The Student Room Group

Fifa boss tells gay fans: 'Don't have sex at Qatar World Cup'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DontBuyTheSun
Why then, when your organisation is launching a massive campaign to eradicate homophobia from football would you send your flagship competition to one of the most homophobic countries on the planet?

They won the bid fair and square, and their culture/laws do NOT allow homosexuality... where the **** is the problem? if people don't like it then they shouldn't go to Qatar, simples.
Original post by Band
200 years ago it was American culture to own slaves, that is no defence to something being wrong.

How do you figure out what is right and wrong, champ?
Reply 62
Original post by Band
200 years ago it was American culture to own slaves, that is no defence to something being wrong.

The world cup should not go to a country which has little respect for human rights.

That's completely unrelated, I think you're misunderstanding slightly. I meant it in terms of Christianity - religion was much more important years ago, and to put it nicely, homosexuality was frowned upon because of this. People argue about this day and night, but the Bible does say that homosexuality is wrong. I'm honestly not trying to start an argument here by saying that, just showing the type of place that the country is coming from - it is for religious reasons, not simply because they're a bunch of a-holes that they have made this law or whatever.
Reply 63
Original post by No Man
Well the sub-Saharan African players/fans have their work cut out for them then.

Australia should have got the 2022 world cup tbh. It would be winter there, and it has it's own football league so new stadiums won't need to be built.

Exactly, and that would have been a logical choice lol.
Reply 64
Original post by cttp_ngaf
Gay sex is enlightenment, silly! The more homosexuals a country has, the better it is. We need more gays, and less families. Unless they're gay families. Gay parents, gay children. Perhaps transgendered as well. Not that gender exists in the first place.

well that certainly would make a country far more fabulous.
Reply 65
Fair enough tbh. If they wanna go to Qatar then I'm sure they can abstain from homosexual acts for their duration in that country.
Original post by 4TSR
They won the bid fair and square,

Apart from collusion with Spain you mean.
Original post by 4TSR
their culture/laws do NOT allow homosexuality... where the **** is the problem?

The problem, like I pointed out prior to you ignoring it, is FIFA are currently actively marketing a campaign to remove homophobic behaviour from football and then give the world cup to a country where homosexuality is banned. Can you not see the obvious contradiction?

Shall we tell all the gay footballers not to turn up?
Original post by 4TSR
if people don't like it then they shouldn't go to Qatar, simples.

Spoken like a person with no affiliation to or understanding of football, which judging by your posts is correct.

It's a totally ridiculous place to hold a world cup, proven by the fact they want to move it to January to accomodate all the obvious flaws FIFA pointed out before voting for it.
Reply 67
Why then, when your organisation is launching a massive campaign to eradicate homophobia from football would you send your flagship competition to one of the most homophobic countries on the planet?

Quatar won the bid so FIFA instead of saying "nah", must give Quatar the right to host the Competition regardless.
Reply 68
Apart from collusion with Spain you mean.

The problem, like I pointed out prior to you ignoring it, is FIFA are currently actively marketing a campaign to remove homophobic behaviour from football and then give the world cup to a country where homosexuality is banned. Can you not see the obvious contradiction?

Shall we tell all the gay footballers not to turn up?

Spoken like a person with no affiliation to or understanding of football, which judging by your posts is correct.

It's a totally ridiculous place to hold a world cup, proven by the fact they want to move it to January to accomodate all the obvious flaws FIFA pointed out before voting for it.

I do not think Qatar should hold it because of the size, the heat and the timing...etc I do not think Qatar will benefit from it in terms of "learning from the west..." - But if gay people want to go to qatar, then they should be told straight that they will be able to have sex there. Their laws, we cannot do anything about it... FIFA sucks balls anyway
Original post by Hooj
Quatar won the bid so FIFA instead of saying "nah", must give Quatar the right to host the Competition regardless.

What are you talking about.

It's FIFA members that cast the vote.

It was also classed as the biggest risk of all potential bids.
Original post by 4TSR
I do not think Qatar should hold it because of the size, the heat and the timing...etc I do not think Qatar will benefit from it in terms of "learning from the west..." - But if gay people want to go to qatar, then they should be told straight that they will be able to have sex there. Their laws, we cannot do anything about it... FIFA sucks balls anyway

I'm not aying FIFA should attempt a coup on the Qatar government, but it should never have been given to such a backwards country in the first place.
Reply 71
What are you talking about.

It's FIFA members that cast the vote.

It was also classed as the biggest risk of all potential bids.

They won it anyways. Nothing else matters other than that. Although you can't bum guys there, they still have the right to partake in the World Cup.
Reply 72
I'm not aying FIFA should attempt a coup on the Qatar government, but it should never have been given to such a backwards country in the first place.

It should if they won which they did so suck it up.
Pretty sensible advice tbfh.

I mean if fans were to travel for a game against North Korea, in NK, one would advise them not to go running off into restricted areas, lest they be shot as spies.

Sure, maybe is isn't a laughing matter, but the overreaction to his comment is just ridiculous.
Reply 74
Original post by KrispyKatieKreme
Just look at that guys picture - most men would lose their erections.

But looking at your sig would bring it right back.. :sexface: :coma:
Original post by Hooj
It should if they won which they did so suck it up.

That's the most retarded logic I've heard in my life.

Kerry Katona and Katie Price have both won mother of the year.
Reply 76
That's the most retarded logic I've heard in my life.

Kerry Katona and Katie Price have both won mother of the year.
That's not even relatively close to being the same thing. You clearly have your knickers in a twist.
Original post by Hooj
That's not even relatively close to being the same thing. You clearly have your knickers in a twist.

All three of them didn't deserve it, so it is.

I couldn't care really. I'm just glad it's not in England so we don't have a repeat of the swarm of knobheads that appeared post euro 94 pretending to care about footie.
Original post by Sushidelight
Fifa boss tells gay fans: 'Don't have sex at Qatar World Cup'

Fifa president Sepp Blatter today provoked calls for his resignation after joking that gay football fans should "refrain" from sex during the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal.

Asked about concerns over the treatment of gay fans at the 2022 tournament, Blatter appeared to laugh the question off, saying: "I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities."

Blatter and South Africa's president, Jacob Zuma, sitting alongside him at a press conference to discuss the legacy of the 2010 World Cup, both laughed awkwardly, as did several journalists present.

Continued here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/14/fifa-boss-gay-fans-no-sex

Personally, I hate this man. This is the perfect chance to bring some enlightenment to the Middle East (Especially the Gulf...they worship money more than good) and what does he do. Nothing.

PLEASE will someone slap blatter.
Reply 79
So basically, the Fifa boss told people to obey the laws of the country they visit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending