The Student Room Group

Ladies, do you like it when a man kisses your hand when he meets you...?

Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, I wouldn't like it. It's strange and I would feel awkward.
Reply 2
If it was my boyfriend it would be OK. But if all guys started doing it I'd be slightly weirded out.
If he is not taking himself too seriously there, I think it's charming :lollypop:
LOL depends who it is! Random stranger approaching me and kissing me on the hand... that would be, well, er strange? :lol:
It would be a little cringe-worthy if it was a stranger, or someone I didn't know very well. If was a friend messing around on a night out it wouldn't seem quite as strange though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
No, it comes across to me a little sleazy?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
enchante.

:cookie:
I'd never do that, I might catch lurgies.
Reply 9
You'd have to be very good-looking, extremely confident and ridiculously charming... even then they would be "creeped-out." So you'd have to follow it with some seriosuly alluring chat.

The fact that you made this thread suggests you're not confident enough to do this (no offence).

Edit: Woaaa!! After re-reading your post, I noticed you say "enchante" after kissing her hand??! Did you get the spelling wrong, or where you trying to be "charming."
(edited 13 years ago)

Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?

Random guy: Slap that.
Guy I like: Tap that.
Guy I want to ****: Slap that then tap that.
Reply 11
Yes!!! Its so hot I can't even begin to describe....
Reply 13
Lol, I wouldn't know quite what to do if someone approached me in that way...I'm honestly thinking hard but I can't think of a way that I wouldn't find that weird in this day and age, unless it was just someone I knew messing around.
I think its quite charming, I mean chivalry is dead and forgotten and you may be remembered because of it!
I don't like it at all
Reply 16
Why waste the time? Go strait for her lips.
Reply 17
Original post by im so academic
Random guy: Slap that.
Guy I like: Tap that.
Guy I want to ****: Slap that then tap that.

Interesting but yet very funny!
Like your sense of humour!:biggrin:
Reply 18
You'd have to make it abundantly obvious that you were not being serious.

Risk-Reward ratio is not good though, not worth it.
HAHA

no.

Quick Reply

Latest