The Student Room Group

Fifa boss tells gay fans: 'Don't have sex at Qatar World Cup'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Unfortunately many British people seem to think that because they have a right to do something in Britain, that right extends to the rest of the world.

Anyways, in Qatar there are going to be gay hotels and places where the gay people go, so if they were to go they'd find somewhere to be gay in safety.
Reply 21
^ They're going to segregate the gay fans?

I'm agreeing with the majority here, Qatar shouldn't have got it.
I would have said that was pragmatism in work.
Fifa boss tells gay fans: 'Don't have sex at Qatar World Cup'

Fifa president Sepp Blatter today provoked calls for his resignation after joking that gay football fans should "refrain" from sex during the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal.

Asked about concerns over the treatment of gay fans at the 2022 tournament, Blatter appeared to laugh the question off, saying: "I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities."

Blatter and South Africa's president, Jacob Zuma, sitting alongside him at a press conference to discuss the legacy of the 2010 World Cup, both laughed awkwardly, as did several journalists present.

Continued here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/14/fifa-boss-gay-fans-no-sex

Personally, I hate this man. This is the perfect chance to bring some enlightenment to the Middle East (Especially the Gulf...they worship money more than good) and what does he do. Nothing.
Reply 24
self-explanatory; it's illegal to have sex in Qatar so don't do it obviously...
Just look at that guys picture - most men would lose their erections.
Reply 27
Original post by ish90an
I think the bigger problem is why hold a world cup in a place that has a ban on alcohol and condemns homosexuality? There was a massive fuss when South Africa was not allowed in international tournaments due to apartheid, why is Qatar, a country with just about all its stadiums in 1 city, no footballing history or culture, harsh climates and laws that are just ensuring people get in trouble, being adjudged fit to host a world cup despite much better contenders?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

The joke'll be on them when no-one goes.
Reply 28
I thought he answered the part of the question elegantly. Of course the tourists will be able to do whatever they like during the tournament, even if it can't be formally assured.
I think the tone of the reporting is misleading.

I like the idea of a qatar world cup. As he said, it will open the doorway of the western world to middle easten culture. And perhaps vice vesa.
Fifa boss likes fish sticks... Hes a mother ****ing gay fish
Haha, people actually care about this.

****ing Christ.
Original post by zainn
self-explanatory; it's illegal to have sex in Qatar so don't do it obviously...

Why then, when your organisation is launching a massive campaign to eradicate homophobia from football would you send your flagship competition to one of the most homophobic countries on the planet?
Reply 32
This is the stupidest thread ive ever read all he is doing is giving them warning. Also how will having gay sex bring enlightenment to a country?
Reply 33
It was said tongue-in-cheek....or cock-in-mouth if you will... :holmes:
I'm 99% sure that heterosexual sex before marriage is illegal in Qatar also.
Gay sex is wrong if it was right and natural the men could get pregnant
Reply 36
"Personally, I hate this man. This is the perfect chance to bring some enlightenment to the Middle East (Especially the Gulf...they worship money more than good) and what does he do. Nothing."

Do you not understand how different cultures/religions work? Going there and promoting homosexuality would probably be offensive more than anything, similar to how it was in this country a century ago. I'm not someone who hates gay people, but you need to understand it isn't simply a case of someone waking up and deciding they don't think being homosexual is right... This guy was always going to get destroyed for saying what he did, but someone has to.
Reply 37
If Blatter could somehow enforce a rule banning all girls and gays from all footballing events it would go a long way to make up for his past misdemeanors.
Original post by Sapientia
Hey guys, make sure you don't do something illegal.

Problem? Better that he makes people aware. That said, he's kind of, a decade pre-emptive, isn't he.

you shouldn't blindly follow laws, especially ones like that.

anyway how on earth would they find out what people have been doing in the privacy of their hotel rooms. and pretty sure if they started arresting UK nationals at a time like this with so much media around the UK government would get publicly very pissed at them
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Dave Davidson
Gay sex is wrong if it was right and natural the men could get pregnant

In that case you could say drinking alcohol is wrong, because if it was right your liver would not be affected by it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending