The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MelissaJayne
Well done! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Although I still haven't recieved any offer from Durham I should probably not be so happy about everyone else getting offers but genuinely I feel really happy for all you guys getting offers.
Should be proud, way to go! :biggrin:

aww thank you so much! :colondollar: I really wasn't expecting it at all!

what have you applied for? I had a sneaky look at the grades in your profile and they are AMAZING, much better than mine! you'll get an offer soon! :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by -kit-kat-
aww thank you so much! :colondollar: I really wasn't expecting it at all!

what have you applied for? I had a sneaky look at the grades in your profile and they are AMAZING, much better than mine! you'll get an offer soon! :biggrin:

A great suprise I bet! I checked yours too, wasn't suprised you had recieved an offer when I saw them. So impressive! :cool:

I've applied for History & English combined. So quite competitive subjects, I'm not counting my chickens but can't lose anything by giving it a shot really. Do you know which college you are going to or which have you applied for?

Again though, cracking news, congrats.
Original post by Coda
Warwick, Durham, Nottingham, KCL and York

Cool, we may end up seeing each other next year then :wink:

Original post by adam0311
You do realize business and economics have almost little correlation?

just sayin'

Sorry, I was just assuming :colondollar:
Original post by EfflorescentCacoethes

Sorry, I was just assuming :colondollar:

I'll forgive you
A great suprise I bet! I checked yours too, wasn't suprised you had recieved an offer when I saw them. So impressive! :cool:

I've applied for History & English combined. So quite competitive subjects, I'm not counting my chickens but can't lose anything by giving it a shot really. Do you know which college you are going to or which have you applied for?

Again though, cracking news, congrats.

haha well Durham was my "risky option" on my UCAS form, so wasnt really banking on anything!
With your grades they would be mad not to take you! and how come you already have A2 english??
I applied for st cuthburts, but I dont know atm whether Im there or not - track says the college Im in will contact me soon :smile: what about you?
Original post by -kit-kat-
haha well Durham was my "risky option" on my UCAS form, so wasnt really banking on anything!
With your grades they would be mad not to take you! and how come you already have A2 english??
I applied for st cuthburts, but I dont know atm whether Im there or not - track says the college Im in will contact me soon :smile: what about you?

Oh wow, real turn out then :redface: And, I took English A Level a year early so that's why I've finished it now - it's great as it free'd up my timetable a bit in year 13 so I've been able to teach an English A-Level class with presence of an official teacher, of course, in those free periods. It's been great, so satisfying! :biggrin:

St Cuths looks great online! I put Josephine Butler, purely because of self-catering and accomodation though. I didn't have the chance to visit, so far away. Have you visited? Fingers crossed your good fortune continues and you get the college you want too. :smile:
Oh wow, real turn out then :redface: And, I took English A Level a year early so that's why I've finished it now - it's great as it free'd up my timetable a bit in year 13 so I've been able to teach an English A-Level class with presence of an official teacher, of course, in those free periods. It's been great, so satisfying! :biggrin:

St Cuths looks great online! I put Josephine Butler, purely because of self-catering and accomodation though. I didn't have the chance to visit, so far away. Have you visited? Fingers crossed your good fortune continues and you get the college you want too. :smile:

wow! thats great! it really shows your enthusiasm and stuff...they will love you!

yeah, I really didnt know what to put so basically my dad called his friend who went to durham a while ago, and he asked him which one to put, which was st cuths, so I just went with that :rolleyes:
I havent been able to visit either, because its sooo far away from where I live! I didnt think it was worth the trouble, because, as I said, I didnt think I was going to get in :rolleyes: Ill visit soon though!
I wanted self catering too :smile: Josephine Butler looks nice too :smile:
Original post by xxiexxva
is Physics and Astronomy considered a non-competitive course?

No but its far from the most competitive fortunately :biggrin:.
Original post by Keckers
I got an offer for Engineering this afternoon ^_^

Definitely going to be my firm choice!

YAAY! another durham engineer!- general engineering??
I got an offer a few weeks ago! what college did you apply too!
Reply 1709
Original post by I_am_the_eggman
No but its far from the most competitive fortunately :biggrin:.

What about psychology, do you know?
Any maths offers yet?
Think I'm going to ban myself from AES until after Christmas, it's quashing my Christmas spirit!
Reply 1712
Think I'm going to ban myself from AES until after Christmas, it's quashing my Christmas spirit!

Ha, same. Is Durham your first choice?
Original post by emilyanne2010
YAAY! another durham engineer!- general engineering??
I got an offer a few weeks ago! what college did you apply too!

Yeah, general engineering :smile:

I applied for Collingwood and that's the campus code on my offer, but I think it's still subject to change?
A*AA offer for Maths G103
I'm SOOOOOOO Happy :biggrin::smile::wink:
Offer for History (deferred)! Ridiculously, ridiculously pleased. :biggrin:
Original post by darkestskies
Offer for History (deferred)! Ridiculously, ridiculously pleased. :biggrin:

That's awesome, congratulations! :smile:
Friend received an offer for chemistry, 37 I.B points.
I want to hear from law, plz. :frown:
Original post by blackpot
What about psychology, do you know?

Nope, sorry. Although I would guess its fairly popular. Tbh I think any course at a Uni like Durham is going to be fairly competitive. Unless it's based in Queens Campus.
Original post by blackpot
Ha, same. Is Durham your first choice?

If I get an offer then yeah, it sure would be. Just makes it all the worse though! Is it yours?

Latest