The Student Room Group

Should I tell her she's fat and ugly?

Scroll to see replies

She may be fat and ugly, but your social skills are so poor that you must consult TSR on how to tactfully turn down a girl? That's even more tragic!
(edited 13 years ago)
tell her that she'd better put accurate pictures of hers on that dating website from now on.

its just funny how people like to lie to themselves that they are beautiful by only putting nice pictures. Some, even worse, use other people's photos.
Original post by cttp_ngaf
I met this girl online, and I saw a couple of photos, she seemed pretty enough. We spoke a bit and she asked if I wanted to meet up. I agreed, but we didn't arrange anything. Then I added her on FB and, uh oh, she's actually awfully ugly, fat and pretty weird all round.

I no longer wish to meet up with her. She has just asked me when I'm free.

Shall I delay and delay and delay until she loses interest?
Shall I just block her and vanish?
Shall I tell her that having seen more accurate pictures of her I now don't want to meet up?

Or I guess there's the option of meeting with her but being an awful bore and seeming extremely disinterested - she'd get the hint.

Because someone who is 'fat and ugly' is really going to not let desperation colour their response to your dismissive behaviour right?

Vanish, you don;t know her and you don't really owe her anything.

You could of course be a gentleman and at least say "hey to be honest I don't really want to pursue whatever this is any more, sorry" but yeah.

Your problem.
Reply 23
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Because someone who is 'fat and ugly' is really going to not let desperation colour their response to your dismissive behaviour right?

I don't understand this bit, I assume it's some kind of awkward sarcasm but I don't know what it "really" means, haha.

Original post by Studentus-anonymous

Vanish

Innit, probably the best option. Being honest with girls about anything, even a tiny little bit, is a recipe for disaster.
Just vanish. Any of the other options is just plain wrong and cruel.
Reply 25
Original post by Huskaris
She'll probably swallow on the bright side... Every cloud and all that.

lol at your sig :biggrin: I'll neg rep you
Reply 26
Say you've chickened out. Kind of true, isn't it?
Original post by ilovethekooks
tell her that she'd better put accurate pictures of hers on that dating website from now on.

its just funny how people like to lie to themselves that they are beautiful by only putting nice pictures. Some, even worse, use other people's photos.

And why would people put horrible pictures up of themselves? Some aren't very photogenic, so the pictures that complement their looks are better than those that ruin them.

OP, all I could say is I think your approach is really shallow. If you genuinely don't want to meet her because of this reason, then I'd follow others advice and block her, but be subtle about it. Otherwise, I would meet her for one date to see if looks are all that are accountable.

You never know, she might actually be your type, even if she isn't highly attractive.
Reply 28
I would just block her tbh.. She'll probably forget fairly quickly.

Also, your comment that you should never be honest with girls... That's crap. Tactful, yes. Liar, no.
Don't tell her she's fat and ugly, that's just rude. o.o
Just vanish. You met her online and have never actually met in person so it wouldn't be that odd.
Original post by DanielleT192
And why would people put horrible pictures up of themselves? Some aren't very photogenic, so the pictures that complement their looks are better than those that ruin them.

I didnt mean that people should put horrible pictures of theirs. They should put pictures in which they look good and normal, those that are as close to the real person as possible.
I have noticed that on some dating websites, girls only put really really gorgeous pictures. I mean, whats the point? i agree that its nice when people comment that "you're hot", "you're sexy, gorgeous" blah blah blah but whats the point in living in the dream world when you're actually not that beautiful. It's just sad lying to yourself seriously!!
Original post by BambieWambie
Meet her and bring cake

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
yes like everyone says vanish.don't communicate.
Just let her know you've changed your mind for some reason, maybe say you met another person or you need to spend more time on studying and nows not the right time for dating. its not really gonna be nice if you vanish and leave are in the dark - the least you can do for her is be nice and do the right thing. don't hurt her feelings please it could have a bigger impact on her than you realise
Original post by draikzer
Pif. OP is not shallow.

Girls calling OP shallow are just trying to make themselves feel better about being ugly.

If it was the same situation a girl wouldnt think twice about blocking an ugly guy.

Im not call?ng OP shallow but if you are not shallow than you can at least be kind enough to not tell her your opinions about her body to her face. That would probably kill her self esteem.

Don't you think it would be like a woman d?rectly telling him his 'john thomans' was too small. So whatever you decide to do (or have already done) that's up to you. You are the one who has to l?ve with it.

/only my thoughts
You could just be friends, say you have no romantic feelings for her.

"Romantic feelings" in this case being a euphemism for "boner".
Reply 38
Original post by lynds81
I would just block her tbh.. She'll probably forget fairly quickly.

Also, your comment that you should never be honest with girls... That's crap. Tactful, yes. Liar, no.

I'm not sure what the distinction is, really. Either way you're choosing words that are less direct, less accurate, less "honest", in order to provoke a good (or less bad) reaction from someone.

Original post by DanielleT192

You never know, she might actually be your type, even if she isn't highly attractive.

I can't imagine ever being into someone who I didn't find physically attractive. I'd feel disgusted about ever hugging her let alone having sex or kissing, eurgh. It just couldn't happen.

Original post by Zebracolors
Don't you think it would be like a woman d?rectly telling him his 'john thomans' was too small.

That doesn't actually bother me, I know exactly how big/small my dick is and how it compares to other men. It doesn't change according to what people say.
If i were you, i would just be friend with her, thats the best she can get from me at least..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending