The Student Room Group

Why are women in America so beautiful?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam0311
hi my name is adam and i come from the greatest and only country in the world. You must be from another planet if you weren't born in the us. We are so inteligant in the us. Are education standards are very hi. We eat hamburgers and french fries for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wal mart is the only place to shop. Mcdonalds is the only place to eat. Sometimes i run into the wall because my stomach is so large. Fat has sealed my eyelids. I walk around with a shotgun like its a pet. Dont upset me or i will use it. George bush is like jesus. I am so proud to be american.

I laughed out loud at that, cheers
Reply 61
The answer your looking for is because they are fake, that's why.
Reply 62
Original post by IlexBlue
I mean the US population in general, really. In Britain, people are very blunt and matter-of-fact - they don't pretend to be polite or hide the fact that someone is annoying them. In America, this doesn't happen - the people are all nicey-nice and big smiles to each other's faces and chew each other out behind their backs.

I tend to really notice this when I see British hosts interview Americans - our being straightforward and direct and to the point really startles them, and throws them off balance. In America, they dance around the issue with lots of big smiles and fake friendliness.

Don't think I'm chewing out America here, Britain clearly has enough bad points on its own, but this is something I've always picked up on.

Absolute. Rubbish.

Your saying this about a culture which lauds "subtlety" and "tongue in cheek". LOL someone has very, very poor analytical skills.
Reply 63
Original post by Bishamon
Absolute. Rubbish.

Your saying this about a culture which lauds "subtlety" and "tongue in cheek". LOL someone has very, very poor analytical skills.

Everything about your post screams "I'm an arrogant prick" and typically I wouldn't answer, but hell, I'll go for it.

Obviously, you will get some presenters/ people and the like in Britain who do crawl up people's asses and suck up to them to their face before doing the complete opposite behind their backs, but that's not the majority. In America, it is. You only have to watch a couple of American and British shows to see the blatant difference, as well as how these people interact in real life. And yes, we are tongue-in-cheek - although you use it in a way which suggests you're contradicting what I'm saying, so perhaps you should look up what it actually means.

We don't put on false, polite airs, we do joke and ridicule and we are direct. Americans smile and everything is superficial, they may imply things but they dance around the point - they won't step into any territory that could lead to any awkward or uncomfortable areas, even if the subject is blaringly obvious.

And I think you mean observational skills there, genius. Don't make such a stupid post before sounding like a conceited tool.
From my experience, ive found that there are only two types of people in USA:

good looking people
ugly fatsos

there is no inbetween.
Did no other American girls chime in on this? It has been published and is now known that America does have the largest population of obesity I will grant that. But there are always proverbial 'diamonds in the rough' in any place. :smile:
Dude I went on holiday to california with my mates over the summer and the girls there were like a different league to any I have ever seen before + they really appreciate a english accent :grin:

I can see why they have a song dedicated to them. :sexface:
Reply 67
Original post by IlexBlue
Everything about your post screams "I'm an arrogant prick" and typically I wouldn't answer, but hell, I'll go for it.

Obviously, you will get some presenters/ people and the like in Britain who do crawl up people's asses and suck up to them to their face before doing the complete opposite behind their backs, but that's not the majority. In America, it is. You only have to watch a couple of American and British shows to see the blatant difference, as well as how these people interact in real life. And yes, we are tongue-in-cheek - although you use it in a way which suggests you're contradicting what I'm saying, so perhaps you should look up what it actually means.

We don't put on false, polite airs, we do joke and ridicule and we are direct. Americans smile and everything is superficial, they may imply things but they dance around the point - they won't step into any territory that could lead to any awkward or uncomfortable areas, even if the subject is blaringly obvious.

And I think you mean observational skills there, genius. Don't make such a stupid post before sounding like a conceited tool.

You sound like the kind of jackass who spends too much time trying to decipher societal behaviour by watching tv. If you are judging the intellectual quality of my post based upon my use of analytical instead of observational then you are a buffoon. Though buffoonery and pedantry often go hand in hand.

"Subtelty" and "tongue in cheek" form veryb significant parts in british culture and their method of communication. Insulting people indirectly has become ingrained in british society so much so that we have "formal" ways of doing it.
Reply 68
too many people have said it for me to quote them specifically, but honestly don't call America fat if you have never been here. Obviously we do have some larger people, but not 50% as some are claiming!! I go to a high school with 2,000 students and I could count on my fingers the number of fat people who attend.
Original post by TravelGuru
The answer your looking for is because they are fake, that's why.

Hypocrite. :rolleyes:
Reply 70
Original post by Allie-23
too many people have said it for me to quote them specifically, but honestly don't call America fat if you have never been here. Obviously we do have some larger people, but not 50% as some are claiming!! I go to a high school with 2,000 students and I could count on my fingers the number of fat people who attend.

Its currently sitting at around 34%
Reply 71
Original post by ChrisBan
Its currently sitting at around 34%

so that still leaves 66% of the population who is not obese.
Reply 72
Original post by Allie-23
so that still leaves 66% of the population who is not obese.

You say that as if its a good thing?
Reply 73
Original post by ChrisBan
You say that as if its a good thing?

no, but it is alot better than what many people were saying. America is fat, i won't deny it, but I would argue that the main hunk of obese people is the older generations from 40 and up, and those living in west virginia and the deep south. I think the women this thread is refering to would be in their 20s and in more populated areas like cali and ny (just 2 name 2 that were mentioned), and other popular places to visit here such as boston and chicago. That percentage has to be far below 20, but I don't know off the top of my head.
Reply 74
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Hypocrite. :rolleyes:

How am I being a hypocrite? Do you even know the meaning of the word, son.
Take away surgery and take away make up. Well then see who is prettier! Stuff is cheaper in America(though the wages are relatively high), so obviously people can afford to spend more on themselves
Original post by TravelGuru
How am I being a hypocrite? Do you even know the meaning of the word, son.

So British girls are famed for how 'natural' they are? :hmmmm2:
Reply 77
Original post by RamocitoMorales
So British girls are famed for how 'natural' they are? :hmmmm2:

When did I mention British girls?
Reply 78
[email protected] many countries did you go visit to make this assumption? It is true tho...english women are not generally known for their beauty. I noticed people wear more make up in the UK than in any other european country...or america....especially the eyelashes..Whats..with..the eyelashes
Reply 79
:colonhash:

it's the fast food and dependence on cars.
mm cellulite you lookin' so gooood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending