The Student Room Group

Ladies, do you like it when a man kisses your hand when he meets you...?

Scroll to see replies

Only if he bows as well.
just born in the wrong century ey buddy
Reply 42
Definitely not, I prefer to shake hands :fyi:
Reply 43
i dunno..i mean..what if he slobbers..I can't control that..so that'd be a no...ee.disgusting...
Reply 44
No, I don't like it.
I had two guys kiss my hand when I was on a night out and I found it quite gentleman like!
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?

I've only ever had it done at work (in a bar) by creepy old men...so no, I don't really like it
Original post by SoulfulBoy
You like licking fallic objects...:colondollar:

Haha :biggrin: I actually just like ending posts on here with this smiley. But maybe my subconscious is involved in the choice of this, trying to tell me something, so yeah, feel free to interpret it as my interest in licking phallic objects ;D :lollypop:
Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?

If you pronounce "enchanté" wrong, then it's a resounding fail.
Yes i love it.
Its weird but for some reason i like it and i wouldnt know how to respond but im sure it will make me go crazy especially if the guy is good looking and he's wearing a coat and tie. :love:
I think it's normal on social parties, but doing it randomly is just weird.
Original post by Luceria

Original post by Luceria

Hilarious!
Who's that guy? He looks like a bully, no offence. :p:
Reply 51
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Yes i love it.
Its weird but for some reason i like it and i wouldnt know how to respond but im sure it will make me go crazy especially if the guy is good looking and he's wearing a coat and tie. :love:
I think it's normal on social parties, but doing it randomly is just weird.

Lol, a kiss on the hand would drive you crazy? haha :P
Reply 52
No, it's weird.
Original post by explore

Original post by explore
Lol, a kiss on the hand would drive you crazy? haha :P

Haha yes. I know it's weird but i find it classy. :p:
Reply 54
Aggressive feminism has made this a thing of the past, along with offering one's seat. I'm 19 and I sat on the seat at the front of the bus today which is reserved for elderly people, as there were no available seats. Some old lady got on and as soon as she'd finished paying I stood up and gave her my seat knowing that the only seats were right at the back. She didn't even say thank you; sat there for literally 15 seconds before getting up and walking all the way to the back. So I was left standing, which I didn't really mind. Tbh, she might not have been that old, but she certainly looked it.
Reply 55
Original post by awais590
Even if they kissed you on the hand and made that face in your sig? :rofl:

I make that face all the time. :sexface:
Original post by spazman21
You'd have to be very good-looking, extremely confident and ridiculously charming... even then they would be "creeped-out." So you'd have to follow it with some seriosuly alluring chat.

The fact that you made this thread suggests you're not confident enough to do this (no offence).

Edit: Woaaa!! After re-reading your post, I noticed you say "enchante" after kissing her hand??! Did you get the spelling wrong, or where you trying to be "charming."

enchanté means something like "charmed/pleased to meet you", its french
Reply 57
Original post by WhySoLimey
enchanté means something like "charmed/pleased to meet you", its french

I think it might possibly mean "enchanted".

Anyway, kissing hands is the ultimate in creepy pretensiousness. Girls will think you're weird and slightly scary and men will try to find a reason to punch you in the mouth.

if ur french then maybe fine...but it's a bit weird...
If u do it with charms and in a little joky way then it's ok I think :wink:
It's so charming and sweet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending