The Student Room Group

Girls - what tactics do you use to get a guy to notice you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by balface
When I was single, if it's a guy I knew (as in, been introduced by friends, so he was a friend of a friend), I'd just smile at him lots, make eye contact, laugh at his jokes and just chat to him. I'd also be very tactile; touching his arm, knee. Bascially, I'd just flirt outrageously (but I wouldn't kiss him, no way! He has to make the first move).

If I didn't know him, then I'd glance at him, give huge grins and look away. Do this a couple of times to make it obvious. Then, I'd wait for him to talk to me and continue with all of the above.

when you was single.. now how is it ? (: the eye contact remains for me, however when he see's me now he also looks when i begin smiling like crazi :biggrin:

The things guys can do <3
Original post by luvntravel
I make eye contact, then when he "catches me" I look away as I smile . . . like "oops you caught me staring at you"

I do this too. I feel like such a tease sometimes! :giggle:
Original post by Steezy
As it says really. Just curious & think it might help me read people better.

I seem to get bumped into randomly sometimes and then the girl says sorry and just sort of lingers.... Is this a ploy that some of you use? Any others?

"Oh my God, can you teach me how to _________________"

Works every time. :ninja:

And I meant like, play the guitar, learn a language -- nothing else TSR.
Reply 23
Original post by Luceria
Chloroform.

Ditto, beat me to it!
Fluttering my eyelashes at them.
Reply 25
Original post by Sushidelight

So the answer to chat up lines is to ask them to teach you something you have no idea if they know about?

So I randomly ask a girl to teach me French even though I've never spoken to her before?
Reply 26
It seems I have much to learn in this field...

So let me get this straight. When girls stare at you into your eyes as they walk past, they're not just looking at you, they like you?

*facepalm*
Reply 27
Original post by Don John
It seems I have much to learn in this field...

So let me get this straight. When girls stare at you into your eyes as they walk past, they're not just looking at you, they like you?

*facepalm*

depends on the way they are looking at you; if its just glancing then just looking, if like staring and the occasionally smile then most likely, but i wouldnt just base it on this! look for other signs :smile:

we aint that complicated! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by LondonLT
depends on the way they are looking at you; if its just glancing then just looking, if like staring and the occasionally smile then most likely, but i wouldnt just base it on this! look for other signs :smile:

we aint that complicated! :biggrin:

You are that complicated! :tongue: For example, I find certain girls in my class looking at me a lot, or seeming to sit in the row behind me often. I figured they were just looking, since they rarely smile?
Reply 29
Original post by LondonLT

we aren't that complicated! :biggrin:

okay?
Reply 30
I don't really... I'll wait for a guy to show that he's interested FIRST, then I'll just use the generic stuff like eye contact and smiling.
Reply 31
Original post by philistine
Eye contact is what I notice all the time, so that's obviously the running signal for women who like what they see.

...unless the hapless male merely has egg on is chin.
Reply 32
Original post by Sushidelight

I like the song in your sig-you got any more gd Lebanese Arabic music to look up?

I'm trying to find more Arabic Music to listen to!
This look :sexface:
Original post by Steezy
So the answer to chat up lines is to ask them to teach you something you have no idea if they know about?

So I randomly ask a girl to teach me French even though I've never spoken to her before?

You have to observant :biggrin: And take a "huge" interest...
Original post by bj_945
I like the song in your sig-you got any more gd Lebanese Arabic music to look up?

I'm trying to find more Arabic Music to listen to!

You learn well, young grasshopper :cool: Though on second thoughts, perhaps you shouldn't take my advice seriously --- I don't even take my advice seriously.

And I can just imagine you going up to some gangster woman in Brixton, asking to learn Chinese.... :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Original post by looking
okay?

okay to you too.
Reply 37
Original post by Blueflare
This look :sexface:

Surely it depends where the girl in question is.

If it is outdoors/in the cinema/beside a sports pitch then many girls may flutter their eyelids, fondle the object of their desire's knee/arm/face etc.

However, if it is in a more heated environment like a nightclub then many girls may tactically jiggle their titties and wiggle their bums with the bit in between brushing against the object of their desire's upper thighs. They may also fondle the object of their desire's crotch in the testicular region.
Reply 38
Original post by effofex
Surely it depends where the girl in question is.

If it is outdoors/in the cinema/beside a sports pitch then many girls may flutter their eyelids, fondle the object of their desire's knee/arm/face etc.

However, if it is in a more heated environment like a nightclub then many girls may tactically jiggle their titties and wiggle their bums with the bit in between brushing against the object of their desire's upper thighs. They may also fondle the object of their desire's crotch in the testicular region.

In the latter situation, I would assume the male has already noticed the female... Unless he is deaf, dumb & blind.

I'm talking about striking up convo/getting a guy's attention & subliminally asking for him to come and chat you up.
Original post by Don John
You are that complicated! :tongue: For example, I find certain girls in my class looking at me a lot, or seeming to sit in the row behind me often. I figured they were just looking, since they rarely smile?

Why would someone consistently look at you unless they liked you? Thiiink about it boys.

Quick Reply

Latest