades, teachers don't like predicting high, so he probable predict you lower grades

yeah i mean I have an idea of what my predicted could be and he said these are achievable schools so im freaking out!

Original post by lechaton-x
I'd have a bitchfit. Def get your parents involved.

yeah i did and he even told them that it was confidential!

Original post by jelly1000
Talk to your subject teachers and ask what they expect you to get.

i did and they're all being about strange about it, nobody will give me a straight answer!

Original post by Beth Angharad
Your predicted grades should be what you got for AS- depending on your marks, your tutors may have given you a higher or a lower predicated grade. Although students aren't really meant to know what they're predicted for A-level, your teachers should be sympathetic if you're concerned that your predicted grades are too low.

I can't imagine how stressed you must be, but please don't think that every uni is going to be the same :-) good luck, and I hope you get the offers you deserve!

thank you so much! yeah because for the course at Queen Mary i needed 34 IB points and for the other schools it ranges from 34-36 so i'm really getting stressed!

yeah me too :s

Original post by jackwharry
Phone the number on your UCAS welcome letter and say you wish to change your courses. You then are allowed to change them as long as it is within 2 weeks of receiving the letter. Your College, teachers don't even have to know. However, I'd only do this once you've discovered what grades you have been predicted so that you can find courses that you have a good chance of getting on. I changed a higher offer choice for a lower offer choice about a week ago and have since received an offer from the new choice so am glad I did so and it only took a few minutes. No hassle at all.:wink:

okay thanks! it's just so annoying because i really love the colleges i applied to, so ugh. it's so upsetting :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
You can get a copy of your reference and predicted grades from UCAS anyway, they have to give you it by law (Although can charge upto £10).
Reply 30
Sue your tutor or something, its only the reference that you are not allowed to see.
Reply 31
Yeah, get your reference & predicted grades from UCAS asap - it should say how on the site. Then if you get them and they're worse than what you expected, change your courses (you should have time if you work fast). While your waiting for UCAS to post your ref/p gs you can find out what lower graded Unis you like to make best use of the limited time. Then go into school and kick your teachers a** :biggrin: Unless they're fine, in which case you can stop worrying!! You can also apply next year once you actually have your A level grades if the worst comes to the worst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending