The Student Room Group

Fifa boss tells gay fans: 'Don't have sex at Qatar World Cup'

As Sepp Blatter is not a popular man amongst English football fans, he has caused more controversy to the general public as he told visiting homosexual fans to the world cup in Qatar to ''refrain from sexual activity''. Views?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9284186.stm

Scroll to see replies

It was in bad taste, but makes good sense.
Reply 2
Hardly any gays follow football anyway, so I don't see what the fuss is about.
Reply 3
I don't get what the big deal is. Not having gay sex in a country where gay sex is illegal makes perfect sense to me?

(Bit curious as to the reason for all the neggings?)
(edited 13 years ago)
:ditto:
Reply 5
Sepp Blatter needs to sort himself out before he can tell other people what to do...
It's just like telling someone not to speed in Dubai, it's the law of that country.
JESUS CHRIST.

STOP BEING GIRLS FFS.
I'm gay, I don't give a ****ing ****,
GET OFF YOUR MORAL HIGH HORSE!
Reply 7
Perfectly sound advice, really. Don't want them ending up like that couple who got done for having sex on a beach, etc.
Reply 8
Reply 9
I think the bigger problem is why hold a world cup in a place that has a ban on alcohol and condemns homosexuality? There was a massive fuss when South Africa was not allowed in international tournaments due to apartheid, why is Qatar, a country with just about all its stadiums in 1 city, no footballing history or culture, harsh climates and laws that are just ensuring people get in trouble, being adjudged fit to host a world cup despite much better contenders?
Hey guys, make sure you don't do something illegal.

Problem? Better that he makes people aware. That said, he's kind of, a decade pre-emptive, isn't he.
Tbh, what gay couple would do their business in Qatar anyways? :lolwut: This isn't a question about homosexuality but about stupidity.

Just stay in Britain, watch the game on a HD plasma, get some alcohol and away you go! :rolleyes;
Reply 12
Blatter is right to say it, but not right to hold the world cup there.
I'm not sure that gay people would even want to go to a country which is full of such prejudiced outdated views anyway, which is a good reason not to hold it there in the first place really.
Reply 13
Sepp Blatter: sensible and sensitive as ever.
Reply 14
anyone see roberts web, when he was like Boardering iran and iraq and just up from somalia, just looking at it on the map makes me feel safe HAHAHA
Reply 15
this is in 2022 we have no idea what Qatar will be like then a lot can change in 11 and a half years
Original post by ish90an
I think the bigger problem is why hold a world cup in a place that has a ban on alcohol and condemns homosexuality?

^ This.
Reply 17
Isn't the problem more that he's admitted they've sold the World Cup to a deeply homophobic country? People shouldn't be having sex in public anyway so having gay sex in a private room would still be ok, no real harm done, but now people can point out that, in his own admission, the human rights in that country suck.
Sepp Blatter is a bit of a tool.
Furthermore I don't think it was a good idea awarding Qatar the world cup.
Reply 19
Original post by Hopple
Isn't the problem more that he's admitted they've sold the World Cup to a deeply homophobic country? People shouldn't be having sex in public anyway so having gay sex in a private room would still be ok, no real harm done, but now people can point out that, in his own admission, the human rights in that country suck.

This. He sold the world cup, he doesn't give a crap about the venue or the players or the fans, its more money for him at the the of the day and i hope he is forced to resign for whatever reason and we can have some Eurovision style voting for the world cup instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending