The Student Room Group

Girls - what tactics do you use to get a guy to notice you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Why would someone consistently look at you unless they liked you? Thiiink about it boys.

Alright ok, so what about the sitting thing. I assume this is the same?
Original post by Don John
Alright ok, so what about the sitting thing. I assume this is the same?

I'd say so. I used to do things like that at school/college when I liked someone. Makes me cringe to think about it now lol but it happens...
Reply 42
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I'd say so. I used to do things like that at school/college when I liked someone. Makes me cringe to think about it now lol but it happens...

Interesting. What sort of tactics would you, personally, like to use?
in this order:
cleavage
legs
bum
eyes:sexface:
Original post by chemical_bex
Make-up.

I also tend to make eye contact a number of times, and like hold it. If that makes sense.

To me that's just being polite. I was bought up to make eye contact when I was talking to someone. So don't you think that's a little too subtle?
Original post by Sweet_Heart
Go after her anyway, what have you got to lose? Ask her what her name is, if she'd like a drink etc Is a drink really necessary? Some people don't have the money for that, I know it's not a lot but still. Girls are far more tactical than guys realise. Shy smiles as well = into you.I've had that but her friend told me she just wanted to be friends If a girl is looking at you, she wants you to approach her, too shy to do it herself so she's trying to gauge a reaction from you. If you're not sure, stay where you are and watch her for a few minutes. People can tell when they are being watched, so if she likes you she'll turn back and look at you again/smile.

At least that's what I'd do. Come hither looks are my forte :smile:lol, like a deer in headlights; he doesnt stand a chance, I bet.

I have a question; what if she's just a smiley person? I know a girl who seems to be like that. It'd make more sense if I mentioned I liked her
Reply 46
Confidence. I do tend to strut a little, walk with my head high and my heels on (although 9 times out of 10 this rules out most men under 6'3, tall freak prior to heels, y'see!) and I notice more guys pay me attention than my more shy and retiring type friends.

If you know you look good, it's pretty obvious and I think guys find self assured girls attractive. Well it never did me any harm.
Original post by alexs2602
To me that's just being polite. I was bought up to make eye contact when I was talking to someone. So don't you think that's a little too subtle?

I didn't mean if I was talking to them!
Like if I was walking by them, or waiting somewhere. Or at work when I'm at the tills and I see someone in the queue :colondollar:

If we were talking, well that's totally different. Touching, hair flicking, eyelash batting...
Grab his balls and squeeze. Hard.
Original post by chemical_bex
I didn't mean if I was talking to them!
Like if I was walking by them, or waiting somewhere. Or at work when I'm at the tills and I see someone in the queue :colondollar:

If we were talking, well that's totally different. Touching, hair flicking, eyelash batting...

Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for that, especially since I got a new pair of glasses(believe me, my old ones were horrific).

If it wasn't obvious, I'm totally useless. :tongue:
Original post by Gemma :)!

:eek: You'd make him pop and not in a good way.
Original post by alexs2602
:eek: You'd make him pop and not in a good way.

He'd notice me though, right?
He'd notice me though, right?

True, though he might not be sure whether you wanted to get him naked or castrate him.

well it would get his attention certainly
Original post by Phillipsherman
well it would get his attention certainly

That's the idea!
Err.... I'm really surprised that girls have 'tactics'.

Because, honestly, I do nothing.
I just go along with whatevers happening.

If theres a guy I'm interested in then I just talk and see if we have anything in common - but tbf, I wouldn't really bother chatting up randoms [unless friends of friends count as randoms?] - majority of the time if I'm interested, it'll be someone I've atleast met through someone else.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Err.... I'm really surprised that girls have 'tactics'.

Because, honestly, I do nothing.
I just go along with whatevers happening.

If theres a guy I'm interested in then I just talk and see if we have anything in common - but tbf, I wouldn't really bother chatting up randoms [unless friends of friends count as randoms?] - majority of the time if I'm interested, it'll be someone I've atleast met through someone else.

Really? I'm guessing this is out of shyness, or alternatively a result of the gender roles in Western culture.
Original post by Don John
Really? I'm guessing this is out of shyness, or alternatively a result of the gender roles in Western culture.

Shyness? Nahh, definitley not.
I don't really put any effort into 'getting guys'.
Plus most of the time they seem to approach me.

I think I'm just sick of men in general.
Relationships are a hassle and I feel like any guy I meet turns out to be a dick - so maybe I'm just happy not bothering.
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
If you was going to chat her up........ Why would it make any difference whether she's slyly hinting to you to tlk to her

If you were going to chat her up........ Why would it make any difference whether she's slyly hinting to you to tlk to her
Original post by jrichardson21
If you were going to chat her up........ Why would it make any difference whether she's slyly hinting to you to tlk to her

He understood me, so did you, so your correction was pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest