The Student Room Group

Do Girls think Their Better then Boy's?

basically if a boy takes the girl to the picture's she will not expect to pay. even if they had not mentioned who's paying what the girl should not just assume that she doesn't have to pay. Also it's the same going for a meal. the girl's seem to think that everything in the world is free. I see a lot of my friends being taken for a mug recently. How would Girls feel if they went to the cinema with their Boyfriend and got to the pay point at the cinema, and the boy say's i brought no money as i thought you were paying. I bet the girl's would find this disrespectful.
So you girls out there who think you can take your boyfriend for a ride, think again! Have some Respect!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I blame it on EMA.
Reply 2
Original post by markberry91
basically...

girls* they're* better* than* boys*...

That's the title fixed, for starters... :rolleyes:
nah! I actually offered to pay the last time and he was all like "no it's on me!" so I'll just buy him a coffee the next time :smile:

but yes we do think we are better if we know to use "then" and "than" correctly :tongue:
Reply 4
Men have to pay for their women at cinemas, restaurants etc. but ofcourse the western culture is encouraging men to act like lady-boys, i.e. skinny jeans wearning, from girlfriend running when attacked, she should pay for herself, i'll cut myself if you leave me battymen.
Reply 5
its annoying when people assume that your paying to the point where they dont bring money. people should split the bill if girls want to be equals then they have to accept the drawbacks aswell as the rewards. Most girls (the nice ones anyway) offer to pay their half and then most people turn them down but to being no money at all is just rude
Reply 6

The spelling and grammar in the OP and title makes me want to cry.

An apostrophe in a plural? Really?
Reply 7
It's tradition, stop moaning. If your bountiful generosity means you impress her and get laid, where's the problem exactly?
depends on the girl. not all of them expect guys to pay.
Reply 9

This thread burned my eyes.
The trouble is that if a dude doesn't spend money on a girl, she knows that there are 1000s of other guys out there just desperate to splash some cash around, so it makes her that bit more inclined to try someone else.

Personally I have never, ever bought stuff "for a girl" (obviously I've bought things for girls one way or another but I mean, not a girl that I was trying to impress or be romantic with), and likely never will.
That's because boys are made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails :hand:
I don't know any girls that expect their boyfriends to pay for them.
Original post by JCC-MGS
I don't know any girls that expect their boyfriends to pay for them.

You're from Dudley, God will forgive you.
Reply 14
Original post by SomaliMan
Men have to pay for their women at cinemas, restaurants etc. but ofcourse the western culture is encouraging men to act like lady-boys, i.e. skinny jeans wearning, from girlfriend running when attacked, she should pay for herself, i'll cut myself if you leave me battymen.

if women want to be truely equal how can they not pay with out sending the message that "im equal when its to my advantage". Western culture if not turning men into "lady-boys" their are some extreams that go to that length but generally men are more open but not "lady-boys"
Original post by markberry91
basically if a boy takes the girl to the picture's she will not expect to pay. even if they had not mentioned who's paying what the girl should not just assume that she doesn't have to pay. Also it's the same going for a meal. the girl's seem to think that everything in the world is free. I see a lot of my friends being taken for a mug recently. How would Girls feel if they went to the cinema with their Boyfriend and got to the pay point at the cinema, and the boy say's i brought no money as i thought you were paying. I bet the girl's would find this disrespectful.
So you girls out there who think you can take your boyfriend for a ride, think again! Have some Respect!!

In conclusion, OP is bitter because his friends are getting dates and he isn't
Original post by IlexBlue
The spelling and grammar in the OP and title makes me want to cry.

An apostrophe in a plural? Really?

laugh instead it's much better than crying
Original post by DOA
if women want to be truely equal how can they not pay with out sending the message that "im equal when its to my advantage". Western culture if not turning men into "lady-boys" their are some extreams that go to that length but generally men are more open but not "lady-boys"

We're equal yes but not the same, honestly just thinking about someone not wanting to pay for their girlfriend/wife makes me sick. Its like holding the door open for people, just because you do it doesn't make them unequal.
Reply 18
We're equal yes but not the same, honestly just thinking about someone not wanting to pay for their girlfriend/wife makes me sick. Its like holding the door open for people, just because you do it doesn't make them unequal.

but dont you agree your wife/gf EXPECTING you to pay to the point they dont bring any money is wrong. That whole man paying for a women thing is a throwback to when women couldnt work and her money is just as good as yours
Reply 19

How is it like that?
What if your girlfriend/wife is rather demanding?

Personally I respect a girl who's willing to pay for her half, most of my ex girlfriends wouldn't let me pay for them, I insisted once and moved on - realising that there really is no point in paying for them unless its a treat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending