The Student Room Group

Awkward reaction to present i bought him...

I got this guy i'm seeing a lousy present, he got it this morning. I didn't know till after i'd posted it that it was lousy. Don't slag.

The point is at the very very start of the relationship he got me an Eid gift just by surprise and it was really thoughtful, the gift itself was hard to find in our city and i knew the effort he went to to have it delivered and yadayadayada.

Anyway he is amazing but he text me today saying 'lol legend' assuming it was a joke present and then 7 mins later saying 'i mean...err wow? *confused face*'

He isnt the type to judge but it'll be awkward getting him something else. I text him casually saying 'hope you had a good day. Snow + postage = fail' and then hoped that maybe he wouldnt think the present was from me. I didnt sign my name on it anywhere ...should i just deny it.

Sorry for such a dumb thread. Thanks for any replies. I know,there is nothing to be done, it's no big deal. But i'm just being a typical teenager worrying over guys. :s-smilie:

Xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What was the present? :biggrin:
Original post by Tommyjw

This!

How bad was it? :biggrin:
Are you the one who bought him socks?
Original post by iainthegreat
This!

We need to know. Seriously.
so what did you buy him?
Reply 6
Original post by DivinityofReason

Original post by DivinityofReason
so what did you buy him?

Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by iainthegreat
This!

Original post by TheSadReaper
We need to know. Seriously.

Seven pairs of socks and a set of bookends. And also an intricate drawing of him (he's been nagging me to sketch something for him for a while. I couldn't draw him perfect enough but i did my best :dontknow:)
Original post by Anonymous
Seven pairs of socks and a set of bookends. And also an intricate drawing of him (he's been nagging me to sketch something for him for a while. I couldn't draw him perfect enough but i did my best :dontknow:)

Predictable.
Well the picture makes it obvious it was you, just act like it was just a bit of fun and not a serious thing.
What's a bookend?
Reply 9

and by socks do you mean condoms? :P but if i did receive it I wouldve be surprised as well
The drawing sounds sweet. He should be happy. I mean socks are a bit cliche but if they're comfy socks they can be like little hugs for his feet?
i dont know find a jokey way of justifying it. Panick and buy him some body chocolate or something.
Original post by Speechless'
Well the picture makes it obvious it was you, just act like it was just a bit of fun and not a serious thing.
What's a bookend?

You put it on the end of your books on a bookshelf to stop them falling over :p:

I agree though, just pretend like it was a jokey gift maybe? I will say though, it's a bit odd to respond with 'lol legend' - the second text I could understand.
Why did you get him socks? Is it something from you childhood you thought everyone would appreciate or something? Or did you really think socks were a good idea (eg. I love getting them off my family every year, its a weird yet awesome tradition).
Lool wth? socks? really?
Reply 14
You obviously cannot deny that you sent it... obviously he'll know that you drew it, because he's been nagging you.

Just say that was part of the present, because the other present hasn't been delivered yet.

Problem solved.
You got your boyfriend socks and bookends for christmas? :lolwut:

What a romantic you are :facepalm2:
Reply 16

Hello, ipulledhermione. :colone:
Reply 17
What happened to intercepting the mail.
Just say that's a lol-early-present. :smile: (ie. he is getting another)
Reply 19
Original post by Arcanine

Original post by Arcanine
Hello, polarity. :colone:

be a babe and edit that - pleasee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending