The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
They say smart casual. In my induction people were in 'smart trousers', fitted tops/shirts and the blokes wore ties. :smile:

OK, I was gonna go for that as well. Thanks for the confirmation :smile:
Aww, drats! :banghead: I've just been rejected by them :frown:. I called them again tonight, and apparently I hadn't got back to them on time about whether I could come to the induction (well, they were terrible at picking up the phone that day :rolleyes: ). And so it turns out, they went and filled in all their vacancy spots, without me :sigh:.
Never mind though, I'm gonna try for Harrods now. Bye for now.
Working 31 hours this week. Feel like I live in Sainsbury's lol.
Original post by Schumacher
Working 31 hours this week. Feel like I live in Sainsbury's lol.

Lol, I know the feeling!! From next Sunday till next Thursday (When I finish) I'll be in 30 hours. If I wasn't going to this funeral on Wednesday I would be working every day from tomorrow until the 23rd!
Original post by kirsty142
Lol, I know the feeling!! From next Sunday till next Thursday (When I finish) I'll be in 30 hours. If I wasn't going to this funeral on Wednesday I would be working every day from tomorrow until the 23rd!

Aye, customers tell me that whenever they're in the shop I'm always there :redface:
It's not bad when your work is varied but when its hours upon hours of tills it takes its toll. It's good money that helps pay off Christmas stuff though so can't complain too much.

Sorry to hear about the funeral, hope you're ok :frown:
Reply 7125
Original post by Domminitio
Really like a work collegue, dont know her, what shall I do ? :s-smilie:

Which department do you/does she work on?
Reply 7126
Original post by Domminitio
Really like a work collegue, dont know her, what shall I do ? :s-smilie:

Wow my COUSIN is a funny guy, sorry bout' that post :h:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Aww, drats! :banghead: I've just been rejected by them :frown:. I called them again tonight, and apparently I hadn't got back to them on time about whether I could come to the induction (well, they were terrible at picking up the phone that day :rolleyes: ). And so it turns out, they went and filled in all their vacancy spots, without me :sigh:.
Never mind though, I'm gonna try for Harrods now. Bye for now.

Really? that's awful:| if that's what their organisational skills are like then maybe you were better off not going :yep:
Original post by inksplodge
Really? that's awful:| if that's what their organisational skills are like then maybe you were better off not going :yep:

Yeah, I guess so. Tbh, this isn't the first time they've let me down. The first time I turned up for my interview, I got told that the interviewer couldn't come in because of the snow, and for some reason they hadn't thought to ring me up before I'd actually arrived :rolleyes:. And now this :facepalm2:. And I feel a little bad angering my tutor when I told her I'm going to be missing some lessons for the induction :o:

Oh well, no point being bitter. I'll just have to take this as a learning experience. Luckily, as a convenient backup, I have an interview lined up at Harrods, so hopefully I'll have better luck with that :smile:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah, I guess so. Tbh, this isn't the first time they've let me down. The first time I turned up for my interview, I got told that the interviewer couldn't come in because of the snow, and for some reason they hadn't thought to ring me up before I'd actually arrived :rolleyes:. And now this :facepalm2:. And I feel a little bad angering my tutor when I told her I'm going to be missing some lessons for the induction :o:

Oh well, no point being bitter. I'll just have to take this as a learning experience. Luckily, as a convenient backup, I have an interview lined up at Harrods, so hopefully I'll have better luck with that :smile:

i reckon harrods will be so much better :biggrin: good luck!
i've got my interview coming up soon.

one of the questions i HATE that i usually get at interviews is "what do you know about ... sainsburys"

what should i say if i get asked this question?
Original post by number-11

one of the questions i HATE that i usually get at interviews is "what do you know about ... sainsburys"

I just went 'Er...they're a big company?' lol, mention Active Kids, something about Fairtrade maybe? Possibly something about being the main sponsor of the Paralympics in 2012? :dontknow: Sorry :P
Reply 7133
You could talk about some of the other things they deal with as well (banking, insurance, etc)

haha, I was asked this question! I went completely blank and just said, I know that they don't just sell food, they sell other products too, like electrical products and clothes!
I then repeated this a couple of times I think! But I still got the job, so you know.. this question isn't the main thing you have to worry about!
Original post by shooting.star
haha, I was asked this question! I went completely blank and just said, I know that they don't just sell food, they sell other products too, like electrical products and clothes!
I then repeated this a couple of times I think! But I still got the job, so you know.. this question isn't the main thing you have to worry about!

Ditto to not knowing what to say. I rambled on about how they were known for quality products and good customer service, and how they focused on things like that rather than trying to market themselves purely on cheap prices.

I think the DVD test is the main thing. Don't you have to score a certain amount before they will hire you?

PM me :wink:
If my stores closed on Christmas day and boxing day would I still have to go in?
I'm on tills by the way.
Reply 7138
There is not a single in-store job for greater london, how is this possible @_@
Reply 7139
Original post by Saliency
If my stores closed on Christmas day and boxing day would I still have to go in?
I'm on tills by the way.

Talk to your manager about a shift swap - but it is known for checkout people to go into store and help fill the shelves for Boxing Day.

Latest

Trending

Trending