The Student Room Group

Page 3/Glamour Modelling - Thoughts

Basically just want to know what other peoples thoughts are on this..

Girls, would you do it and what would your mum or dad say about it?

Guys, if your girlfriend decided to take it up would you be annoyed or anything? or let her do what she wants?

:cool:

Sorry if this is in the wrong part :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Man.. I'd be pissed. It would honestly put me off her.
Reply 2
If I was ever lucky enough to be going out with a Glamour Model girlfriend I wouldn't try and stop them.

Not sure how things would work out in the long run though.
We need pics :yes:
Reply 4
I think you should model those legs and that ass of yours!:drool:
Reply 5
If I say it would turn me off them, then it will be me oppressing women's "liberation"
If I say I am for it, then I will be objectifying women.

I'll just keep quiet.
I think, after the initial shock and jealousy, I'd be proud and supportive. I used to be just full on jealous, but I recently cast my girlfriend in a full nude role in my student film and it went well so my opinion's changed :smile:
Don't see anything wrong with it at all. If someone wants to make money by having a photographer take sexy photos of them, and consents to the photographers distributing those photos as a condition of payment - what's the problem? Hell, if I had a better body I'd audition as a model for a mag like Gaytimes or Attitude - might help me pay of my student debts!
Personally I wouldn't do it, because I think it's really not very respectable, and I wish these girls would have much more respect for themselves and more ambitions, than to just pose half-naked, with there boobs out for everyone to see, purely just as an easy way to make money
Reply 9
if she was a 'front' model i'd be well okay with it. if she was one of those tanned fake blonde slags in other lads mags, i wouldnt be with her in the first place :P
Original post by Huskaris
If I say it would turn me off them, then it will be me oppressing women's "liberation"
If I say I am for it, then I will be objectifying women.

I'll just keep quiet.

Huskaris,

If you would prefer not to have a girlfriend have sexy photos of herself publicly distributed then you aren't oppressing women. You have a moral view certainly, one which she may judge you badly on, but you're not actually physically stopping her from having the pics taken. Her freedoms are not violated so how could she say she is oppressed?

If you would prefer, it doesn't mean your treating her in morally bad way. It's true you are objectifying her because when one looks at sexy photos one appreciates the person's body - which is a thing. You relate to the person in the photo as a thing. But that doesn't necessarily show that anything morally bad's going on. Assuming that she consents to your objectifying her, then what's the problem with doing that? We relate to people as objects all the time. For example, I don't relate to the guy who runs the off license across the road as a person, an end in himself. For me he's just part of a means to getting booze if and when I want it. And since he's consenting implicitly to that, I don't see what's wrong with what I'm doing?

Regards,
Benjamin
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Personally I wouldn't do it, because I think it's really not very respectable, and I wish these girls would have much more respect for themselves and more ambitions, than to just pose half-naked, with there boobs out for everyone to see, purely just as an easy way to make money

ScottishShortiex,

Please enlighten me? If I want to pose nude for Gaytimes because by doing so, and by consenting to the photos public distribution, I can make an amount of money - how is it I have damaged my self-respect?

I certainly disagree that it is easy to be good looking; it takes lots of exercise, a good diet, make up etc. So in other words, if they've got it, and people are prepared to pay to see it, how is it contrary to their self-respect if they do choose to flaunt it?

Regards,
Benjamin
Reply 12
Original post by theoneandonlybenja
Huskaris,

If you would prefer not to have a girlfriend have sexy photos of herself publicly distributed then you aren't oppressing women. You have a moral view certainly, one which she may judge you badly on, but you're not actually physically stopping her from having the pics taken. Her freedoms are not violated so how could she say she is oppressed?

If you would prefer, it doesn't mean your treating her in morally bad way. It's true you are objectifying her because when one looks at sexy photos one appreciates the person's body - which is a thing. You relate to the person in the photo as a thing. But that doesn't necessarily show that anything morally bad's going on. Assuming that she consents to your objectifying her, then what's the problem with doing that? We relate to people as objects all the time. For example, I don't relate to the guy who runs the off license across the road as a person, an end in himself. For me he's just part of a means to getting booze if and when I want it. And since he's consenting implicitly to that, I don't see what's wrong with what I'm doing?

Regards,
Benjamin

To reply in a similar style

Benjamin,
I was replying in a facetious manner, and attempting to appeal to people's sense of humour. I apologise that you did not understand this.

Regards,
Huskaris

Over and out.
ScottishShortiex,

Please enlighten me? If I want to pose nude for Gaytimes because by doing so, and by consenting to the photos public distribution, I can make an amount of money - how is it I have damaged my self-respect?

I certainly disagree that it is easy to be good looking; it takes lots of exercise, a good diet, make up etc. So in other words, if they've got it, and people are prepared to pay to see it, how is it contrary to their self-respect if they do choose to flaunt it?

Regards,
Benjamin

Your post is very formal :p:

Anyway, to answer your question, you wouldn't damaged your self-respect (particularly because your a guy) but girls, I believe should have more respect for themselves, and personally i think glamour modelling is cheap and tacky. I didn't say that it's easy to be good-looking...of course it's not - you need to be very disciplined and strict with yourself. By all means flaunt your body...but you don't need to do it naked/half-naked. Why not model with swimswear or lingerie, then at least your covered and it looks less tacky.
Original post by Huskaris
To reply in a similar style

Benjamin,
I was replying in a facetious manner, and attempting to appeal to people's sense of humour. I apologise that you did not understand this.

Regards,
Huskaris

Over and out.

Whoops, FAIL. Though there's no need to apologise? I merely missed the joke being made - not a big deal.
Reply 15
Whoops, FAIL. Though there's no need to apologise? I merely missed the joke being made - not a big deal.

Ah sorry, I didn't realise you would take my response so light heartedly :-D

If you see me around again, I try and add a bit of humour here and there, but it really is the problem of typing, you can't convey tones of voice very well :-(
Have a good day :-D
Reply 16
To be honest, if I had the figure and confidence to do it, I definitely would. For the money it can earn you and the fact it could be done alongside a normal job (if your employers didn't mind) I think it's totally worth it. I know my parents wouldn't mind me doing it, they are happy with me doing whatever I want... Just a shame I'm too fat and shy! :p:
No complaints from me

I don't know why people say they are dumb, they always look really intelligent as well with the quotes about current events
Hmmm, there are different kinds of glamour modelling opportunities out there... The quality of the production would either positively or negatively impact on the model's appeal. Page 3 of the Sun would be a turnoff
Reply 19
It's not something I've thought about doing really. I guess I could try if I really wanted to, and I guess my parents wouldn't exactly be over the moon but they'd most likely let me do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending