The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madjackismad
It's good if you haven't previously watched Band of Brothers which was the previous HBO mini-series Hanks and Spielberg were involved in. The quality of story in BoB completely blows The Pacific out of the water.

The Pacific is immense for special effects and depicting the horror of war in insane detail. Think Saving Private Ryan x10. Watched it on Sky movies HD earlier this year and it looked insanely good. :coma:

I imagine the blu-ray boxset looks ten times better.

I far preferred Pacific to Band of Brothers. I liked the more intimate feel to it.
Reply 4861
Has anyone seen Munich (2005)? Worth watching?
Original post by Phalanges
I far preferred Pacific to Band of Brothers. I liked the more intimate feel to it.

Really? I thought Band of Brothers had the more intimate feel to it because it focuses primarily on these characters and how they all worked together.
Original post by Roobsa

Original post by Roobsa

It's brilliant. And so well acted.
Original post by Roobsa

Yes, it's a good film. Quite violent at parts. I think it's the most violent Spielberg film I've seen.
Really? I thought Band of Brothers had the more intimate feel to it because it focuses primarily on these characters and how they all worked together.

I watched BoB a long time ago, and didn't enjoy it very much (I was probably too young) so can't really remember that much. It probably deserves another watch from me, to be honest.

I got a lot more into The Pacific though. I particularly liked the episode when they were on leave, and watching them become increasingly jaded from being so fresh-faced.
Munich's great. A Spielberg film is so often a big 'event' that people tend to forget how good he is. Munich proves his reputation is entirely deserved. :daydreaming:

You know what's not great? 'The Switch'. Don't watch that. Even Jason Bateman and Jeff Goldblum can't save that piece of crap. :indiff:
I watched BoB a long time ago, and didn't enjoy it very much (I was probably too young) so can't really remember that much. It probably deserves another watch from me, to be honest.

I got a lot more into The Pacific though. I particularly liked the episode when they were on leave, and watching them become increasingly jaded from being so fresh-faced.

Yeah, The Pacific is good, but it doesn't stand up to BoB. I definitely recommend to watch it again. It may not have the amazing special effects and sound of The Pacific, but the story and character development is far superior thanks to the wonderful acting. Damien Lewis is particularly good in it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4868
Original post by Christien
Munich's great. A Spielberg film is so often a big 'event' that people tend to forget how good he is. Munich proves his reputation is entirely deserved. :daydreaming:

You know what's not great? 'The Switch'. Don't watch that. Even Jason Bateman and Jeff Goldblum can't save that piece of crap. :indiff:

Rom coms are usually my guilty pleasure because I tend to enjoy them but even reading about The Switch put me off from watching it.

I just watched Operation: Endgame. Wouldn't rate it highly but it's worth watching if you've got an hour and a half to kill. It's also got Odette Yustman in it, so that's always a plus.
Reply 4869
Just watched Thirteen. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You haven't posted here in a while. :holmes:

unknownking has taken over your duties as resident H&R troll. :teehee:

LOL amen to him. Yeah I just been busy with Uni and stuff, though I guess that's no excuse since a lot of people here go to Uni aswell...
Original post by danielharris627
Haha, i was going to mention Skyline, I agree, it was SO bad.

And yeah I agree about the Tourist, I just tried to enjoy it though, I know if I see it again i'll end up just getting picky. With an unlimited card, I see so much crap that I just sort of try not to be as picky as I once was, haha.

But you should definitely invest! I go on my own quite often if I have nothign else to do, and also, when I got one, loads of my friends started getting them because they realised how good they were, haha.

And I don't know, I haven't seen Tron in years, so I might re-watch that soon before seeing legacy :biggrin:

Excellent, I should go and persuade my friends to get some now. :tongue:

I have it (the original that is) :ninja: Just need to watch it either today or tomorrow. Soundtrack is :coma: though.

Because you're not a noob?

I'm bored, can you tell?

Can we play the screen captions again? :ahee:

You mean the screencaps game?

Screen captions would be a whole different game. :tongue:

Dammit, it doesn't even tell you in the URL. :colonhash:

Original post by SirRamAlot
LOL amen to him. Yeah I just been busy with Uni and stuff, though I guess that's no excuse since a lot of people here go to Uni aswell...

Ah well, your presence is being missed. :fyi:

Hope it is all going good for you at uni.
(edited 13 years ago)
Taxi driver? :holmes:

Reply 4873
Hiding in a fridge when a nuclear bomb goes off - why don't I try that? :colonhash:

I might have to when I go visit my relatives..!

The scene where

Spoiler

Hm. I think it was actually.

Everyone on the chat thread was asking me why I kept the fact that I was doing AH Maths as a secret on the day of that exam. :rofl:

:rofl:

Everybody thought I was my own doppleganger - poll results :pierre: -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23205080

Also: :rofl:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25329659
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25333266&postcount=11
(edited 13 years ago)
Excellent, I should go and persuade my friends to get some now. :tongue:

I have it (the original that is) :ninja: Just need to watch it either today or tomorrow. Soundtrack is :coma: though.

You mean the screencaps game?

Screen captions would be a whole different game. :tongue:

Dammit, it doesn't even tell you in the URL. :colonhash:

Ah well, your presence is being missed. :fyi:

Hope it is all going good for you at uni.

Thanks, yeah it's going good so far my 1st term is just about to end, so I'll contribute more to this thread like before.
Taxi driver? :holmes:

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

Your turn. :sexface:

:sigh:
Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

Your turn. :sexface:

:sigh:

:mmm:

Original post by channy
Exactly. I dread to even think what happens in 2010.

I'm confused
Reply 4879
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I'm confused

2010, the sequel to 2001.

Latest

Trending

Trending