The Student Room Group

Would you contribute towards bailing Julian Assange out of Jail?

Poll

Would [i]you[/i] contribute money to bail Julian Badassange outta Jail?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338468/WikiLeaks-chief-Julian-Assange-granted-bail-200-000-IN-CASH.html

Julian Assange

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.theage.com.au/ftage/ffximage/2008/07/08/wikileaks_narrowweb__300x451,0.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/07/08/1215282800995.html&usg=__4Xz0srzC-lf3UqtIC-4cSkxEomc=&h=451&w=300&sz=32&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=uFUa0M4jmIf1IM:&tbnh=170&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3DJulian%2BAssange%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D669%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=634&vpy=91&dur=1340&hovh=275&hovw=183&tx=64&ty=121&ei=BuMHTdLXDZSahQfNgsTeCw&oei=BuMHTdLXDZSahQfNgsTeCw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

Julian, Assange

http://astronlogia.com/2010/12/06/julian-assanges-numerology/

*Say it in a french accent this time* Julian Assange

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.newssecond.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Julian-Assange.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.newssecond.com/hot-news/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-arrested.html&usg=__iWsuspP17l0KW4Hu7PS_KHc_7f0=&h=276&w=460&sz=15&hl=en&start=31&zoom=1&tbnid=CGbbdTor87AbiM:&tbnh=153&tbnw=202&prev=/images%3Fq%3DJulian%2BAssange%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D669%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=508&ei=M-MHTaX9BYKJ4QaSx4mhDQ&oei=BuMHTdLXDZSahQfNgsTeCw&esq=8&page=3&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:31&tx=125&ty=74

Julian Assange is awesome, He's 39 and has white hair for some reason... I think he's innocent of those claims of rape but he does look like a potential rapist to be fair, it's that look in his eyes

Disregard that ^, would you pay contribute to some sort of fund to bail him out of Jail if the chance for bail stands after some Swedish court ruling?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel for him, but no, I don't care enough to give money to bail him.
Reply 2
No. He's been deliberately provoking governments not just in Europe and America, but all over the world, for years - he must have known that they would lose patience eventually. Even if he's bailed he'll only keep on doing the same thing and get himself arrested again and again, so I'd be wasting money trying to prevent a foregone conclusion.

Besides, what if it turns out that he really is guilty of rape and it isn't a trumped-up charge after all? Bet all of his supporters would be kicking themselves then. At the moment we don't know the truth, so who are we to question the Swedish legal system?
Yes.

Because what he did was amazing. Some people may think its 'provoking' governments, but to be short and blunt: he opened a pathway for some dark hidden much-needed truths to be let out!

I wouldn't give a ridiculous amount of money though, Its like this...I like icecream, ice cream makes me happy, I spend money on icecream but within reason. Now kindof substitute 'icecream' with Julian Assange'

EDIT: Im talking about the whole wikileaks issue here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ithoughtofthis
Yes.

Because what he did was amazing. Some people may think its 'provoking' governments, but to be short and blunt: he opened a pathway for some dark hidden much-needed truths to be let out!

I wouldn't give a ridiculous amount of money though, Its like this...I like icecream, ice cream makes me happy, I spend money on icecream but within reason. Now kindof substitute 'icecream' with Julian Assange'

Really hoping you're talking about wikileaks and not the rapes he's been arrested for?!
Reply 5
hells yeah, but i wouldnt actually part with cash.
Original post by angelmxxx
Really hoping you're talking about wikileaks and not the rapes he's been arrested for?!

Took the words right out of my mouth! :biggrin:
Original post by angelmxxx

Yes yes definitely. I unintentionally didn't make that clear in my post but yes.
how long is he looking at?
Reply 9
Original post by KNOB-head
hells yeah, but i wouldnt actually part with cash.

so...actually no? lol
Original post by Arbolus
No. He's been deliberately provoking governments not just in Europe and America, but all over the world, for years - he must have known that they would lose patience eventually. Even if he's bailed he'll only keep on doing the same thing and get himself arrested again and again, so I'd be wasting money trying to prevent a foregone conclusion.

Besides, what if it turns out that he really is guilty of rape and it isn't a trumped-up charge after all? Bet all of his supporters would be kicking themselves then. At the moment we don't know the truth, so who are we to question the Swedish legal system?

By exposing their lies?

how dare he?!
and he is not innocent of those "rape" claims, I believe; as it is rape by name and nothing else. Fact is, in this country those charges wouldn't bring someone to court, but since the Swedish laws are very women friendly, as soon as a catfight breaks out someones gna get banged up.
Can you add a poll please?
Original post by Arbolus

Here here my good sir, To be honest wikileaks told me nothing that I care about.I think it's so funny that he's either a rapist or been set up by the good people at langley falls.

Would you be parry to water board him for £5
Reply 14
I love his name. Julian Assange. It's just a really cool name. Flows well!
Yes. As matter of fact I had an idea the very day he was sent down where I set up a website and people made donations to a fund. That money I then put forward to the courts as a surety for Assange to get bail. Why can say someone who is suspected of killing someone (manslaughter or murder) or even a child abuser get bail and Assange can't. An alleged Rapist who nearly had his case scrapped as even the authorities thought it implausible

Everyone says he may be a rapist who are we to say he isnt. BUT... He may not be one who are we to say he is. After all the case was quashed by the prosecutor it was only a politician who tried to stir this up.

I feel for him.
No. As much as I admire Wikileaks, he's been accused of rape and he's a flight risk. I'd donate to Wikileaks instead, if anything.
Reply 17
Original post by rugbyladosc
By exposing their lies?

how dare he?!

As a matter of fact, yes. Some things, e.g. torture of innocent Iraqi and Afghanistani civilians, he was perfectly justified in releasing - those things should never have been covered up in the first place. Other secrets have done no harm to anyone and in fact are important for world peace - such as Saudi Arabia's urging of a military strike on Iran. Keeping secrets such as those is far more preferable to a nuclear war.

I don't think many people outside government would mind if Julian Assange was selective over the things he chose to publish, but simply taking everything thrown at him and sticking it on the internet for anyone to see is simply dangerous and irresponsible.
Reply 18
Oh come off of course hes not a ****ing rapist. Its an obvious charge governments use to slander or get rid of their enemies. They put tupac in jail for rape, probably killed him. They did the same with DMX and made michael jackson look like a pedophile because he was speaking out against the government.

I dont even think he should live his life according to the rules of a blatantly corrupt system. Some peoples view of reality is that law is the only way you can judge good or bad. Obviously it was bad "because its against the law" *sigh* **** the law, that being said I rarely do anything legal, but ill make up my own mind as to what is good or bad as long as its within limits and doesnt end up in me going to prison
Original post by KingofSpades
how long is he looking at?

I heard that under Swedish law he most likely wouldn't even face a custodial sentence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending