The Student Room Group

Do Girls think Their Better then Boy's?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
In conclusion, OP is bitter because his friends are getting dates and he isn't

Hey I'm lucky and in a fortunate position to pay for my girlfriend when we go out. The point I am trying to make here is that both side's should be 50/50. My girlfriend is on less money than me but she's know's that just because I earn more money than she does, does not mean that she can't fork out to. And I don't expect her to most of the time. But when we go places we both like to split the bill and cost's of things equally.
Original post by DOA
but dont you agree your wife/gf EXPECTING you to pay to the point they dont bring any money is wrong. That whole man paying for a women thing is a throwback to when women couldnt work and her money is just as good as yours

Well ofcourse a woman should bring money with her, I mean what if a group of Jamaicans rob you, and they only want the womans money or they'll kill you both.
Reply 22
Well, I know the difference between their and they're which is one up on you. :lolwut:

My boyfriend and I have always split the bill though, most girls I know do the same.
Reply 23
The 'Pictures'?
Are you from the 90's or something, kinda shows in the attitude..
Reply 24
me and my gf take turns paying for eath other. We get money at different times so we pay for the other one when our turn comes around. She now has to buy me 7 at this point vecause I paid for the last few (going to be a fun dec and jan)
Original post by Efikal :D
How is it like that?
What if your girlfriend/wife is rather demanding?

Personally I respect a girl who's willing to pay for her half, most of my ex girlfriends wouldn't let me pay for them, I insisted once and moved on - realising that there really is no point in paying for them unless its a treat.

I personally don't know how white/western people do things, but that isn't ok where i'm from. I was watching this Turkish show once, where a couple where at a restaurant, the man wanted to pay but the woman said she would pay and she did, when the man found out he left the restaurant in anger lol, having a girl pay is like castration man.
Original post by markberry91
basically if a boy takes the girl to the picture's she will not expect to pay. even if they had not mentioned who's paying what the girl should not just assume that she doesn't have to pay. Also it's the same going for a meal. the girl's seem to think that everything in the world is free. I see a lot of my friends being taken for a mug recently. How would Girls feel if they went to the cinema with their Boyfriend and got to the pay point at the cinema, and the boy say's i brought no money as i thought you were paying. I bet the girl's would find this disrespectful.
So you girls out there who think you can take your boyfriend for a ride, think again! Have some Respect!!

No girls don't think everything is free. If it's not a date then girls often do pay their own way.
So now girls don't think they are better than boys.
Reply 27
Original post by SomaliMan
I personally don't know how white/western people do things, but that isn't ok where i'm from. I was watching this Turkish show once, where a couple where at a restaurant, the man wanted to pay but the woman said she would pay and she did, when the man found out he left the restaurant in anger lol, having a girl pay is like castration man.

You assume I'm white?
And his anger shows how men think that they are actually better than girls, in contrast to the thread title.. why does he HAVE to pay?
Reply 28
We're equal yes but not the same, honestly just thinking about someone not wanting to pay for their girlfriend/wife makes me sick. Its like holding the door open for people, just because you do it doesn't make them unequal.

If your not going to read the thread first then I'd rather you not reply. In the thread I state that Boy's SHOULD pay for girls. Just not every single time. Just as girl's SHOULD pay for boy's. Just not every single time. basically the point I'm making is it should be 50/50 between the 2.
You obviously have not read this thread carefully have you? It take's up a lot of my time replying to comment's that have been sent by those who haven't a clue what the conversation is as they don't read the thread properly. So next time don't bother replying unless you know what your replying to. OK?
Original post by Efikal :D
You assume I'm white?
And his anger shows how men think that they are actually better than girls, in contrast to the thread title.. why does he HAVE to pay?

TSR has a white majority, so unless you've got a pic of Saddam Hussein as avatar you're white. His anger doesn't show that he's better but that he got shamed, big time. A man is supposed to pay on a date, end of.

Would you think its ok, for a woman to hold the door open for her husband at some fancy restaurant?
If your not going to read the thread first then I'd rather you not reply. In the thread I state that Boy's SHOULD pay for girls. Just not every single time. Just as girl's SHOULD pay for boy's. Just not every single time. basically the point I'm making is it should be 50/50 between the 2.
You obviously have not read this thread carefully have you? It take's up a lot of my time replying to comment's that have been sent by those who haven't a clue what the conversation is as they don't read the thread properly. So next time don't bother replying unless you know what your replying to. OK?

I have read it, but i still don't agree 50/50 on a date, is shamefull. I feel sorry for your girlfriend.
If someone invites you out, you offer to go Dutch. If they insist on paying, great.
If you invite someone out, don't expect them to go Dutch. If they insist on going Dutch, great.

Applicable to both genders, no exceptions made for anybody. Problem solved. Can OP go learn some spelling now?
basically if a boy takes the girl to the picture's she will not expect to pay. even if they had not mentioned who's paying what the girl should not just assume that she doesn't have to pay. Also it's the same going for a meal. the girl's seem to think that everything in the world is free. I see a lot of my friends being taken for a mug recently. How would Girls feel if they went to the cinema with their Boyfriend and got to the pay point at the cinema, and the boy say's i brought no money as i thought you were paying. I bet the girl's would find this disrespectful.
So you girls out there who think you can take your boyfriend for a ride, think again! Have some Respect!!

Well they're better at grammar than you...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
It's because women belong in front of the stove, while men have to go out and earn money.
Original post by jimcatinnes
Well they're better at grammar then you...

Buried.
Reply 35
TSR has a white majority, so unless you've got a pic of Saddam Hussein as avatar you're white. His anger doesn't show that he's better but that he got shamed, big time. A man is supposed to pay on a date, end of.

Would you think its ok, for a woman to hold the door open for her husband at some fancy restaurant?

Well no, I am not white FYI nor am I asian.
And as for your door comment - it is something I do for anyone - male or female and when a female does it for me - I think nothing of it :smile:

To think it is shame is to think he is better, as he wants to assert his dominance and why else would someone want to dominate?
Well yes, if their spelling is as atrocious as that.

Anyway, not all girls expect the man to pay - it's just the old fashioned way of dates. I normally pay half way any time I go to the cinema or out to dinner with someone.
Reply 37
What? Oh not again. "Oh all women in the entire world are horrible, nasty people!".... Getting old. I can predict how this thread will go. It'll attract the misogynistic trolls that dwell here (Jimbo will surely make this thread his new home).

I don't expect anyone to pay for me. Male or female. I feel bad, and then I feel like I owe them something.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38

So long as they pay back with sex I'll let in slide.

preferrably at the cinema to spice things up if the movies crap.
Original post by Luceria

I don't expect anyone to pay for me. Male or female. I feel bad, and then I feel like I owe them something.

We both know how you can repay him. :fan:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending