The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by miklc
I think Barts/Warwick will hear by the end of January.

ETA: I wish Imperial would just reject me. I'm obviously not getting in so why don't they just put me out of my misery..

milkc: Imperial interview throughout Jan aswell. They didn't tell me I'd got the interview until ONE week beforehand, so don't get disheartened just yet.
Yeah, at my interview with imperial, they said they interview all through Jan and Feb
Reply 102
What would happen if you got an interview for a date you REALLY couldn't attend? Like, I only have 2 finals in January so it would be the worst case of bad luck ever, but could you reschedule?
I'm pretty gutted today. I just got auto rejected as a graduate entrant to UEA. I did all my research on entry requirements over the summer, made tables and everything. Problem is, they changed them slightly sometime between then and October. They increased A-level requirements, and I fell under the threshold. Unfortunately A-levels are my biggest weakness, despite having a first and Masters degree.

So apparently I just completely wasted a slot to get rejected by the computer. I feel like such an idiot. This was the first response I got back from a medical school :frown:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by blacklight
I'm pretty gutted today. I just got auto rejected as a graduate entrant to UEA. I did all my research on entry requirements over the summer, made tables and everything. Problem is, they changed them slightly sometime between then and October. They increased A-level requirements, and I fell under the threshold. Unfortunately A-levels are my biggest weakness, despite having a first and Masters degree.

So apparently I just completely wasted a slot to get rejected by the computer. I feel like such an idiot. This was the first response I got back from a medical school :frown:.

Oh no, that's sounds so frustrating. I would be mightily peed off too. But please try to not be down about it for too long, you have three well-researched spaces left and those academics should stand you in good stead.
get home and find a King's stamped envelope on the front porch..could this be the long awaited MMI invite..nope just a heart-breaking acknowledgement :frown: dated 18 nov btw :s
Original post by blacklight

:console: Never mind... you still have three choices. You only need one offer. :smile:

Original post by Carr-Agger
get home and find a King's stamped envelope on the front porch..could this be the long awaited MMI invite..nope just a heart-breaking acknowledgement :frown: dated 18 nov btw :s

I got this the other day. Shocking as I actually live in London so it would have taken it less time to arrive if they had hand delivered it! :rolleyes:
Reply 107
king's interview 11th jan, hooray :-)

informed via the bizarre web admissions system just now.
Same, need to change it to the 12th though due to an exam!
Interview from Kings on the 12th! Got an email saying the online thingy had changed status...
Has anyone heard anything from Barts yet?
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
Has anyone heard anything from Barts yet?

Acknowledgment yes. If you mean for graduate entry interviews, they say in their FAQs:

"Our interviews run in February so we start inviting selected candidates to interview in January."
Interview for King's on January 11th and Newcastle on the 19th. Whee!
Reply 113
Original post by No Fixed Abode
Good place for a first post. :smile:

All GEM:
Barts - acknowledged
Kings - acknowledged
Imperial - acknowledged
Warwick - acknowledged

UKCAT 750

Waiting, but not hoping too much; have very little in terms of caring/medical work experience.

exactly the same choices as me... and the same responses... my UKCAT score is lower though... did warwick send you the email about the joint interview thing with barts? ... if it's ok with you, pls let me knw if u hear 4rm anyone... n i'll do the same...

good luck!!!
Reply 114
Original post by TigTigger
Also crawling out of the wood work! :-)

GEM applicant:
Oxford - acknowledged
Barts - acknowledged
Imperial - acknowledged
Kings - acknowledged

UKCAT 690

Still waiting in desperation to hear...anything! Hopefully PhD and a fair bit of clinical experience will make up for average UKCAT!

Good luck to all the rest of you oldies! xx

applied to pretty much the same unis as you with the exception of Oxford... chose warwick instead... and same as you, all i've got are acknowledgements... please say something if u hear anything... i'll do the same...
UKCAT - 700

good luck!

p.s: i'm obviously quite desperate, aren't i?
Reply 115
Interview Newcastle 17th January! :biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by bird87
Interview Newcastle 17th January! :biggrin:

Congrats! I'll look out for the scared person walking around :tongue: Although in actual fact, if it's like last year you don't even get interviewed in the med school.
Reply 117
Looks like this was the week that Kings are responding for the 4year course.
I'm only acknowledged.
Good place for a first post. :smile:

All GEM:
Barts - acknowledged
Kings - acknowledged
Imperial - acknowledged
Warwick - acknowledged

UKCAT 750

Waiting, but not hoping too much; have very little in terms of caring/medical work experience.

Hey. How much is not much work experience. I dot think I have much either but my UKCAT was the same and I was OK. What exactly have you got?
Reply 119
Acknowledgment yes. If you mean for graduate entry interviews, they say in their FAQs:

"Our interviews run in February so we start inviting selected candidates to interview in January."

thanks. I thought I'd read that somewhere but couldn't remember where and thought I might have imagined it :-). bit odd that they said they "couldn't discuss applications at all", when they could have just quoted their FAQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending