The Student Room Group

Does anyone want to study law in hong kong?

I am from hk but currently studying in england and would like to apply for the EAS for law in HKU, but it all depends on whether i get my predicted grades in the summer. Just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me or has any advice or opinions about this? Thanks!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Definitely a great a idea! The legal profession in England is currently at saturation levels therefore, having options in other countries certainly gives you greater ease to a certain extent. The ability to study in alternative legal systems highlights your ability to adapt, as well as other prospects any employer would be looking for. In the future I am interested in studying at HKU due to cultural ties and connections through a Justice of Appeal in the family will hopefully give me the opportunity within the judiciary one day perhaps! :smile:
Original post by isabella_C

OP, are you a BBC [British Born Chinese]?
Reply 3
Willtang3000: thanks!are you studying law at uni atm?if so, where are you studying? that sounds like a great idea! i hope you will be able to go to hku too!

LaughingBro: nope, i was born in hong kong but moved to england when i was little, how about yourself?
Reply 4
Hey, I was born in HK & moved to England when I was little too:wink:
Willtang3000: thanks!are you studying law at uni atm?if so, where are you studying? that sounds like a great idea! i hope you will be able to go to hku too!

LaughingBro: nope, i was born in hong kong but moved to england when i was little, how about yourself?

Hopefully I will be starting law in 2011 (check my signature :smile:) and currently my top choice is Warwick however, I still have not heard back from them so who knows! Are you currently studying law at university in England?
Thank you, I look forward to it as I love Hong Kong, but I need to get my cantonese up to scratch first :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by amyyanwatse
Hey, I was born in HK & moved to England when I was little too:wink:

haha thats great:biggrin:! where abouts in england are you and what year are you in?:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by willtang3000
Hopefully I will be starting law in 2011 (check my signature :smile:) and currently my top choice is Warwick however, I still have not heard back from them so who knows! Are you currently studying law at university in England?
Thank you, I look forward to it as I love Hong Kong, but I need to get my cantonese up to scratch first :colondollar:

oh wow thats great!:biggrin: warwick is amazing, i hope you get in!
nope, i'm not in uni yet actually, hoping to go to HKU through the early admissions scheme but the entry requirements are so high so fingers crossed! are you a bbc yourself?
...i was born in hong kong but moved to england when i was little, how about yourself?

Born and bred in London.
oh wow thats great!:biggrin: warwick is amazing, i hope you get in!
nope, i'm not in uni yet actually, hoping to go to HKU through the early admissions scheme but the entry requirements are so high so fingers crossed! are you a bbc yourself?

Thank you! :smile:
Oh right. Are you deemed as a home student in Hong Kong? That would perhaps explain why the entry requirements are so high!
Yes I am a BBC, meaning if I do eventually end up at HKU one day, then I will be wasting away as I find Hong Kong's heat totally untolerable! :lol:
Reply 10
Thank you! :smile:
Oh right. Are you deemed as a home student in Hong Kong? That would perhaps explain why the entry requirements are so high!
Yes I am a BBC, meaning if I do eventually end up at HKU one day, then I will be wasting away as I find Hong Kong's heat totally untolerable! :lol:

Yes that is probably why, it is so competitive! haha, i'm sure you'll cope! do you often go back to hk?
haha thats great:biggrin:! where abouts in england are you and what year are you in?:smile:

I'm in the North West in near Blackpool, and currently in year 13! how about you? :smile:
If I go to Bristol, then I would be keen to apply to the YA programme with a year in HK.

I have relatives there too :smile:, though I'm not of Chinese descent.
Yes that is probably why, it is so competitive! haha, i'm sure you'll cope! do you often go back to hk?

I've been going back every year these past few years and it looks as if it will continue that way because I have dual-nationality now! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Cast.Iron
If I go to Bristol, then I would be keen to apply to the YA programme with a year in HK.

I have relatives there too :smile:, though I'm not of Chinese descent.

That sounds lovely! I think the year abroad programmes are really great,have you been to HK before:smile:?
Reply 15
I've been going back every year these past few years and it looks as if it will continue that way because I have dual-nationality now! :biggrin:

oh, that's great:biggrin:! i go back every year too,in the summer, but it's so hot in hk!!
That sounds lovely! I think the year abroad programmes are really great,have you been to HK before:smile:?

I have actually, a couple of times. My relatives live in Yuen Long, and my brothe, who is currently teaching English over there is living in North Point.
Reply 17
Original post by Cast.Iron
I have actually, a couple of times. My relatives live in Yuen Long, and my brothe, who is currently teaching English over there is living in North Point.

oh wow! i live in yuen long too:biggrin:
Reply 18
OP: Why don't you take the 5 year course in KCL- English Law with Hong Kong law?
oh, that's great:biggrin:! i go back every year too,in the summer, but it's so hot in hk!!

Tell me about it! I went back in the summer and I was hit with 36 degrees on the first day! I can't stand the humidity! :frown:

oh wow! i live in yuen long too:biggrin:

I have an uncle in Yuen Long, but most of my family (Tang's) reside in Fanling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending