The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roblee
Well sh*t, you just burst my little bubble of self-confidence. I didn't know they'd even started considering applicants yet, and you go and get one within a month of applying :frown:

You are going to Imperial. Nuff said. If you don't, I shall personally get the quickest train to Nottingham, hunt you down and abduct you from your home. And your parents will never see you again. Ever.

Spoiler

Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by nikita_atikin
You are going to Imperial. Nuff said. If you don't, I shall personally get the quickest train to Nottingham, hunt you down and abduct you from your home. And your parents will never see you again. Ever.

Spoiler

OKOKOK, OK, please, just put the paedo shark down! :eek:
Original post by roblee
OKOKOK, OK, please, just put the paedo shark down! :eek:

Paedo shark wants you if you don't go to Imperial. He's watching you, Robin Lee.

Spoiler

Reply 83
Original post by roblee
Well sh*t, you just burst my little bubble of self-confidence. I didn't know they'd even started considering applicants yet, and you go and get one within a month of applying :frown:

Haha, sorry about that! Yeah they were pretty quick to respond. The maths department probably dealt with my application though, hence the quick response. But apparently you don't have any option other than Imperial according to nikita, so no worries. :tongue:
Reply 84
Original post by chrypton
Haha, sorry about that! Yeah they were pretty quick to respond. The maths department probably dealt with my application though, hence the quick response. But apparently you don't have any option other than Imperial according to nikita, so no worries. :tongue:

Life will be perfect once I get this damn :colone: shark to stop following me
(also, I just noticed you're from Norway; no wonder you got an offer first :biggrin:)
Reply 85
Original post by roblee
(also, I just noticed you're from Norway; no wonder you got an offer first :biggrin:)

Ah yes of course. Who are you going to respond to first? The person who will be giving you 10-13K a year or 3K a year? :tongue:

Well, back me up here chrypton,
Imperial > Edinburgh
Imperial = Better opportunities; More fun; London; Me
If Edinburgh > Imperial
Then Rob is delusional

Original post by roblee

:colone:
Reply 87
Well, back me up here chrypton,
Imperial > Edinburgh
Imperial = Better opportunities; More fun; London; Me
If Edinburgh > Imperial
Then Rob is delusional

Your program is buggy...lol :wink:
I'm sure you could have equally many reasons to pick Edinburgh :colone:
Reply 88
Original post by lucia.medina
Woww, congratulations!
Ive applied for EEE too, although I hvent received an offer yet. Besides Ive been invited to an interview, did you attend to one of those?

Sorry, haven't checked back on TSR. Thank you :smile:. If I remember correctly, I had my interview on the 10th Nov (The Chinese ONLY Interview), and got my offer 2 weeks later.
Good luck with yours!:cool:

Original post by Jiamenguk
I've got an offer for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, A*AAA... dreading that A in Chemistry...

A*AAA? Is one of them AS F-Maths? I thought standard offer was A*AA
Reply 89
Original post by Ekster
YES! Offer for Comp Sci! :biggrin: And I only had my interview last Wednesday! Awesome! :biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats on getting into Imperial, & good luck with not actually having to go there :wink: #notbitteratall
Reply 90
I'm sure you could have equally many reasons to pick Edinburgh :colone:

What's the big deal about Edinburgh? I live not that far from it and it's really not that exciting, London would be better than Edinburgh for sure!
Reply 91
Original post by roblee
Congrats on getting into Imperial, & good luck with not actually having to go there :wink: #notbitteratall

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "not actually having to go there"? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Ekster
Thanks, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "not actually having to go there"? :smile:

...You applied for Cambridge too, right? I'm sure I saw you on the applicants' thread, and I'd imagine that you'd prefer it to Imperial so wouldn't be joining us if you got the offer :tongue:
Original post by Ekster

Woo... you joined the cool club! All comp scientists have got offers haha! :woo:
Reply 94
Original post by Dark-Myth
Sorry, haven't checked back on TSR. Thank you :smile:. If I remember correctly, I had my interview on the 10th Nov (The Chinese ONLY Interview), and got my offer 2 weeks later.
Good luck with yours!:cool:

A*AAA? Is one of them AS F-Maths? I thought standard offer was A*AA

Well, that's the thing, I do A2 Double Maths, on UCAS it implies that I need to get A*AAA in all of my A2's, but their email to me indicated an A in AS further, even though I'm already doing A2 Further

I do Double Maths, Physics and Chemistry all in A2
(edited 13 years ago)
Got my offer last week -A*A*Aa, the A*'s need to be in Maths & FM

Applied for Comp Sci - quite a tough offer no?
Reply 96
Original post by roblee
...You applied for Cambridge too, right? I'm sure I saw you on the applicants' thread, and I'd imagine that you'd prefer it to Imperial so wouldn't be joining us if you got the offer :tongue:

Yea I applied for Cambridge as well, but haven't heard back from them yet. I don't know, if I do get an offer from Cambridge (:crossedf:) then it will be a really tough choice between it and Imperial... I haven't made up my mind yet.:smile:
Reply 97
Woo... you joined the cool club! All comp scientists have got offers haha! :woo:

Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by Jiamenguk
Well, that's the thing, I do A2 Double Maths, on UCAS it implies that I need to get A*AAA in all of my A2's, but their email to me indicated an A in AS further, even though I'm already doing A2 Further

I do Double Maths, Physics and Chemistry all in A2

Really! I'd take the A in AS further maths any day!
I do Maths, F-Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography :P
Offer for EEE MEng A*AA

happy

Quick Reply