The Student Room Group

Models at uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kerny
BA Modelling Studies and BSc Modelling Make-up Studies here we come.

ermm... i'm sensing some sarcasm here... guys lets just get over it! why are some people just so angry! if the girl just wanted to meet some other models, leave her be! she didn't mean any harm - and for the record, tablelamp does have some stuff between her ears

xx
Reply 41
Original post by darigan
i'm a food model, i dress up as a sunday roast, puddings, cakes etc. And have shoots done - i even played a stuffed turkey crown in an m&s advert a few months ago.
(thats me on the top right)

a lot of people say "wouldn't it just be easier for photographers to use actual meals", and the fact is that it just doesn't work, its hard to explain to people that aren't in the industry

omg lol :d
Reply 42
Original post by chutney1
ermm... i'm sensing some sarcasm here... guys lets just get over it! why are some people just so angry! if the girl just wanted to meet some other models, leave her be! she didn't mean any harm - and for the record, tablelamp does have some stuff between her ears

xx

Are you tablelamp?
Reply 43
Original post by Charlski
Are you tablelamp?

hi no, i am :smile: its in the name? and not to be rude but i think many of your comments are quite offensive? its just a thread...? there is absolutely no need to become patronising or draw on irrelevant subjects, personally i try not to go out of my way to offend people, if you find this thread offensive simply dont write on it :smile: all the best tablelamps

(for verification that this is tablelamps, please see the name above this post)

xxx
Reply 44
Original post by tablelamp
hi no, i am :smile: its in the name? and not to be rude but i think many of your comments are quite offensive? its just a thread...? there is absolutely no need to become patronising or draw on irrelevant subjects, personally i try not to go out of my way to offend people, if you find this thread offensive simply dont write on it :smile: all the best tablelamps

(for verification that this is tablelamps, please see the name above this post)

xxx

Indeed, but have you ever heard of multiple accounts? It's happened before - if you're not the same person posting on 2 accounts then that's fine, but the only post 'chutney1' has made is defending you and it's written in a very similar way to your style of writing. You've got to admit that looks a bit suspicious, no?

I actually only posted because I found your ignorance offensive. It's a forum, anyone can post wherever they like and if I object to something, I will not hold back from making my objection.
Reply 45
Indeed, but have you ever heard of multiple accounts? It's happened before - if you're not the same person posting on 2 accounts then that's fine, but the only post 'chutney1' has made is defending you and it's written in a very similar way to your style of writing. You've got to admit that looks a bit suspicious, no?

I actually only posted because I found your ignorance offensive. It's a forum, anyone can post wherever they like and if I object to something, I will not hold back from making my objection.

uhhmmm yeah im pretty sure she is a real person! i know her outside of the world of forums ahaha honestly i dont think i care quite as much as you seem to about the importance of a forum about sharing a common career, at least not to the fake account extent! i dont really see how ive been ignorant in wanting to chat to fellow models and though you may be at liberty to insult people you dont know because of their career choice, it doesnt really speak volumes of you if ur idea of fun is random hatred.

please feel free to exercise your right to post wherever you like on a thread that seemingly offends you xX
Original post by Huskaris
Yeah, all the manual workers might have something in common to discuss, like the best type of screwdriver to use, or the best cement mix, or the best price for a product. But what can you really talk about on here? The best way to pull a footballer? The best way to not dribble when you talk because your brain doesn't naturally do it for you because it's so dull, or the best way to act in a way which best makes everyone around you feel inferior...

Actually, you are right, a thread for you probably would be useful...

I lol'd. Well done sir.
On another note, OP reminded me of this:

Reply 48
uhhmmm yeah im pretty sure she is a real person! i know her outside of the world of forums ahaha honestly i dont think i care quite as much as you seem to about the importance of a forum about sharing a common career, at least not to the fake account extent! i dont really see how ive been ignorant in wanting to chat to fellow models and though you may be at liberty to insult people you dont know because of their career choice, it doesnt really speak volumes of you if ur idea of fun is random hatred.

please feel free to exercise your right to post wherever you like on a thread that seemingly offends you xX

I'm in no way insulting your career choice, I have nothing against modelling whatsoever. However, what I do have something against is people like you making silly comments like 'Ummm well, in a way we are normal but we just have much busier lives you know: shoots, work outs... it gets hectic ', for reasons I pointed out earlier on.
Original post by WhuTom
Hey this is a thread for all the shallow materialistic people at uni where we can put ourselves above others while laughing and looking down upon the uglies! :smile:

:facepalm:

Or ugly people are bad people and try to bring down all the pretty ones.:rolleyes:
Reply 50
Original post by CB91
On another note, OP reminded me of this:

just no
Reply 51
I'm in no way insulting your career choice, I have nothing against modelling whatsoever. However, what I do have something against is people like you making silly comments like 'Ummm well, in a way we are normal but we just have much busier lives you know: shoots, work outs... it gets hectic ', for reasons I pointed out earlier on.

dont really get whats wrong with saying that, compared to the average 17 year old its a pretty busy lifestyle... sorry im not a manual labourer but like i said, if you feel that strongly about people who choose to operate heavy machinery or whatever why not make a thread and feel some sense of justice has been returned to the world. how petty
Reply 52
dont really get whats wrong with saying that, compared to the average 17 year old its a pretty busy lifestyle... sorry im not a manual labourer but like i said, if you feel that strongly about people who choose to operate heavy machinery or whatever why not make a thread and feel some sense of justice has been returned to the world. how petty

I personally have not said anything about manual labour. If you had bothered to re-read what I had posted, you would have seen it said 'And the thousands of people who have jobs/kids/whatever whilst at uni don't also have busy, hectic lives?'
Reply 53
Original post by CB91
I lol'd. Well done sir.

I do it all for you :-D haha
just no

:yes:
Original post by Huskaris
I do it all for you :-D haha

I would pos rep your post but apparently ive used it all today. :dontknow:
Reply 56
I personally have not said anything about manual labour. If you had bothered to re-read what I had posted, you would have seen it said 'And the thousands of people who have jobs/kids/whatever whilst at uni don't also have busy, hectic lives?'

ummmm modelling is a job? the whole point which i feel you have not fully grasped is that this thread is for modelllssss! so sure those with kids or whatever may have busy lives but thats not really anything to do with this thread is it! in fact some models have kids and im sure there is a model who had a kid at uni somewhere so what is the issue bbe?! x

I can guarentee you will look back at this and cringe. Professing yourself to be an 'oh-so-busy' seventeen year old is going to attract negative attention. It's full of self worth, and if there's anything TSR hates... it's people full of self worth that belittle other people's lives.
Reply 58
ummmm modelling is a job? the whole point which i feel you have not fully grasped is that this thread is for modelllssss! so sure those with kids or whatever may have busy lives but thats not really anything to do with this thread is it! in fact some models have kids and im sure there is a model who had a kid at uni somewhere so what is the issue bbe?! x

I bet tablelamp is a fugger whos pretending to be a model. Think you are hotter than me tablelamp? Do ya?

Chubby.
Reply 59
:troll2:

Quick Reply

Latest