The Student Room Group

guys - help please.

i feel silly for posting this here but i guess its worth a try...

i'm 18, he's 23, we've both come out of long term relationships about a month ago.

we met up casually for a drink a few sundays ago (beginning of week 1) and it went well but he dominated the conversation and i felt he didnt really know me by the end of the night but i didnt mind because i really really liked him.

i txt him the next evening (monday) and we txt until the end of the evening. He text me wednesday morning - shocked! - and our conversation lasted all day. He then text me again friday evening and the same happened. He was beginning to get to know me as much as i know him and my confidence grew a bit.

we didnt speak over the weekend and then i text him on monday of week 2 beause he had started the last 2 conversations and this time our conversation lasted alll week until friday evening, which was friday just gone. we were teasing each other, a bit of flirting and just general cute silliness. he admitted to noticing me (we go to the same church) ages ago before i said hi to him about 2 months ago so i think he likes me?!?!?

BUT, here's the mystery, he hasnt text me since friday. he sent the last text but i started the last conversation. Why the silence? I dont think i've done anything wrong and if he's lost my number/his phone, he can facebook me, which is where are conversation took place before we went for a drink. He's also very much still alive because he's been on facebook!!

Do i text him or wait for him to text me? It's likely that i'll be seeing him this sunday evening in church so do i leave it until then? Is he just trying to seem not too keen?

Sorry for the long post! Any insight into a guy's mind would be appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

maybe he's busy, no credit etc just ring him or something, simples!
Reply 2
Out of credit? Something came up? Could be anything. Just text him, enough of this waiting so many days to text people. Get on it like a sonnet woman!
Reply 3
He's got unlimited texts i believe and he's had FIVE days to get over something that might have come up!?!
u can text him..nothing wrong with that :smile: as said before maybe he's busy or somethin..
Original post by georgie-rose
BUT, here's the mystery, he hasnt text me since friday. he sent the last text but i started the last conversation. Why the silence? I dont think i've done anything wrong and if he's lost my number/his phone, he can facebook me, which is where are conversation took place before we went for a drink. He's also very much still alive because he's been on facebook!!

Our.

Thank you.
He's got unlimited texts i believe and he's had FIVE days to get over something that might have come up!?!

maybe he didnt know hat to say? maybe he's thinking the same thing u are "why isnt she texting me!" Just go for it instead of waiting around...Text him NOW I command u :tongue: nah but it's for ur own good instead of just fussing :smile:
Reply 7
It seems that this little 'taking it in turns' is a bit of a game. I am a guy and not one for playing games, i'm way too sensitive for that haha. My first suggestion is to calm down, you must really like him as your stressing over such a small problem (with all due respect-I have been there myself). If you two were actually together then you should get in contact with him whenever you want to talk and keep it simple. But because you guys are not together, my suggestion would be to wait for him to get in contact with you. Men woo Women, not the other way around.
Best of luck to you both :biggrin:
x
Reply 8
Original post by MatthewWood
It seems that this little 'taking it in turns' is a bit of a game. I am a guy and not one for playing games, i'm way too sensitive for that haha. My first suggestion is to calm down, you must really like him as your stressing over such a small problem (with all due respect-I have been there myself). If you two were actually together then you should get in contact with him whenever you want to talk and keep it simple. But because you guys are not together, my suggestion would be to wait for him to get in contact with you. Men woo Women, not the other way around.
Best of luck to you both :biggrin:
x

Would you say that guys, in general, prefer to do the 'wooing'? Do they find it weird for a girl to make a move, even if its just a text? Thanks for your reply btw :smile:
Reply 9
did you say he sent the last text? wouldn't that mean he's waiting for your reply or have i misread
Reply 10
Original post by reisen
did you say he sent the last text? wouldn't that mean he's waiting for your reply or have i misread

it was more of a 'closing conversation text' ...and that was friday evening just gone.
Reply 11
Would you say that guys, in general, prefer to do the 'wooing'? Do they find it weird for a girl to make a move, even if its just a text? Thanks for your reply btw :smile:

No. Its much better for the girl to put in effort too. :smile:
Reply 12
Send him a picture of your tits.

No problem :smile:
Ask yourself the question of would you like to be wooed?

I think generally if a guy wants somebody/something he would go get it.

If it's the odd text your sending him which is out-of-the-blue then no it's not a problem and it will definitely help. But I think that if you do it too often it might bug him.

It will make you more desirable if you wait for him to contact you (at this stage anyway).

hope this helped
xx

oh ffs, its the 21st century not the 19th, of course you can contact him without him contacting you first. Your texting someone its not exactly showing up on his doorstep with roses and a declaration of love and asking his father if you can have his hand in marriage is it?
Reply 15
Leave it til Friday and say hi, see how the conversation goes. But don't do all that 'he text me then', 'I text him then' stuff.

Just text when you feel it's appropriate. Not in an annoying way of course, but not in a childish way either.
Either hes playing some retarded game or he has another girl and your second choice im afraid
Reply 17
i feel silly for posting this here but i guess its worth a try...

i'm 18, he's 23, we've both come out of long term relationships about a month ago.

we met up casually for a drink a few sundays ago (beginning of week 1) and it went well but he dominated the conversation and i felt he didnt really know me by the end of the night but i didnt mind because i really really liked him.

i txt him the next evening (monday) and we txt until the end of the evening. He text me wednesday morning - shocked! - and our conversation lasted all day. He then text me again friday evening and the same happened. He was beginning to get to know me as much as i know him and my confidence grew a bit.

we didnt speak over the weekend and then i text him on monday of week 2 beause he had started the last 2 conversations and this time our conversation lasted alll week until friday evening, which was friday just gone. we were teasing each other, a bit of flirting and just general cute silliness. he admitted to noticing me (we go to the same church) ages ago before i said hi to him about 2 months ago so i think he likes me?!?!?

Do i text him or wait for him to text me? It's likely that i'll be seeing him this sunday evening in church so do i leave it until then? Is he just trying to seem not too keen?

Sorry for the long post! Any insight into a guy's mind would be appreciated!

I hate texting someone if i sent the last text.
Reply 18
Original post by wilsea05
I hate texting someone if i sent the last text.

even if it was just a simple closing conversation text i.e. 'Night! x' ???

(I'm very very confused, so many different opinions!)
Reply 19
even if it was just a simple closing conversation text i.e. 'Night! x' ???

(I'm very very confused, so many different opinions!)

Yeah, i'm pretty stubborn though. So's my girlfriend haha. Just text him if you're that bothered, which you clearly are otherwise you wouldn't be asking for advice on a forum full of a majority of people who don't really get that much social contact. (I'm not one of those, just to clarify)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending