The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Ive also got an application for Lit and Lang. No one has said that it's 'on hold'. Apparently it needs to be sent to the admissions department, who will then decide whether or not to shortlist me and if they do then they will interview on Fri 4th March.

Perhaps once it's gone to the admissions dept it will be *they* who put it on hold?

Whatever happens, I'll let you know!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Any offers for Physics yet? I sent my application off a month ago and Leeds are the only uni I haven't had any form of correspondence off so far.
Reply 362
I got an unconditional for Lit and Lang today! :biggrin: So ridiculously pleased that someone wants me!
Original post by Vekeh
I got an unconditional for Lit and Lang today! :biggrin: So ridiculously pleased that someone wants me!

Well done :smile:

No interview? I think they're only going to interview mature students... sucks!
Reply 364
Original post by Vekeh
Genuine! (I think) someone in the English thread got told that last year and received an offer, though in like, March sometime, so you could be in for a wait... How long ago did you send you app and when did you get that email?

Ooooh so i still have a chance then :biggrin: sent my app about 5 weeks ago and got the letter on friday/saturday i think. So it took them 5 weeks to send me an e-mail to effectively put me on hold, bloody hell! You?
Reply 365
jeffercake
Well done :smile:

No interview? I think they're only going to interview mature students... sucks!

Yeah, I think interview's are only for mature students/people with unusual qualifications, as I've seen other people on here getting offers without interview. Seems kinda odd that they'd interview you for straight Eng but not for the JH?... Either way I'm super glad that I don't have to be interviewed!

Original post by stevieeee
Ooooh so i still have a chance then :biggrin: sent my app about 5 weeks ago and got the letter on friday/saturday i think. So it took them 5 weeks to send me an e-mail to effectively put me on hold, bloody hell! You?

Oh, I was asking because I thought I'd been put on hold without being told, but I received an offer earlier today :colondollar::biggrin:
Original post by Vekeh
Yeah, I think interview's are only for mature students/people with unusual qualifications, as I've seen other people on here getting offers without interview. Seems kinda odd that they'd interview you for straight Eng but not for the JH?... Either way I'm super glad that I don't have to be interviewed!

Yeh, it's because it's different departments. Ah well, hopefully before then I'll have two more assignments back, and they'll both be distinctions so I can firm JH Eng and Hist! :smile:

Well done again x
Reply 367
Original post by Vekeh

Oh, I was asking because I thought I'd been put on hold without being told, but I received an offer earlier today :colondollar::biggrin:

So you have an actual offer? :eek:
Reply 368
Original post by stevieeee
So you have an actual offer? :eek:

YES :biggrin:
Reply 369
I just posted this in the mature student forum, but maybe somebody here has some insight. I just got an offer from Leeds for Economics and History.

They're asking for a B in A Level Maths, and a pass in my Access course, "including distinction in History and MM in English Literature and Sociology"

Reckon that means all credits at distinction in History, and all credits at Merit or above in Literature/Sociology? The wording is a bit ambiguous :s-smilie:
Reply 370
I've applied to do french and spanish though I only got BBB in my A2s last year (I missed As by 3 marks in all of them, how pissed is that!?).. doubt I'll get in, but y'never know!
Has anyone got offers from Leeds for languages yet?
Original post by gtfo
I just posted this in the mature student forum, but maybe somebody here has some insight. I just got an offer from Leeds for Economics and History.

They're asking for a B in A Level Maths, and a pass in my Access course, "including distinction in History and MM in English Literature and Sociology"

Reckon that means all credits at distinction in History, and all credits at Merit or above in Literature/Sociology? The wording is a bit ambiguous :s-smilie:

Just to let you know that I replied in the other thread x
Reply 372
Original post by jeffercake
Just to let you know that I replied in the other thread x

I saw, muchas gracias :smile:
Original post by gtfo
I saw, muchas gracias :smile:

Yw :biggrin:
Reply 374
Interview on Thursday... :unsure:
Wow, looks like my course is more popular than I'd thought.
I'm applying for English Lit & Lang and so far have not recieved an offer, or an acknowledgment email.
I got AAAB in my AS and I'm predicted A*AA at A2, my tutor said my personal statement was one of the best she'd read in my year and my reference was, overall, very good. Without sounding like a pretentious dick I just wanted to know if anyone knew about the application system at Leeds? Is that criteria enough? :ahhhhh::ahhhhh:
Reply 376
Original post by AlastairJoseph
Wow, looks like my course is more popular than I'd thought.
I'm applying for English Lit & Lang and so far have not recieved an offer, or an acknowledgment email.
I got AAAB in my AS and I'm predicted A*AA at A2, my tutor said my personal statement was one of the best she'd read in my year and my reference was, overall, very good. Without sounding like a pretentious dick I just wanted to know if anyone knew about the application system at Leeds? Is that criteria enough? :ahhhhh::ahhhhh:

Your grades are more than enough, but as far as I can tell Leeds put a lot of emphasis on your personal statement (I think they want to see critical analysis and engagement or something along those lines) so an offer will probably depend on that. Don't freak out if you see people on here getting rejections with better grades than you - I got the same AS grades and have an offer :smile: Looking at my emails, my acknowlegdement took ten days to come through, have you only recently sent your app?
Original post by oe43
Manchester, Sheffield, Royal Holloway and Kings College London :biggrin:
you? :smile: Do you think Leeds will be your firm?

Sorry about the late reply..i always forget to look on here! but yes i think so :smile: there or newcastle, but i havent actually been to look at that uni before...or heard back from them either so.. :P hehee
what offers do you have?
Original post by livelove
I've applied to do french and spanish though I only got BBB in my A2s last year (I missed As by 3 marks in all of them, how pissed is that!?).. doubt I'll get in, but y'never know!
Has anyone got offers from Leeds for languages yet?

i only got BBB in my ASs and i got an offer for spanish :biggrin: dont worry :smile:
Just got my offer for Mathematical Studies! :biggrin: AAB

Latest