The Student Room Group

Girls - what tactics do you use to get a guy to notice you?

As it says really. Just curious & think it might help me read people better.

I seem to get bumped into randomly sometimes and then the girl says sorry and just sort of lingers.... Is this a ploy that some of you use? Any others?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rohypnol :borat:
The bumping thing possibly is a conversation starter.... Not literally bumping into someone means syaing hi lol, but like the typical movie, bump into girl... help pick her paper up, eye contact... in love... :P

Or... you was just in her way
Reply 3
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
The bumping thing possibly is a conversation starter.... Not literally bumping into someone means syaing hi lol, but like the typical movie, bump into girl... help pick her paper up, eye contact... in love... :P

Or... you was just in her way

No it's happened a few times and was pretty obvious. One of them was standing next to me, looked at me then sort of shoulder barged me, said sorry then just looked at me. I was trying to get with this other girl at the time though so I didn't chat her up.
Get my tits out.
Original post by Steezy
No it's happened a few times and was pretty obvious. One of them was standing next to me, looked at me then sort of shoulder barged me, said sorry then just looked at me. I was trying to get with this other girl at the time though so I didn't chat her up.

If you was going to chat her up........ Why would it make any difference whether she's slyly hinting to you to tlk to her
Original post by Dogatonic
Rohypnol :borat:

LOL
Original post by snowyowl
Get my tits out.

Damn, you beat me to it.
Reply 8
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
If you was going to chat her up........ Why would it make any difference whether she's slyly hinting to you to tlk to her

I wasn't going to chat her up & I didn't. I'm asking the girls of TSR what actions they use to get a guy to talk to them. Your post confuses me.
Original post by Steezy
I wasn't going to chat her up & I didn't. I'm asking the girls of TSR what actions they use to get a guy to talk to them. Your post confuses me.

Well ... Eye contact is probably the only one, coming to think of it...
Reply 10
Chloroform.

I walk past and make brief eye contact. No, seriously. More often than not the guy grabs me and pulls me back haha. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Sweet_Heart
I walk past and make brief eye contact. No, seriously. More often than not the guy grabs me and pulls me back haha. :biggrin:

See, when a girl does that to me I don't know what to do about it. Because that might be the first time she looked at you, so how do you know she likes what she sees? Also, the glance might not mean anything, just caught your eye?
Make-up.

I also tend to make eye contact a number of times, and like hold it. If that makes sense.
Original post by Steezy
See, when a girl does that to me I don't know what to do about it. Because that might be the first time she looked at you, so how do you know she likes what she sees? Also, the glance might not mean anything, just caught your eye?

Go after her anyway, what have you got to lose? Ask her what her name is, if she'd like a drink etc. Girls are far more tactical than guys realise. Shy smiles as well = into you. If a girl is looking at you, she wants you to approach her, too shy to do it herself so she's trying to gauge a reaction from you. If you're not sure, stay where you are and watch her for a few minutes. People can tell when they are being watched, so if she likes you she'll turn back and look at you again/smile.

At least that's what I'd do. Come hither looks are my forte :smile:
Eye contact is what I notice all the time, so that's obviously the running signal for women who like what they see. Some chicks make it extremely obvious. I was in a coffee shop once, stood behind some big bloke and his wife, waiting to be served. The girl turned to me to take my order; instantly turned her 'happy voice' on, smiled as if she'd been injected with valium, and had a sudden spring when she walked about the coffee machine. I've never seen it so obvious in my entire life.

In my opinion, it's quite easy to pick up on-- girl walking past you on the street, in a bar across the room, coffee shop, clothes shop, wherever. Unless of course, you're one of these people who has their head pointed at the floor constantly-- in that case, you're going to miss everything (not a bash at anybody, though I notice many guys are lacking confidence these days).

Just look for the signs. Glance at every girl on the street, but don't stare. Unless you look like an absolute ogre, you'll get the occasional reciprocative look, then you're golden.
They use zeh eye contact technique :flutter:/:sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Eye contact & smiling (: goes a long way!
Reply 18
When I was single, if it's a guy I knew (as in, been introduced by friends, so he was a friend of a friend), I'd just smile at him lots, make eye contact, laugh at his jokes and just chat to him. I'd also be very tactile; touching his arm, knee. Bascially, I'd just flirt outrageously (but I wouldn't kiss him, no way! He has to make the first move).

If I didn't know him, then I'd glance at him, give huge grins and look away. Do this a couple of times to make it obvious. Then, I'd wait for him to talk to me and continue with all of the above.
I make eye contact, then when he "catches me" I look away as I smile . . . like "oops you caught me staring at you"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending